Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - I gave TNA a chance yesterday and I loved it

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
TNAmarkFromIndia
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

TNAmarkFromIndia should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsTNAmarkFromIndia should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsTNAmarkFromIndia should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: I gave TNA a chance yesterday and I loved it

I had begun to realise how bad WWE was getting in 2008. Actually I hadn't been watching regularly for 4 years before that because I didn't have the network that carried WWE, and in 2008 I finally got it and I was appalled at how lame the show had gotten. In 2010, I shifted my fandom to TNA and haven't looked back since. I think WWE is a bit better now than in 2008, but they've also made Raw a 3 hour show and there's a whole lot of crap you need to got through to get to the parts you really want to see.

Anyway, speaking of TNA, yes you have picked a perfect time to start watching. The wrestlers are a lot more entertaining in their promos, especially guys like Daniels, Kazarian, Magnus, Aries, Roode, Bully etc. And as you pointed out, there's no kiddie shit that makes you cringe and hope that nobody catches you watching. I think that now it's going on the road, it'll get even better from here, because the wrestlers put out a better performance in front of bigger audiences, and audiences who CARE. I remember Bobby Roode wasn't doing too great on the mic when they first made him World Champion. He didn't seem too comfortable I guess. But on that Wembley show in front of a raucous crowd, I guess Roode decided he'll just go out there and have some fun, and I guess that was the turning point for Roode. He became so much better, and his promos became a whole lot more than just "I am the It Factor of professional wrestling" and "I am your World Heavyweight Champion". I loved that whole title reign, and I loved seeing Bobby Roode evolve as a performer. I do believe he is one of the best on the microphones today.
TNAmarkFromIndia is offline   Reply With Quote