Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Over 30 year old WWE fan thread

View Single Post

Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Suzukigun

777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading
Default Re: The Over 30 year old WWE fan thread

Nice to see some other 'older' fans about. I'm 35 myself and started watching in 83.

I still find myself very passionate about the business but I don't take things personally either. Doesn't matter if my guys win or not, I tend to be workrate or character oriented and have an understanding of why things are done certain ways for certain purposes. As others have stated, the constantly shifting landscape has become common place and I've developed an appreciation for the campy nature of the product (sometimes bad booking, botches and blunders provide great entertainment).

It's fucking 'pro-wrestling' and I love it, but it's 'pro-wrestling'.

My children have probably been subjected to more wrestling footage than most people will see in their entire lives, but my daughter isn't interested and my youngest is too young to understand. My seven-year-old son on the other hand has only recently started taking an active interest in watching the product with me.
I have no problem with the modern product as it's geared to everyone, both adults and kids. Have even taken to showing my son some vintage stuff including AE and ECW but I'm also very liberal in that way and take the time to explain things to him as we watch.

Edit: I'd just like to add that sometimes being a contributing member of this forum can be difficult as an actual adult wading through a pool of often petulantly posting pre-teens.

I love professional-wrestling.

"One thing I found out through my experiences in life is that if I don't like something, usually it's me who has to change." - Eddie Guerrero

Last edited by 777 : 02-05-2013 at 09:38 PM.
777 is offline   Reply With Quote