Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - How come we never saw Hogan vs Bret Hart?

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
JigsawKrueger
Working on my abs

JigsawKrueger needs to make some friendsJigsawKrueger needs to make some friendsJigsawKrueger needs to make some friendsJigsawKrueger needs to make some friendsJigsawKrueger needs to make some friendsJigsawKrueger needs to make some friendsJigsawKrueger needs to make some friendsJigsawKrueger needs to make some friendsJigsawKrueger needs to make some friends
Default Re: How come we never saw Hogan vs Bret Hart?

I think Vince would have liked to have booked Bret Hart vs. Hulk Hogan @ SummerSlam 1993, with or without the title at stake. However, they couldn't have Hogan go over 'The Hitman' because Bret was the workhorse who worked 200 matches per year; Hogan had been cutting back his schedule since 1990. Not to mention the Bollea/McMahon relationship was heading for rocky times, for instance, in 4 months Vince would be indicted and Hogan would be naturally called to the trial.

It was obvious Hogan would not lose clean to Bret. The only person he had cleanly put over in a decade was Warrior. Even then he stood side by side with him to end that show, and Hogan knew - the business man he is - that Warrior wouldn't last, not mention he needed a replacement while he filmed Suburban Commando. Hogan had nothing to gain from putting over a guy who was 5'11 and a midcarder for 6 years. Hence, Lawler/Hart was the backup.

Also, I agree that Vince did not see Hart as his company carrier. It was damage control during the steroid crisis of 1991-1992, in addition to Sid Justice, Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior leaving the company. Once Hogan decided to leave, his last dates being a previously advertised European tour, he turned former CFL player and bodybuilder Lex Luger into babyface.
JigsawKrueger is offline   Reply With Quote