Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Over 30 year old WWE fan thread

View Single Post

Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
holt_hogan
Characters Welcome

holt_hogan needs to take rep more seriousholt_hogan needs to take rep more seriousholt_hogan needs to take rep more seriousholt_hogan needs to take rep more seriousholt_hogan needs to take rep more seriousholt_hogan needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The Over 30 year old WWE fan thread

Personally I'm a huge supporter of PPV's returning to the big 4 a year only model.

My first memory of watching a PPV was Summerslam 1990, Sky Television had only just been introduced to the UK a year earlier so we never got WWE in the UK before that time. Back then you never had to pay for PPV's in the UK and for some reason they were never shown on the Sports channels but on the Sky Movies channel.

My neighbours were also big wrestling fans and we'd be excited all week leading up to the PPV's. If there was 12 a year back then I think the novelty would have worn off quickly.

I suppose that's just one tiny facet of what's changed. Back then we had to wait for PPV's to see Superstars actually wrestle each other. I remember watching Wrestling Challenge and Superstars religiously.

Good times.

Edit: Just found this for any UK fans:

Last edited by holt_hogan : 02-05-2013 at 09:24 PM.
holt_hogan is offline   Reply With Quote