Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#7,538 ·
Re: Heat > Undertaker

Sorry I'm literally unimpressed by something that's not impressive in my mind. People are acting like this is what the Clippers did to the Grizzlies last year in the playoffs and yet it's not even close. That was IMPRESSIVE in my mind because of the situation, the caliber of team, and the way they did it. Heat basically shut down a bunch of non-scorers and then proceeded to score a bunch of points on a bad defensive team. OMG AMAZING I CANT BELIEVE THEY WENT ON A HUGE RUN AGAINST A DLEAGUE CALIBER TEAM. HOLY BONKERS.

#7,540 ·

Sorry I'm literally unimpressed by something that's not impressive in my mind. People are acting like this is what the Clippers did to the Grizzlies last year in the playoffs and yet it's not even close. That was IMPRESSIVE in my mind because of the situation, the caliber of team, and the way they did it. Heat basically shut down a bunch of non-scorers and then proceeded to score a bunch of points on a bad defensive team. OMG AMAZING I CANT BELIEVE THEY WENT ON A HUGE RUN AGAINST A DLEAGUE CALIBER TEAM. HOLY BONKERS.
I understand that Miami probably shouldn't have been down by that much in the first place, but they were fresh off an emotional win in Boston, pressure is mounting to keep the streak alive, and they were likely playing down to Cleveland's expected level and were caught off guard. They could have easily rolled over, pulled the plug on the game and the streak when they were down 27 with 6 to go in the 3rd, but instead they flipped the switch like few teams can and won the game.

Dallas comebacks against OKC and against Miami in 2011 playoffs were more mpressive imo. :side:

#7,552 ·

I need to dream, man. With games like the Kings and Blazers, Chicago gives me a tough time to remain hopeful.

Of course, I don't see Rose coming back to face the Heat.

#7,553 ·

What hurts the most is the effort all our guys have put in. Noah, Deng, even fucking Boozer have all left their blood and guts in the United Center this season. Hurt or not, they have battled like gladiators.

If that can't inspire Rose and get him in he right mental state, then nothing will.

#7,554 ·

Even guys like Nate Robinson, Jimmy Butler, and others have tried to step up and help. It's a shame the team has tried so hard to get their part done only to get little in return.

#7,558 ·

We can still look forward to the 2015 Bulls. Rose, Kobe, Deng, LeBron, and Noah lineup with Phil Jackson and Thibs as Co-head coaches. :mark:

#7,560 ·

Eh, I'm not ready to write-off (IRS! :mark:) Derek Rose just yet. Even if he doesn't come back this season, I can't just forget how good he was when he was healthy. He certainly made the Bulls a helluva lot more fun to watch.

Although admittedly, being cleared physically & then still not coming back has me kind of scratching my head. With Rose, I gotta believe the Bulls are the second best team in the East & I'm not positive if the Heat could beat them four times, honestly. So, I don't know. I guess the faith isn't there or something but I would expect them to be title contenders with Rose.

#7,566 ·

I would say "LOLakers" but I'm fearful the Dubs will lay down to the Wizards, too. Would sound about right. Hope the Wizards left it all at the Staples Center, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.