Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - "It's working? Let's ruin it!" - TNA
View Single Post
post #53 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 10:56 PM
joeisgonnakillyou
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: "It's working? Let's ruin it!" - TNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTheBehemoth View Post
Homicide and Hernandez = LAX. Mexican American & TexMex = Shite.

That's a pretty popular myth on the net. However, it's just a myth.
While the whole thing with Konnan was a great storyline, it was just a storyline aka the best chapter of their great gimmick. L.A.X. was never in that 'Die Rocky Die' or 'X-Pac heat' or 'Dead crowd' territory. L.A.X. 2008 was TNA's top babyface team, one of their top merch sellers and over with everyone (internet fans and the crowd). And you call that 'dead'?
No, it's not.
I've been watching TNA since 2005 and stopped around 2009-2010 for obvious reasons until impact wrestling... but LAX with konan was a stable, I mean a really badass one with motives and booking behind not just a generic latino tag team. Hernandez and Homicide in 2008 were what joe/nashbitch 2008 was to samoa joe in 2006.
There was most def. some "internet fans" not buying the new LAX and I was one of them.

The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome