Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Why is WWE allowed to revise history regarding Warrior and Fingerpoke of Doom?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 05:34 AM
Elipses Corter
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Why is WWE allowed to revise history regarding Warrior and Fingerpoke of Doom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj60 View Post
The WWE mentions that Nitro never beat Raw again in the ratings after the Fingerpoke of Doom which implies that the Fingerpoke of Doom did huge damage to the WCW.
And that is another example that WWE is distorting the truth to make themselves look superior or to bury WCW even further.

WCW never beat RAW in the ratings again after October 26, 1998, which was the night after the bullshit at Halloween Havoc where the PPV feed went out just as Goldberg/DDP started. So, they aired the match the next night on Nitro.

Fingerpoke DID NOT do huge damage to WCW, because the 5 weeks of Nitro after 1/4/99 all drew a higher rating than nearl every episode of Nitro since September 14, 1998. All except for the 10/26/98 Nitro.

Ratings didn't take a dive until May 1999, when they struggled to reach 3.8. Otherwise, ratings for Nitro from 1/4/99 to 5/3/99 where nearly identical to the ratings they drew from September 1998 to December 1998.

So, I don't see how the Fingerpoke did huge damage. I don't feel like looking it up but whatever the angles where on in May of 1999 is what did huge damage because for a 3 month period, they never drew more than a 3.8. Compare that to the 3 months after the Fingerpoke, they drew under a 3.8 only one time.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome