Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - R&B Music Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #476 (permalink)
TempestH
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

TempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more serious
Default re: R&B Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJerichoFan View Post
I don't necessarily think that the R&B genre is "dying", per se, but I believe it's decline is a product of two things:

1.) There is a demand for crossover appeal. Instead of sticking to one genre, you now have a multitude of artists trying to experiment and clash together characteristics of certain genres into one. Contemporary R&B has started to embrace elements of the ever-so-popular electronic genre, which has been "the" genre for the past few years now. Which brings me to my next point.

2.) It is in a transition. R&B has enjoyed decades of mainstream success up until recently, and I believe that it's just a natural cycle. What's hot now will not be hot in 20 years.

I never found Usher to be that great of a musician to begin with. He's a fabulous performer, but his discography is a mixed bag. I definitely prefer listening to his singles rather than a whole album.

It kind of irritates me how the likes of Usher, Beyonce, Rihanna, Chris Brown, and Ne-Yo, have all transitioned into making those techno-pop club songs.
TempestH is offline   Reply With Quote