Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - R&B Music Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #474 (permalink)
Clique
✯✯✯ FLAWLESS

Clique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESS
Default re: R&B Thread

Excellent points TehJerichoFan! Many of these artists are basically just doing what's hot right now for the coins. I understand they are handling their business in doing that, it's just a shame as a fan who looks for something more artistically. Soul and R&B music in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s evolved creatively and culturally as the stars continued to build legacies and new artists emerged but I feel there was an undeniable quality to song-writing, using instruments, and vocals. Today in a lot of the music scene I feel the beats and electronic tricks in many of these songs are taking the place of emotion & soul that use to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Isn't Kelly's latest album supposed to be good? The one with a "When a Woman Loves" and etc.?
I like about three songs off that album so that would be a no for me. It's almost like an homage to 70s soul album which isn't a bad thing but for whatever reason I wasn't fully into the groove of it. Really dig the song "Green Light" (I posted it in here like a month or two ago) because it totally songs like an Isley Brothers hit down to Ron's signature "oohs".