Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#7,895 ·
Re: ''Danny Ainge needs to shut the fuck up and manage his own team.''

MILWAUKEE – With Derrick Rose working hard to recover from his torn ACL, Ronnie Brewer believes the Chicago Bulls made a mistake by leaking that the 2011 NBA MVP has been medically cleared to return.

“I felt it was unfortunate the [Bulls] released that Derrick was cleared to play,” Brewer told RealGM on Saturday night. “It’s a process and that’s a dramatic injury. If you’re not 110 percent mentally there and you still have thoughts and regrets about the injury, you’re not going to be playing at a high level. Until you can do that, he’s still not cleared in my opinion.”

Rose has made clear he could sit out the entire season after undergoing knee surgery last May, and a major issue he’s dealt with is being fully confident mentally. In Brewer’s mind, the mental facet is just critical as the physical one – no matter if Rose wants to return in a limited part or his old superstar role.

“I think it’s as important mental as it is physical,” Brewer said. “[The injury] happened on a freak play: Him coming down the lane, doing the play he’s done a thousand times. Whenever he’s comfortable doing the things he was used to doing, that’s when he’ll jump out there.”

As far as when Rose will return, Brewer doesn’t think anyone around the Bulls knows, but he was adamant it should come when only his former teammate is ready.

“I don’t think anybody really knows,” Brewer said. “I don’t think the doctors know. I don’t think any of the players know. Whatever it is, I don’t think he should rush back and not be confident to play, because if you’re not playing with confidence then everything goes out the window.”
Thought this was interesting.

#7,896 ·

In response to LeBron, Wade and Chalmers sitting out today's game against the Spurs...

Popovich pretended to be stunned by the news.

"What kind of shit is that?" the Spurs coach said after stepping a few feet backward in mock astonishment. "Are you kidding me? Who would think of something like that? That's below the belt. There's no place for that."
Stern better fine them or he'll look like the Heat loving corrupt son of a bitch that he really is.

#7,898 ·

Do ppl even care if he returns at this point. Would he even make them better at all, he'd be coming off the bench and even then wont be even close to how good he can be.

Should have just sat out the season and start his whole "Return" campain in the offseason.

#7,899 ·

I don't think the Heat will be fined. For one they made the trip, unlike before when the Spurs players didn't even make the trip. Also Bosh is playing, so they didn't rest all their stars.

On a related note this is looking like the first game when the short handed team plays above expectations and makes it a close game. Still expect the Spurs to win though.

#7,906 ·

BOSH might be the most underrated player in the league. A lot of people seem to forget that the guy is a star and who knows how far the Raptors could've gone if they could've gotten him competent players around him.

#7,910 ·

Stern may not fine the Heat and cite technical reasons for it but this was still a blatant resting of starters. If he doesn't fine them, technicalities or not, he's still going to look like a hypocrite. Yes, the Heat may have won this game but for whoever remembers that earlier game, the Spurs get that win if the refs call the up n down on LeBron before he passed to Ray for the 3.

#7,911 ·

Looks like we will never get to see a real game between the Miami Heat and the San Antonio Spurs. They rather sit their own superstar players and troll the fans instead. Haha...Just like how we will never see Lebron vs Kobe in the Finals.

#7,914 ·

Bullshit referees aside, Spurs had too many turnovers, missed freethrows and the three's just weren't falling tonight. Their rebounding was awesome the points in the paint was great, it could have been worse.

#7,916 ·

Bullshit referees aside, Spurs had too many turnovers, missed freethrows and the three's just weren't falling tonight. Their rebounding was awesome the points in the paint was great, it could have been worse.
My point proven, they are the biggest contenders for the Heat.

Bulls aside :side:

#7,917 ·

Pretty funny story about Kobe from Shaq's book:

"We used to rap on the bus all the time. We’d freestyle. We’d see something and go off. It could be anything—a guy with a big nose walking his dog, a guy on our team with a zit on his cheek. Kobe wouldn’t usually say anything, but he was sitting there observing. You could tell he wanted to join in, but he hung back. Maybe he was afraid he wasn’t a good enough rapper. Who knows? We spent a lot of time wondering what was going on under that retro afro he had.

Kobe was a very intelligent guy. One day we’re on the bus rapping, and he starts in with his own rap. He’s using all these big words, and the damn rap sounds like a movie script or something. That was when we realized he was going home and writing stuff up, then memorizing it and coming back with it on the bus."

#7,920 ·

Can't believe Bulls almost lost that game last night, if Deng wasn't killing we defo would have :no:
We're battered. Been playing with half a team for so long. The fact that we remian competative and are still winning games is testament to the spirit of this team and a fantastic coach in one Tom Thibodeau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.