Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - AVG Anti Virus the best Anti Virus Program out there
View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Svart

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: AVG Anti Virus the best Anti Virus Program out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuchiki View Post
Heh, that's pretty lame. I've been using NOD32 for many years now and don't have much fear of clicking on pages I know for a fact have viruses. Even before NOD, I was having to delve into the registry and delete files many times to remove the things manually. (Finding Unlocker a bit later helped considerably by reducing the number of restarts.)

I don't think that solely going by "trust" teaches you much. My diagnosing skills came from risks. It's strange to not have to take them anymore with the comfort that your AV will actually find and kill it before it buries itself too deep for AV's growing immensly during 2003-2005 AV like Avast or ZoneAlarm to find. What you've described doesn't sound like a problem anymore than a configuration issue.
It's a problem because that large piece of code is always sitting there, doing very little. Considering just how rapidly viruses, malware, trojans and exploits are disseminated and sold, I find it pointless to have the protection. Even experts echo that only like 30% of all threats will be taken care of via a/v software. I'd rather learn the underlying causes of infection and exploitation to greatly minimize the odds of an issue. I'm not going to say my pc is impenetrable because that would just be naive. But I'd also be very surprised If I were infected/exploited.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome