Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Is there ANY chance Cena does NOT leave WM as WWE champion?

View Single Post

Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
SinJackal
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

SinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missed
Default Re: Is there ANY chance Cena does NOT leave WM as WWE champion?

Cena will win, but he's not going to have a huge title reign like Punk just did. NOBODY is going to get a reign like that. . .because they will learn from the mistake they just made with that last reign.

Reigns of those lengths simply do not work anymore. They don't keep the show interesting, they hold down other wrestlers from growing and being relevant, and they will develop hatred towards the character who keep holding the belt which simply will not go away. Fans that hated Cena years ago still hate him now even though he hasn't worn the belt in 15 months.

I suspect Cena will have a 3-4 PPV length title reign, and then lose it. Likely, it'll happen at Summerslam. So pretty much he will reign for the first quarter of the next season, then lose it to someone to put them over in a way CM Punk never could.

I don't mind that tbh. I will only get annoyed if Summerslam passes, and there appears to be no end in sight like with Punk's reign. Until that happens, I don't care that Cena wins it back. I'm just glad Punk's reign is finally done and something different is going to be happening with the title once he loses at EC and is no longer in the picture for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERN0 View Post
If Rock and Lesnar both job, and throw in Punk jobbing to 'Taker I think it's horrendous for WWE, so so predictable, and just back to the status quo.
CM Punk winning all the time and having the title has been the status quo for about 18 months. I'm not seeing how Punk winning is somehow not maintaining the status quo, when by definition, it's exactly what the status quo is.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote