Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Former WWE writer rips TNAs big announcement
View Single Post
post #39 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 04:31 PM
mb1025
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Former WWE writer rips TNAs big announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRanger View Post
I think he means if you are going to go on the road dont make a big deal about how you are finally moving out of Orlando. You can promote the shows and where to buy tickets, but a casual fan probably doesn't even know they have been in the Impact Zone for 8 years. When the WWF moved out of the Manhattan Center for Raw in 94 they just promoted dates and the arenas gradually looked bigger because ticket sales are generated through local promotion, not major announcements halfway through Impact.

He is absolutely correct when it comes to TNA's definition of a "major announcement". If Vince McMahon said "Monday night i will have a major announcement" you are thinking "Austin's back!" or "Undertaker will come out and tombstone him". If you are fan who doesn't follow TNA tuning in for the first time or even a fan who doesn't go on the internet the announcement of TNA moving out of a studio would be like "errr ... so?" Moving out of Universal is a longterm business decision. It doesn't affect our viewing habits.
This is why his and your logic is a GIANT fail.

Lets say the casual fan who watches TNA on the regular is watching the show. They obviously know where TNA has been over the past 8 years. Now lets say a casual fan is tuning in for the first time. Not only do you or the former writer know how they will react, but why does it matter how they react? If they care they will wait for the show to come to them and if they don't care they are not going to tune out just because TNA made a 30 second announcement about moving their show on the road.

It makes me laugh when people make an argument and then use casual as evidence to back it up. Well I didn't realize there was a door to door survey conducted after the announcement.

As far as what WWE would have done is ridiculous. How about we take a look at this.

Get The F Out Spot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USoHwW40zf4

Vince McMahon Announces the Attitude Era
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HznErMk97B4

Last edited by mb1025; 02-02-2013 at 04:33 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome