Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

330K views 9K replies 174 participants last post by  Deck The Halls With Funes Mori 
#1 ·
Old thread got too big. Leave the memories alone.

I think MAZACAR deserve to feature in the first post :mata :hazard :bosscar2

:rvp and :javy for carrying United.

:dzeko for saving City.

:suarez1 for just being Suarez.

And finally some BRAVE lads :hesk2 :barry (We need some current BRAVE VILLA smilies)

Let's see if we can kill this thread before the end of the season.

#7,524 ·
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

Silent Alarm, you're one miserable bastard. The kid has potential, 15 million might end up looking like a bargain in 5 years. Obviously there's the chance for it to fuck up but we've paid that for a keeper who can't catch, half of that for a winger/con artist pretending to be a footballer who didn't have a house 5 years ago and a third of that for the shittest player to ever win a World Cup for Brazil. Have faith, at least Zaha has some exciting ability. Commenting on his fashion sense makes you less of a man too. Woman's issues fella, woman's issues.

Glass half-full is the way to go, you half-empty tart.

#7,527 ·

Silent Alarm, you're one realistic bastard. The kid has potential, 15 million might end up looking like a bargain in 5 years. Obviously there's the chance for it to fuck up but we've paid that for a keeper who can't catch, half of that for a winger/con artist pretending to be a footballer who didn't have a house 5 years ago and a third of that for the shittest player to ever win a World Cup for Brazil. Have faith, at least Zaha has some exciting ability. Commenting on his fashion sense makes you less of a man too. Woman's issues fella, woman's issues.

Glass half-full is the way to go, you half-empty tart.
Yeah, I've seen him a few times and know that there's talent there. But £15 million is a lot to be paying for raw potential.

Buy a cunting midfielder instead of a young hit or miss winger who's only ever performed in the Championship.

#8,467 ·

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Brilliant (Y)

@Cookie Monster :lol He was fantastic indeed, best player on the pitch. Pace, power, skill and shooting ability. One moment where he gave Ashley Cole a five yard head start and beat him to the ball was unbelievable. £1.8m :lmao

I'd say Carr and Ashley deserve more praise for transfers, Pardew just manages what he's given imo. I can actually look forward to games now. Weird feeling.
Have you ever given Alan Pardew credit?

#340 · (Edited)
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Wake me up when November ends :'()

Rant time...

The only one to blame for this loss is Ferguson, period. What the fuck was he thinking!? You play absolutely slow, careless and sloppy football against a young, energetic Villa team and the only reason you got a result was because you took Scholes off and brought Cleverley, Anderson and Chicharito on, with Cleverley and Hernandez making a huge difference. What does Ferguson do against a young, energetic Norwich team? Pick Giggs and Carrick. I mean, that's like playing with 8 men.

Then the substitutions; taking off Valencia and Hernandez? Um, what? Did Ferguson have a dream that Giggs and Scholes were still 27 years of age and could sprint around the pitch? Mind-boggling. Then he takes until 80+ minutes to bring on Anderson. How Young stayed on when he was our worst player is beyond me. What game was Ferguson watching? I will always love Fergie but these past couple of seasons he's made some really incompetent decisions, last season against City being one and this season he can't seem to pick a strong starting XI. His fascination with Carrick this season is also baffling when Carrick has been useless so far. Time to take some of the players out back with a shotgun and integrate Cleverley and Anderson into the midfield more. We need energy, not old age pensions and that infamous ZOMBIE FOOTBALL.

You'd think after how many times we've fucked up by playing slow, lethargic football that Ferguson would finally get a clue. Nope. Zombie football dominates all! It's the new era of football, be afraid!

We really missed Rooney, you could tell. Plus, when you have two out of form wingers in Valencia and Young, you're bound to get fucked in the ass from the very beginning.

The only player that can leave looking like they tried was Rafael. Sure, he and Smalling were to blame for conceding the goal but Rafael was our most consistent defender once again and worked so hard in attack when Valencia and Young didn't know what to do on the ball.

A shit night and it was inevitable. I was very confident we'd get something until I saw Ferguson's pathetic excuse for a team selection. I even laughed when I saw his substitutes... such poor decision making all night.

I'm very concerned for this season, we really need a new central midfielder but we over rely on Michael "the second coming of Xavi & Iniesta" Carrick and the other old age pensioners in Scholes and Grandad Giggs. Not only that but our defence is a laughing stock. No one can comprehend the basics of defending in our team except for Rafael. Also, if you have Manchester City, who have been poor this season also but can get results and haven't lost in the league and also look to be improving now in their performances and you have United who look so average and have lost 3 times already, you know you're fucked. Something needs to be done and it needs to be done quickly. You can try and outscore the opposing team but it will always come back and haunt you if you can't even defend properly.

I hope we do bounce back after ANOTHER crap performance. Unfortunately, no one could bail us out of the shit this time.

Also, credit to Norwich, they deserved the 3 points from the beginning and were terrific throughout. Absolutely solid at the back. Wish I could say the same about us.

#1,351 ·
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Now feat. FACHTS & car window interv

Hey, I'm scouse.

Since when did something being someone else's property stop me from taking it? :suarez1

#2,286 ·
re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Van Persieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry for breaking everyone's computers. Too much JOY~! for you all to handle.

Fantastic result. 6 points is nothing at this stage but it's a bloody nice lead going into the Christmas fixtures along with City not playing well all season.

Result was fair I thought. We should have gone 3-0 up before they even scored. Terrible offside call. Wasn't a hard decision either. Evra penalty shout should have been given but fine. Tevez should have gone at the end. Could argue he could have been given a second yellow for the foul on Rafael but the kick at Jones was stone wall. Tevez hates Rafael so much it's hilarious. Credit to Rafael for being more mature than him and not rising to it when he shoved him after giving a throw away. Lets talk more about Yaya diving too.

Thought we played really well. Maybe best performance of the season even if that isn't high praise. First half we deserved the lead and we defended it well in the second half. Couldn't do much about the goals. De Gea was great and even looked confident coming for crosses. Rafael was great again. Ferdinand and Evans were solid and Smalling was no different when he came on bar when he started playing Basketball and the ref took pity on him or something equally odd and baffling. Evra is horrendous. Position is abysmal but at least he offered a strong threat going forward. Carrick gives the ball away far too much for someone who should be slowing games down by keeping the ball. Loses out on way too many challenges. Replace Evra and Carrick and we could start challenging in Europe. Cleverly did well. Young was class first half. Give him credit where it's due guys. Second half he didn't offer much but he's good tracking back and covering Evra everytime he gets out of position, something that Nani doesn't offer. Valencia still can't remember how to play football. Such a shame. He looks confused when he's on the ball and just stands there with it or passes it back. I miss GOAT Valencia. Rooney had his best game for ages. Van Persie was honestly shit bar two moments which both produced goals. The shot that hit the post and came out to Young and the free kick. Total ghost for the rest of the game but I can live with that as long as he produces the goods like today.

City fans embarrassed themselves by the looks of it but w/e. They were throwing coins at Rooney earlier in the match too. So many morons at Football matches giving it a bad name which the press latches on too and does its best to ruin the reputation of the game. Shame that will probably overshadow what was an amazing game to an extent.

:rvp

#3,184 · (Edited)
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Van Persieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yay for everyone except maybe Ramsey, he's been rather disappointing this year.

So they've signed contracts that will take them into the peak of there career's when they will leave Arsenal and join Man City on a free :troll
Doesn't matter 'cause Arsenal gets to "win" the 4th place 4-5 years in a row :D after that these guys will be too old for the club anyway. We'll start growing other youngsters.

#3,526 ·
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Where attempted murder happens

Leeds on Setanta Sports over here tonight. Championship was on Foxsports last season so didn't cost me anything, bullshit. Had Setanta on the first day of the season as Leeds were on again. Would cost me like $26 dollars or something ridiculous with the set up fee included and this is really the only game I'd want to watch all month. Atleast I can stream, haven't done so in ages though so if anyone knows a good site let me know. Cheers.

#3,707 ·

Terrible statement to declare the title United's already. We've been as open at the back as Rush's mother and it's only a matter of time before half our team get slight knocks that keep them out for 3 months. Very entertaining season for us thus far though, I'd take 4-3's over 1-0's every day of the week.

Enjoy seeing Liverpool and City both lose on the same day, Scousers being on the end of a couple of 3-1's recently to teams they should perhaps be getting a result from - especially Villa. Unbelieveable Bentekkers from them though. Stoke continually doing well for such an average set of players, besides a couple, shows that hard work will do well.

Hernandez is our modern day Solskjaer. Rooney's injury will hopefully give him a kick up the arse after that Swansea game as despite him doing well up to that game, that was the shittest performance from a United player I can ever remember. Not sure if I'm exaggerating that but nothing else springs to mind.

I don't think De Gea is a liability at all, in fact I can only remember a couple of mistakes from him this season and unless I'm wrong none have led to goals. I may be wrong with that statement though. I'm not talking about shit like "oh he could have saved that" moreso "he should have saved it". Plus, I've always liked a lunatic of a keeper in regards to decisions for some odd reason, I might be the only person who rates Barthez as one of my favourite keepers. It's weird though as I don't think Evra has been that bad this season, Evans has been really good at times, Rafael has been good and yet our defence is one of the worst in the league (I'm sure there's only about 5 or 6 teams who have conceded more) - I think a lot of it comes from needed more protection from midfield. Carrick is very underrated in terms of what he brings to a team however I don't think he's ever going to pair up with anyone we've currently got, aside from maybe Fletcher or Jones, to offer the defence any proper help. Fergie has often said a ball winner isn't needed for the team anymore and in my opinion, and the opinion of our goal's against column being fucking horrific, he's completely wrong.

#3,718 ·

I don't think De Gea is a liability at all, in fact I can only remember a couple of mistakes from him this season and unless I'm wrong none have led to goals. I may be wrong with that statement though. I'm not talking about shit like "oh he could have saved that" moreso "he should have saved it". Plus, I've always liked a lunatic of a keeper in regards to decisions for some odd reason, I might be the only person who rates Barthez as one of my favourite keepers. It's weird though as I don't think Evra has been that bad this season, Evans has been really good at times, Rafael has been good and yet our defence is one of the worst in the league (I'm sure there's only about 5 or 6 teams who have conceded more) - I think a lot of it comes from needed more protection from midfield. Carrick is very underrated in terms of what he brings to a team however I don't think he's ever going to pair up with anyone we've currently got, aside from maybe Fletcher or Jones, to offer the defence any proper help. Fergie has often said a ball winner isn't needed for the team anymore and in my opinion, and the opinion of our goal's against column being fucking horrific, he's completely wrong.
He's made three mistakes that I can remember in the last few games, all the same type of error as well. Parrying the ball back into dangerous areas for strikers to score on the rebound. The first Newcastle goal was definitely preventable, anyway. I'm starting to understand why he's so insistent on making saves with his feet because his handling of powerful shots is very inconsistent.

#3,790 ·

Walters' 2nd goal against Liverpool has to be one of the best of the League season.

#4,335 ·

What a legend. What a fucking legend. How many times has this guy dragged us out of the shit? Honestly, I thought playing him in this game was wrong and I was cursing Benitez. Ramires on the right too. But as the game went on, Ramires started making his trademark runs and Lampard like the legend he is found his way in those positions that made him who he was.

Since coming back, I just look at Lampard completely different. I think our struggles in October and November and lack of leadership just made me realise what this guy brings to this club. The same great player as he was in 2010? No. But he is still so important. Just legendary for this club.

Everton were unlucky today. They should have blown us out of the water before 20mins. They played some really good stuff. Thought we grew into the game midway into the first half and made it even. But yeah. Everton are a top team and they are legit threats for a top four spot. So glad Goodison is out of the way and absolutely delighted we actually won there. First time in like 4 years we've left with 3 points. Infact, we usually leave with nothing.

Cookie Monster - If Ba is going to Chelsea, it's not just because we pay high wages. Manchester United and Manchester City are not after him, so Ba is going to the third best team in the land. Why on earth would he look elsewhere?

#4,344 ·

Cookie Monster - If Ba is going to Chelsea, it's not just because we pay high wages. Manchester United and Manchester City are not after him, so Ba is going to the third best team in the land. Why on earth would he look elsewhere?
Agree.

Just think it's a shame that Cisse was sacrificed for someone not fully committed to the cause. As blatant an out and out striker as you'll ever wish to find having to play right wing :)no:) to appease Ba has done nothing but make the team worse. It was obvious he would leave at some point, he wouldn't have negotiated such a cheap buy out clause if he had no intention of moving on.

He has to pass a medical first Hutz Good luck with that. I would have a chuckle if he's kept out of the team by Torres.

#4,940 ·

Brendan Rodgers must have some sort condition that prevents him from keeping any type of information to himself. He's pretty much just revealed his team and tactics to Fergie for next weeks game. It'll be interesting to see how far journalists could go during one of Brendan's press conferences. I'm sure they could get him to announce his credit card details and the fact that he likes to dress up as a woman on non match days.

#5,623 ·

I think the only reason redcafe isn't as mental as RAWK is the newbie process, you actually have to show you're not a complete moron to get to the main forums.

Of course, RAWK close registration whenever they lose/draw/concede a goal, Suarez dives, or just generally when it becomes clear they won't make top 4.

The majority of football fans online are idiots, to be fair. Combine that with the majority of forum users in general being stupid/out for a reaction/a dick because they know no-one can lay them out, and it's a bad mix.

Bluemoon has seemed pretty funny recently tbf, but all my experience of football forums these days comes from Redcafe's meltdown threads. Don't have the patience to read through them any more.

#5,981 ·

10pts clear. Be 7 later.

How football streams works
- play within 10 yards of the 18 yard box = freeze
- a goal = freeze
- replay of box action/goal = freeze
This lol. Don't know how people cope with streams.

I've missed shit loads of goals whenever i've used them.

#5,978 ·

Fair play to Liverpool for their second half performance. Last five minutes were hard to watch until injury time. I think United deserved it after the first half dominance though.

Also, does Henderson have bingo wings? That jersey doesn't do him any favours.

#6,016 ·

A great performance from United for 60 minutes but we were very nervous at times in midfield and at the back. Although, we did defend resiliently and Vidic/Ferdinand were rock solid at the back. We should have scored a few goals first half but unfortunately, we weren't that clinical in front of goal despite creating a lot of golden opportunities. Van Persie was quiet but was emphatic in the first goal and he did hold the ball well. Welbeck worked very hard and gave us a lot of energy going forward. His only downfall was his finishing but other than that, a great match.

Even though I have no complaints with Welbeck getting Man of the Match, I feel Rafael deserved it slightly more. The guy was in complete beast mode throughout. He made one mistake in reacting slowly when De Gea made the save but Cleverley was initially at fault for Liverpool getting a goal back. Other than that, Rafael had another brilliant defensive performance, he won aerial balls, read the game well and intercepted the Liverpool attack, stuck to Sterling and Suarez for the entire time and made some well-timed tackles. That and his attacking play was great. Definitely our best player along with Van Persie this season.

Evra was good going forward but very careless at the back. As mentioned above, Vidic and Rio were absolute rocks at the back and didn't allow Suarez to create anything for himself. Carrick was sublime once again, Cleverley had another good game despite his little brainfart for the Liverpool goal, Young was hit and miss; gave the ball away by dwelling on the ball a lot but did work hard getting back and making some great through balls in the attack. Valencia did alright when he came on, he didn't really do much in attack but helped defend and kept the ball well, beating 3 Liverpool players at one point and winning a free kick in the Liverpool half.

Kagawa I thought was good, much better first half but after a sloppy 10 minutes in the second half, he looked comfortable and really linked well with the midfield.

Overall, besides the last 30 minutes where we pulled our foot off the gas and didn't add much pressure, we played well. A lot of good performances, a good 3 points and some great defending.

Redknapp can fuck off also. He called De Gea an average goalkeeper just because the way he saved the Gerrard shot. Poor De Gea, the guy is what? 21 years old and still gets criticised to death. Still, it's Redknapp so I am used to his stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.