Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Imported goblin explodes, kills six

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Yamada_Taro
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Yamada_Taro 101 - 250Yamada_Taro 101 - 250Yamada_Taro 101 - 250
Default Re: Imported goblin explodes, kills six

Zimbabweans Enslaved By Superstition

Quote:
Catholic priest Oskar Wermter argues that superstitions and witchcraft are a form of "escapism" for people who cannot explain their circumstances.

"It is a matter of looking for a scapegoat and blaming other people for one's failures," the clergyman said.

There are several such cases where people fall back on superstition.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201301270234.html

By the way, I think that they beheaded the baby as a goblin or sacrificed it to him.

Quote:
Social anthropologist Watch Ruparanganda of the University of Zimbabwe said belief in witchcraft is deeply rooted in Zimbabwean culture.

In Zimbabwe's mystic realm, a goblin may exact revenge on its owner if it had made him rich and then he wanted to discard it without fulfilling his part of the bargain by honouring its demands for sacrificial offerings including human blood, he said.
http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Zimb...305/story.html

When I was in university for my master degree, I was utterly shocked to discover that some of my african fellow students actually believed that having non-consensual sex with minor virgins (before puberty) can cure fom AIDS and protect you against it.

One girl also seriously explained me that she would never fail any exams, because her mom was a grioo/sorcerer and would curse all the other students in order to make them fail ...

I could also speak about many other students from various origins who believed in crazy things too. But yeah I admit that the african and the american ones were the strangest.

Last edited by Yamada_Taro : 02-01-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Yamada_Taro is offline   Reply With Quote