Wrestling Forum banner

Rocky sucks

7K views 76 replies 52 participants last post by  denias9301 
#1 · (Edited)
Why did they even give the belt to rock if he shows up whenever he likes
cm punk atleast did a promo when he was injured i know people will say that the rock is a part timer big hollywood star
and cm punk is a full time wrestler but screw that (pipebomb) if the rock wanted to do mvoies tell im to go to hollywodd like he did for so many years and not return and prevent other superstars who work day in and day out to achieve the belt

the rock simply doesnt deserve to hold the belt anymore he sold out !!
he might want to come back and hold the belt like he is now but the fact of the matter is he LEFT
for a better a better job and to be more famous using the rocks name that the wwe universe help establish

The rock should never ever return to the wwe, vince knows this but as a stubborn horny money lover ignores what the rock did to him and the wwe universe just to earn a few bucks

screw you vince for not having morals and screw you rock for hogging the spot light

#42 ·
I won't say he sucks.

I'm just saying, he should back out. You don't see Stone Cold returning all the time, and when he does return he has to beat a younger star. Rock just needs to stay away for a bit.

I can't even get excited for him anymore. Because each time, it's the same damn template with the same results.

1. Walks in.
2. Talks trash on the superstar.
3. Makes male genital joke.
4. Joke trends worldwide.
5. Rock bottom.

That's about it. It gets old. It's getting predictable with him. I also don't like him being the guy with the title. All it's going to end up being is, less interesting stories with the title. And in the end, it's going to come down to Cena being champ.

If he came back everyone once and awhile, with something that didn't follow the template? I'd like him a bit more.

I mean, I'm not saying he's not a legend. I'm saying, his returns are just ruining him, at least in my mind. Either stay back, or stick to the movies.

#43 ·
who is to say the rock will lose the title at mania?? just saying as i remember 90% off fans claimed it was writen in stone that cena was winning last year. also you guys are hating on the rock. just be thankfull as cena isnt beating the rock clean even if he does win.its either going to be a heel turn or a heel turn. if cena beats the rock thats it cena is heel he gets bood being a face as it is.

kids are turning on the guy my 8 year old was a huge cena fan his now a rock fan and claims cena is boring lol. kids will start booing him. hence why im not so sure cena is winning. cena winning is a heel turn as far as im concerned. and the wwe wont turn him heel

#44 ·
I took this in consideration. But I honestly don't see Rock being back for good.

I feel this is a stupid idea of "Passing the torch." You know, those useless passings?

Just like Hogan vs Rock. Rock didn't need that torch passed to him, he was already huge in the company. Just like Rock doesn't need to pass it to Cena. He's already a huge name of the current era.

#45 ·
^^^^agree mate there is no torch to be passed on, cena has been there and done it. i dont think the rock will leave. if the wwe see the benifits i can see them throwing money at the rock to stick around. we no its not the money but i cant see how the wwe will just allow him to got without returning. we have seen what the wwe has done with lesnar i new they would offer him another contract.

also has the rock ever lied before. he claimed he is never going away again. must mean something

#51 · (Edited)
Punk has held the Title for 434 days, hopefully Cena doesn't have a long title reign like that everybody should be happy for him.

Everyone knew once Rock announced he gonna challenge for the Title at the RR, he was gonna win it. You complaining that Rock fucked up Punk's Title reign yet Cena was in the main event for most of the PPVs of 2012 and only reason he was able to get the few main events he did was because either he was wrestling Cena or Cena was injured(HIAC), and Cena was in the Money in Bank match
Only Time Punk seem like he was really important was when he started the feud with The Rock

From a Business stand point, Rock as the Champion=Ratings.
I think alot of People are over reacting about this situation but look on the bright side :rock will drop the belt to Fruity Pebbles
and The Year of :cena will officially begin

#53 ·
Not trying to be a dick, but Rock also has how many years of being in the most loved era behind him?

Yeah, people are going to tune in for it. That's not really a fair argument. It also doesn't help with the mass media coverage due to a celebrity going back into it.

Reactions: Joshi
#57 ·
There is certainly a thing that sucks.

That thing however isn't Rock's fault.

I mean The Rock will do what he does best, but in the end of day the WWE will fail to capitalize on his presents.

That goes to show that it doesn't matter how many big names they'll bring back, because they don't know how to do things to benefit them in the long run.

Punk losing twice to The Rock and The Rock losing the title to Cena doesn't benefit or improve the product.

#58 ·
I still feel it went all wrong.

Let's just say, Rock let Punk go over him IN A CLEAN WAY. The mass media coverage still could've happened. It would've helped build Punk up to BE on a higher tier.

The problem is, they worry about bringing people back rather than building people up. They did it with Cena, and that's about it.

#59 ·
WWE has really screwed this up. And it's not Rock's fault, it's the fault of making it so damn predictable. Someone else other than Cena should have won the Royal Rumble. At least then you'd have a question about whether or not Cena would face The Rock at WM.

Now it's beyond obvious, and the outcome is beyond obvious.

Personally, I think that's the main reason for the turn on The Rock by people. It's not really on him so much as it is the predictability of it all.

#60 · (Edited)
The Rock boost ratings not prestige to the title.

The Rock coming back after 10 years puts on three average performances and beats WWEs current number one and beats the longest reigning champion in 25 years both on the first time of asking. WWE is more important than The Rock and WWE are just going for the short term and cashing in on him rather than the long term.

I get the whole more people tune in to watch The Rock and when they do they could see Dolph Ziggler steal the show and continue to tune in for him but I think this way of thinking only has a short term affect on the company.

Im a big fan of The Rock always have been and always will be but his return has just tarnished my opinion of him. I just find it so uninteresting watching him do everything he did 15 years ago over and over. The whole point is to have no idea who is going to win each match and have an element of surprise rather than know he is going to win every match and pretty much call it a year in advance.

#73 ·
I would rather The Rock have it between CM Punk and Cena than see CM Punk vs either Cena and/or Ryback in EC and RR for the 15th in the past year and a half. The same match over and over again was getting out of hand. It's nice seeing someone else come in with the belt around their waist than CM Punk. I wouldn't say that WWE belt was more prestigious because of CM Punk either, again, he faced the same guys in different PPV's for over a year.

#74 ·
It was more prestigious because of how LONG it was being held. Also by a serious contender such as himself. The way he spoke with the promos, also help build up how serious it was.

The Rock has it as an add on. That's about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.