Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - R&B Music Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #474 (permalink)
Clique
HAUNTING YOU

Clique whored out on repClique whored out on repClique whored out on repClique whored out on repClique whored out on repClique whored out on repClique whored out on repClique whored out on repClique whored out on repClique whored out on repClique whored out on rep
Default re: R&B Thread

Excellent points TehJerichoFan! Many of these artists are basically just doing what's hot right now for the coins. I understand they are handling their business in doing that, it's just a shame as a fan who looks for something more artistically. Soul and R&B music in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s evolved creatively and culturally as the stars continued to build legacies and new artists emerged but I feel there was an undeniable quality to song-writing, using instruments, and vocals. Today in a lot of the music scene I feel the beats and electronic tricks in many of these songs are taking the place of emotion & soul that use to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Isn't Kelly's latest album supposed to be good? The one with a "When a Woman Loves" and etc.?
I like about three songs off that album so that would be a no for me. It's almost like an homage to 70s soul album which isn't a bad thing but for whatever reason I wasn't fully into the groove of it. Really dig the song "Green Light" (I posted it in here like a month or two ago) because it totally songs like an Isley Brothers hit down to Ron's signature "oohs".