Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - R&B Music Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #477 (permalink)
Callisto
Convicted avatar thief

Callisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselves
Default re: R&B Thread

I'm all for experimenting musically so long as the finishing product is good. If done right, it can add more depth and versatility into their discograhy. In most cases, though, many artists are abandoning their "home" genre and crossing over into other genres, because that's where the money is at. Rihanna and Chris Brown in particular have always followed the latest trends. I've never been a fan of Rihanna as an artist because of how manufactured and processed she is.

I have to disagree with you on Beyonce. She has stayed pretty loyal to contemporary R&B ever since her Destiny's Child days. Her latest album contains some of her best work to date (Love on Top, Party, and Run the World (Girls) are some of my favorites). I can't wait for her forthcoming album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Agrred, though he had some great singles on My Way and 8701. Confessions too, though I didn't enjoy those as much as the previous two albums.

But U Don't Have to Call was heat! Love that song. U Got it Bad, My Way, Nice and Slow(heat!), Burn, even Can U Get Wit It way back when he first came out.

He was never one of my favorites, but I had rspect for him and recognized what he could do. His shit is trash now. That europop shit is so corny that all these cats be on. Makes me want to punch them in the face just for breathing, straight up.
Oh definitely. His older works triumphs his new material in every way. It's a toss-up between Raymond v. Raymond and Looking 4 Myself, though I'm leaning toward the latter because the singles were better in Raymond.

As far as the last sentence, I wouldn't say that. LOL, I can appreciate some electropop, dubstep, and the like so long as it's not generic. I'll never understand how producers like Dr. Luke and Sandy Vee have become so popular.