Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Who would you like to get signed?

View Single Post

Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
DetroitRiverPhx
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

DetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friends
Default Re: Who would you like to get signed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asenath View Post
I agree with you on this one. I keep saying that there's some glitch with WWE developmental's 'pet project' recruits - the kids out of college athletics, or who have only been in training for less than a year. The kids who've done more than -- I'll say 3, arbitrarily -- 3 years in the indies always come up looking better in-ring, even if they don't have 'the look'.
Their reasoning, and I can't say it's wrong, is that this level of talent/size potential their after likely wouldn't go the indie route. Indie guys have been doing the indie thing since their 17 years old and are hardcore fans. College athletes/grads are 22-23 and are not going to hit up a wrestling school and go the indie route and live off of peanuts for 3-4 years, they'll use their college education to go work.

Now ideally I'd like to see these guys loaned out after enough time in developmental - loan them out to Japan or PR for a year or something.
DetroitRiverPhx is offline   Reply With Quote