Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #16636 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 PM
#BadNewsSanta
Ho!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Forgot about Punk/Ryback TLC and actually just gave it a watch. ***1/2. I actually wasn't that big of a fan of it when I initially watched it, but I loved how everything seemed to flow well, Ryback's offense was very good, Punk's selling was great, and no spots looked too contrived. Punk also looked fairly strong against Ryback... well... stronger than he looked at HIAC anyway.

I'm looking forward to Punk/Rock EC for the simple reason that the more I think about it, the more I get the feeling Punk/Rock was more experimenting on their part, seeing what works while knowing they were going to have a screwy finish that would ruin the match for some anyway. I also think it was to gauge Rock's endurance and for Punk/Rock to figure how to work things better. Now I'm someone who thought the match was great, but still disappointing considering how amazing the feud and promos were going into it. It's probably wishful thinking on my part, but I think Punk vs. Rock at EC is going to be the classic or near-classic we thought we were going to get at the Rumble. I have a feeling they'll use what worked at the Rumble, eliminate/fix the things that didn't, and have a proper finishing stretch/false finishers with more than just a People's Elbow. I'm also certain it'll have a clean finish, or at the very least a dirty finish for a Punk win that isn't some horseshit like what happened at RR with The Shield.

Meh, chances are my speculations are all fallacies, but regardless I'm looking forward to the match. Never thought we'd see Punk/Rock II, especially so soon after the first match, but it excites me nevertheless.

I'm watching you...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome