Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#7,593 ·
Re: Heat > Undertaker

Wizards are ending the streak. I'm calling it now.

Edit: Never mind. Spurs will do it first.

#7,596 ·

I'm :lmao @ people defending Rose not coming back because he is not "mentally" ready.

Where I come from, that's called being a pussy.

If he still has legit medical reasons to not play, that I would understand. Apparently, that's not the case though. He acts like game 1 back on the court he wants to be playing MVP caliber ball again. He should at least be coming off the bench for 10-12 mins to get himself back into game shape. Stop with he might re-injure himself bullshit too. That is fiction. If he hurts himself again, it would be a brand new injury.

Someone should tell him to either nut up or shut up. He wouldn't be getting ripped so bad for not playing if he wasn't coming out and saying stupid shit like only god knows when he will play again.

#7,597 ·

Maybe he just wants to wait till next season, he prob knows they have no shot of winning a title this year with juggernauts like Miami, San Antonio and OKC. Never understood why he and everyone else predicted 2nd half of the season when he was coming off a serious major even career threatening injury. Should have just said from the beginning he is out for the year.

#7,598 ·

Maybe he just wants to wait till next season, he prob knows they have no shot of winning a title this year with juggernauts like Miami, San Antonio and OKC.
Try telling that to his teammates who are out there leaving their blood and sweat on the court. That is a bullshit excuse if I've ever heard one. It doesn't matter if they "have no chance" or not. If he can go, he should be out there trying, because the rest of the team goddamned sure is.

Never understood why he and everyone else predicted 2nd half of the season when he was coming off a serious major even career threatening injury. Should have just said from the beginning he is out for the year.
That would have been a better route if he is not going to play. Keep that shit in house. Have a private meeting and tell the rest of the team that he is going to sit for the season. Make it a complete non-story. It saves Rose's reputation because it takes the decision out of his hands. And it saves his teammates from having to be asked about it too.

#7,611 · (Edited)
Rose should've said he was out for the season at the beginning.

But since he didn't, people assumed he would be back by this time. Add that with people who wrongfully believe that medically cleared means 100% ready. Then you add the media influence and how they over-exaggerate almost everything just to get a story and you get a bunch of people calling Rose a pussy and a bitch because he didn't come back when they felt he should've. And the majority of those calling him that have never had a torn ACL or an injury of that magnitude.

But yeah let's vilify an athlete for choosing to be extremely cautious about returning from a potentially career altering injury.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#7,612 ·

Lets put it this way. The people that make Facebook status's every bulls game saying, "BULLS GON' WIN DIS GAME, LETS GO BULLZZZ!!!" annoying the fuck out of me and are the dumbest fans I've ever seen. These are the ones that expect Rose to be back every god damn game. While I'm sitting here facepalming and I've said since the beginning of the year, Rose will be out the whole year, UNLESS the Bulls are about to be knocked out of the 8 seed, then there's a potential he might come back.

#7,619 ·

This is kind of old news but what's going on with Royce White? Is his anxiety disorder really that bad or is something else going on?

#7,623 · (Edited)

Didn't he quit and end his season?

EDIT: I see,

HOUSTON -- Royce White is back with the Houston Rockets' developmental league affiliate, five days after he left the team.

White
White announced on Twitter that he had returned to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers and that a "miscommunication" with the Rockets had been cleared up. He said last week that he had left the team and returned to Houston on the advice of a team doctor.

The Rockets had no comment on White's departure last week or his return.

White has played in 12 games for the Vipers, averaging 9.6 points and 5.6 rebounds. He was a first-round pick (16th overall) last summer and has yet to play for the Rockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.