Wrestling Forum banner

WrestleMania XXX Confirmed for Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans

52K views 696 replies 225 participants last post by  MVP_HHH_RKO 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

wwe.com said:
NEW ORLEANS — It’s official: WrestleMania XXX will be held at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Sunday, April 6, 2014, as confirmed by New Orleans, top WWE officials and a host of WWE Superstars in an all-star press conference live-streamed on WWE.com, the WWE App, WWE’s Facebook page, and YouTube.com/WWE.

“We are happy to announce that New Orleans will host WWE’s premiere event, WrestleMania XXX, right here in the dome on April 6, 2014,” New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu said at the conference, which took place at the Superdome itself. “This is just an unbelievable experience for us. WWE and New Orleans are going to be a perfect match. We are a perfect city for sports-entertainment. I don’t think anybody does it better than us.”

Joining Mayor Landrieu at the Superdome for the historic announcement were WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, WWE COO Triple H, Executive Vice President of Creative Stephanie McMahon and a cavalcade of Superstars, including WWE Champion Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio, John Cena, Big Show, Mark Henry, The Great Khali, Brodus Clay and WWE Divas Layla, Cameron and Naomi.

“WrestleMania is a celebration; it’s what we do,” Mr. McMahon said. “People from all over the world come to New Orleans and they’re going to celebrate the grandeur, the spectacular nature of WrestleMania … that’s what WrestleMania is, and there’s no town in the world that personifies celebration more than New Orleans.”

Also taking part in the press conference were Rita Benson Leblanc, New Orleans Saints owner and vice chairman; Stephen Perry, president and CEO of New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau; Jay Cicero, CEO of the Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation; and Alan Freeman, general manager of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and New Orleans Arena.

“WWE is all about bringing smiles to people’s faces the world over,” Stephanie McMahon said, speaking moments after her father took the podium. “And that is what we’re going to do right here in the city of New Orleans, because we are going to have one heck of a party 30 years in the making.”

WWE Champion The Rock also spoke on the significance of WrestleMania week, calling it an “unduplicated” experience for the host city. “The bottom line is, it’s fun,” The Great One said, grinning from ear to ear, “and I am so, so proud to bring WrestleMania to New Orleans.” He then led the assembled members of the media in a chorus of “When the Saints Go Marching In.”

John Cena, who will challenge Rock for the WWE Title at WrestleMania 29 in East Rutherford, N.J., in just a few weeks’ time, echoed his opponent’s sentiments.

“[WrestleMania] will give people around the world the chance to enjoy the hospitality I have enjoyed,” the 10-time WWE Champion said. “Every tourist who comes to New Orleans always leaves with a story about New Orleans.

“I promise you when WrestleMania XXX comes to New Orleans, we will give you a celebration worthy of this great city.”

Aside from WrestleMania XXX itself, the festivities in New Orleans will include WrestleMania Axxess, the annual, four-day fan festival, taking place at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center, the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Monday Night Raw, be a STAR anti-bullying rallies, the WrestleMania Reading Challenge Finals, hospital visits and other pro-social activities designed to give back to the community. The pay-per-view event will be televised to more than 100 countries.

Last year, WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami generated more than $100 million in economic impact for Miami and Miami-Dade County, a new record for WrestleMania. This year, WrestleMania 29 takes place at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., on Sunday, April 7.

Ultimately, though, and perhaps rather fittingly, it was Mr. McMahon who gave the perfect summation of his signature creation’s 30th birthday, with a bit of local flavor to boot.

“I believe there’s an expression you use here in New Orleans,” Mr. McMahon said at the conclusion of his remarks. “I will not attempt to say it in French, but: let the good times roll.”
Link - http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/wrestlemania-xxx-superdome-new-orleans-2014-26092312

Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana:

See less See more
1 3
#23 ·
Re: WrestleMania 30 Location Almost Confirmed...

Wow, there was a thread not long ago with WWE spoiling the same news, but people shitted on New Orleans and want it to be in Wembley, Giants Stadium and even MSG lol

And this thread here is the opposite with people actually supporting the idea.

For me, I'm down with Superdome too.

#29 ·
I would prefer MSG but it was obvious that wouldn't happen. I am more concerned with them being correct and saying the 30th annual and not 30th anniversary. That drove me nuts for Wrestlemania 25.

I also hope Toronto never gets another Mania after the god awful crowd at 18.

#35 ·

New Orleans woukd suck for the 30th anniversary for Wrestlemania. They should have held it at Toronto, Dallas at the new Cowboys stadium, or even at Madison Square Garden even though their at NY this year

#39 ·
Wrestlemania 30 reported to be in New Orleans

WrestleMania XXX is pretty much now confirmed for the Superdome in New Orleans, which would be the first time there’s been a pro wrestling show there since WCW booked Nitro there on June 21, 1999...The expectation is the official announcement will come in February in conjunction with the Elimination Chamber show, in New Orleans.
Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer has said that the company has tagged the 37 year old Superdome for the spot.
Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1511802-wwe-finally-decides-on-wrestlemania-30-venue

#46 ·

wwe will make sure all the power stuff is working properly before the show

#49 ·

Is New Orleans worth the trip over from the UK? It would be my third Mania if I went, but we kind of decide on our trips over based on what the whole city offers, not just the wrestling. The only thing I can think of to do there aside of wrestling is Bourbon Street.

An idea would be three days in New Orleans for WM weekend and a week in Miami, which is a city me and my mate really enjoyed visiting last year for Mania.

#51 ·

Is New Orleans worth the trip over from the UK? It would be my third Mania if I went, but we kind of decide on our trips over based on what the whole city offers, not just the wrestling. The only thing I can think of to do there aside of wrestling is Bourbon Street.

An idea would be three days in New Orleans for WM weekend and a week in Miami, which is a city me and my mate really enjoyed visiting last year for Mania.
I'm thinking the exact same . . I plan my manias around the city too as I have to take the wife and she goes shopping, lays on beach etc . .

But I'm not sure i can miss wrestlemania 30 . . I might just have to go any way

#55 ·

From 2010-2015, the superbowls that took place are almost all WM locations.

SB in 2010 was location of WM28(2012)
SB in 2013 held at possible WM30(2014) location
SB in 2014 held at WM29(2013) location
SB in 2015 held at WM26(2010) location

So Indiana,Dallas likely getting WM31,32.

#56 ·

NoDQ.com
- There are reports that a local radio station in New Orleans leaked the news on Wednesday that WWE's WrestleMania 30 will be held there at the Super Dome. An official announcement from WWE was expected at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, also from New Orleans, later this month.

PWInsider reported earlier this week that officials continue to go back and forth on the WrestleMania 30 location and that New Orleans was not 100% official yet.

There are forces within WWE who believe WrestleMania 30 should be held at Madison Square Garden but more people in the company believe that WWE has already set the standard for holding WrestleMania at big stadiums, plus the argument that the New York area is getting WrestleMania this year.

#58 ·

It's a weird choice for the 30th Wrestlemania. I was thinking they would return to Toronto next year.

#59 ·

Superdome, baby! I predict that Wrestlemania XXX will be the second-most attended event in WWE history with 85,000 people. I'm a 9-hour car drive away (in NE Florida), and there is no way I am missing Wrestlemania 30, which will probably be centered around Taker's retirement. And it's New Orleans! Come on! It's going to be a blast. Any idea what the dates would be, so that I can look at hotel rooms now?

#60 ·

I'm definitely going. Whoohoo.

#61 ·

I was going to try and scrape together money for this years Mania but made the decision that i would properly save up and do 30 properly. New Orleans was a weird choice i thought but as someone has said, if you go with an open mind then you will have a great time, i for one am really looking forward to going somewhere that not many people i know will have been, I have heard so much about the place about how the music and the parties. Should be an absolute blast

#64 ·

MSG is the only right choice for 30. You've got 9 more after that for your big stadiums. Tradition should trump dollars (and let's be real, if it was at MSG, they'd charge $500 for nosebleeds and still have a sellout).

#65 ·

I can't even fathom how retarded it would be having WM29 @ Met Life this year and WM30 ***NINE MILES AWAY*** next year at MSG. The pure ridiculousness of that trumps any tradition. They should've had WM30 at Met Life NEXT YEAR to continue the NEW YORK WM TRADITION. WM has gotten too big for an 18,000 seat arena, and no matter how historic MSG is there are a lot nicer arena's with higher capacities to hold a WM anyway (not that a WM is EVER going to be held in an arena again, but United Center holds 2500+ more people than MSG, it would be okay if WM has to be in Chicago as Soldier Field would be cold in April too).

I'd love WM31 to be in Toronto, it's gonna be COLD in New Jersey in early April! How could they hold WM in a northeastern city in an outdoor stadium? Toronto is perfect...tons of hotels within walking distance of the Rogers Centre, and the ACC is 5 minutes down the street for HOF/RAW. Miami was great but getting to the Stadium was a pain in the ass. Having WM at any stadium that's not downtown is also dumb. I stayed in Sunny Isles Beach, going from the airport there, then to the Stadium, then back, then downtown the next day...wow. Although it's easy enough to go from Sunny Isles to AAA by transit.

Gotta say with all the new stadiums in the U.S. though I don't know about Toronto getting another WM anytime soon. Cowboys Stadium would be absolutely UNREAL! What about going oldschool and using the LA Colisem or Beaver Stadium? Set another attendance record with over 100,000 people. Gotta think outside the box boys! Penn State could use the economy boost that's for sure!

#66 ·

Joined this forum on the back of this thread. I went to Wrestlemania in Miami and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

To the person asking about 'money spent' from the UK etc. I spent about £2,500 with this including very good seats for the event, Axxess, HoF, Raw the following night, hotel and flights and spending money for a 10 night stay. It was worth every penny.

I have been monitoring Wrestlemania 30 location for months now and has always looked most likely it will be New Orleans and I am very excited at the prospect of it being there. I am unable to go to Wrestlemania in NY this year due to personal finances etc but hoping that from WM30 onwards I make it an annual thing for me.

May be travelling alone, the guy I went with to Miami is a bit sceptical about it being in New Orleans. He was pushing and pushing for me to go to NY this year and I think maybe New Orleans doesn't sound so 'glam' to him but I shall be using the comments I have seen here plus my own Google research to keep pushing his mind to change! A lot of other friends of mine here in the UK are huge fans but financial it can be tough for some which is understandable.

Anyone who is weighing up pros and cons. Just do it. Go. Its Wrestlemania. Every city will have its amazing ways for you to experience and USA is a fantastic country.

I'm hoping for Wrestlemania 31 to be Chicago. I would also love Dallas or Toronto (never been to Canada) but wherever it is I look forward to the planning and build up to the event, the excitement builds months in advance for me with all the hotel booking, activity searching. Already looking forward to Wrestlemania 30, even though its 14 months away!

#67 ·

I'm hoping for Wrestlemania 31 to be Chicago. I would also love Dallas or Toronto (never been to Canada) but wherever it is I look forward to the planning and build up to the event, the excitement builds months in advance for me with all the hotel booking, activity searching. Already looking forward to Wrestlemania 30, even though its 14 months away!
31 would most likely take place in the UK since it's long overdue and, the fanbase there is steadily growing (considering the fact that pro wrestling is losing mainstream interest). Chicago would be a great choice too, especially if we're talking about Punk's retirement match since he mentioned he'll be retiring very soon.

#74 ·

Listen people, there is NO WAY in hell Vince is going to lose a potential 70,000 seat arena that will give a shit-ton of money for a 20,000 seat arena. WrestleMania is too big of a spectacle now to be held in such small arena like MSG. Vince isn't going to risk going to MSG just to appease the internet crowd who scream of "tradition!." He's going to do what's right for business and what makes his company the most money. And that's booking the 30th Anniversary of WrestleMania is a huge arena for a lot of people.

As for WrestleMania being in New Orleans. I'm not sure anymore. After the power-outage at the Super Bowl, I think Vince might think twice.

#75 ·

Listen people, there is NO WAY in hell Vince is going to lose a potential 70,000 seat arena that will give a shit-ton of money for a 20,000 seat arena. WrestleMania is too big of a spectacle now to be held in such small arena like MSG. Vince isn't going to risk going to MSG just to appease the internet crowd who scream of "tradition!." He's going to do what's right for business and what makes his company the most money. And that's booking the 30th Anniversary of WrestleMania is a huge arena for a lot of people.

As for WrestleMania being in New Orleans. I'm not sure anymore. After the power-outage at the Super Bowl, I think Vince might think twice.
Eh, they had Wrestlemanias all the time in smaller areans in the 80s and 90s when they definitely could have done them in bigger ones. I don't think it's that huge of a difference since WWE always ends up having to give away a lot of tickets for free when they do big areans (even for Wrestlemania). At this point renting MSG is probably more expensive than renting the Superdome or a comparatively sized arena though, so from that perspective it's probably fair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.