Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Who would you like to get signed?
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
DetroitRiverPhx
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Re: Who would you like to get signed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asenath View Post
I agree with you on this one. I keep saying that there's some glitch with WWE developmental's 'pet project' recruits - the kids out of college athletics, or who have only been in training for less than a year. The kids who've done more than -- I'll say 3, arbitrarily -- 3 years in the indies always come up looking better in-ring, even if they don't have 'the look'.
Their reasoning, and I can't say it's wrong, is that this level of talent/size potential their after likely wouldn't go the indie route. Indie guys have been doing the indie thing since their 17 years old and are hardcore fans. College athletes/grads are 22-23 and are not going to hit up a wrestling school and go the indie route and live off of peanuts for 3-4 years, they'll use their college education to go work.

Now ideally I'd like to see these guys loaned out after enough time in developmental - loan them out to Japan or PR for a year or something.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome