Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#7,465 ·
He's been medically cleared for 2 weeks now. Bulls are struggling without him, he needs to step up and be the leader that he should be and help his team out. By far the,bulls best player.

Look at Adrian Peterson? Coming back before his due date and almost led his team to the playoffs. If you look at basketball players who have tore their acl they come back within 300 days. Rose is definitely past that. No more excuses and get his ass out there and help your struggling team.

#7,466 · (Edited)
Re: Heat > Undertaker

Ricky Rubio was medically cleared to return from his torn ACL back in December. Guess what happens? He plays a couple games and then gets injured again. Iman Shumpert returns in late January from his torn ACL, he's looked terrible on the floor this season and he isn't healthy. Medically cleared doesn't mean 100%.

And he's not Adrian Peterson. A.P. is a very rare case.

can you tell me when the last time this happened? if not then you have your answer. this is not the norm and he's a bitch. 100%. stop defending him with bullshit. he's claiming not to be mentally ready that is literally the definition of being a bitch. tell me how it's not? the doctors and everyone else has said that he's more than 100% capable of playing and the only reason he's not returning is because he's a bitch. regardless of how long he holds out he isn't coming back and dropping his normal averages right away, that doesn't happen, it will take awhile. delaying that is just making him look worse and worse. you're honestly far worse than a homer at this point as even homers know he's being a bitch about this.
When's the last time an NBA player tore his ACL that won an MVP in recent years, that's a franchise player and expected to carry his team for the next 5-10 years remained cautious and hesitant about returning until he feels he's ready to return, play at a high level and not worry about re-injuring himself? I don't really know.

I find nothing wrong with Rose not wanting to return until he's ready. I find it pathetic that people are pressuring a guy to return from a major, potentially career-altering knee injury when he's not mentally ready.

And how is someone a bitch because they aren't mentally recovered from their injury? That makes no sense. A huge number of people, including you, were saying when Rose first got hurt that he'll never be the same player, now he's become obsessed with returning as the same player. Your hero Magic Johnson got on TV and said he felt the exact same way Rose felt when he had a big injury back in his playing days. So is he a bitch too?

People calling Derrick a bitch and a pussy are the most pathetic. And it's funny because the majority of you have never torn your ACL's or had a significant knee injury along those lines but you wanna talk shit. And let's not act like Derrick is a soft guy who's scared to come back from injury, because him having nagging injuries last year and playing through them is what lead to his torn ACL.

#7,471 ·

Notorious you have continued to refuse to name literally any player EVER that has done what Rose has done. you have a nothing argument that concludes you're just a hopeless homer defending a player for being a bitch. I've asked you to name any player in any sport that has done this and you can't even do that.

Kobe has played with nagging injuries throughout his career. It has never lead to him having an ACL tear. Why? Because those injuries, much like Rose's injury, HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUCKING ACL TEAR. My god, stop being hopeless.

Name some NBA players?

Al Harrington
Al Jefferson
Baron Davis
David West
Jason Smith
Jamal Crawford
Corey Brewer
Perkins
Lowry

All these players came and played rather well after coming back. Not right away as that's not really possible nor will it be for Rose regardless of how long he sits out, but the fact remains players come back and get back to the level they played before their injury. So for the love of god stop making excuses for the bitch as evidenced by the history of sports, no player has been a bitch like this before.

#7,472 ·

Notorious you have continued to refuse to name literally any player EVER that has done what Rose has done. you have a nothing argument that concludes you're just a hopeless homer defending a player for being a bitch. I've asked you to name any player in any sport that has done this and you can't even do that.
And you've yet to name me an NBA player that played at a high level the season after a serious injury like a torn ACL that kept them sideline for 7+ months.

Kobe has played with nagging injuries throughout his career. It has never lead to him having an ACL tear. Why? Because those injuries, much like Rose's injury, HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUCKING ACL TEAR. My god, stop being hopeless.
You say Rose isn't a leader because he's missing games with his ACL injury but you praise Kobe for playing through nagging injuries. I just pointed out that Rose played through nagging injuries last season throughout the whole year and his season ended with the torn ACL he's out with now. They don't have to have a direct correlation, but let's not have this revisionist history and act like Rose hasn't put his team on his back while playing injured before.

Name some NBA players?

Al Harrington
Al Jefferson
Baron Davis
David West
Jason Smith
Jamal Crawford
Corey Brewer
Perkins
Lowry

All these players came and played rather well after coming back. Not right away as that's not really possible nor will it be for Rose regardless of how long he sits out, but the fact remains players come back and get back to the level they played before their injury. So for the love of god stop making excuses for the bitch as evidenced by the history of sports, no player has been a bitch like this before.
I never said Rose will never play at a high level after his injury. I said name me an NBA player that played at a high level, the season after their torn ACL and you've pretty much confirmed that you can't name a player that has done that. While Rose's main issue has been that he doesn't want to return until HE, not you, HE feels like he can produce at the level he's accustomed to.

#7,474 · (Edited)

Well gee, maybe because it's pretty hard to look up what players didn't return from an injury till they felt they were ready to return? Maybe it's because something like that isn't really a big deal but moronic people like you are making it a big deal? How do you know stuff like this never happened? Just like medical science now isn't what it was 20 years ago, social media and the internet now isn't what it was 20 years ago. Rose's every move is pretty much tracked. You have no idea what players were doing before all this stuff exploded.

Baron Davis was a freshman in college when he torn his ACL you moron. He played another year in college after that and in his rookie year in the NBA, he averaged 6 points a game on 42% shooting. Baron Davis didn't become an NBA star till about four or five years after his injury. Great example of playing at a high level the season after returning from a torn ACL. Once again speaking on shit you know nothing about.

So in the end, I have no answer for your criteria, just like you have no answer for mine. Case closed.

#7,476 ·

Well gee, maybe because it's pretty hard to look up what players didn't return from an injury till they felt they were ready to return? Maybe it's because something like that isn't really a big deal but moronic people like you are making it a big deal? How do you know stuff like this never happened? Just like medical science now isn't what it was 20 years ago, social media and the internet now isn't what it was 20 years ago. Rose's every move is pretty much tracked. You have no idea what players were doing before all this stuff exploded.

Baron Davis was a freshman in college when he torn his ACL you moron. He played another year in college after that and in his rookie year in the NBA, he averaged 6 points a game on 42% shooting. Baron Davis didn't become an NBA star till about four or five years after his injury. Great example of playing at a high level the season after returning from a torn ACL. Once again speaking on shit you know nothing about.

So in the end, I have no answer for your criteria, just like you have no answer for mine. Case closed.
So what you're saying is no one in recent history has ever done this before? I can name countless athletes that returned early from injuries and played at a high level, hell I did that, but you can't even name one from any sport/position/etc like I said that has done what Rose is doing? Good to know, because it doesn't happen because most athletes aren't bitches. And lol @ you not saying this isn't a big deal, go ask some real Bull fans if this is a big deal or not and I'd love you to hear their answer.

Thanks for proving you're illiterate. please read what I said about Baron Davis again, well not again as you clearly didn't read it the first time.

No. Once again, you had extremely specific criteria while I had a broad range of criteria. It isn't the same and stop acting like it is. Once again you asked for a specific time period, specific sport, specific level of play, specific level of play beforehand, AND A SPECIFIC INJURY. I just asked for any player that has done what Rose is doing and I guess it has the same specific time period due to social media but you still can't name any player that has done what Rose is doing. YOU'RE WRONG. Case closed.

#7,477 · (Edited)

Yes you named countless NFL players that did it. But surprise, surprise. Derrick Rose doesn't play in the NFL.

I never asked for a specific time period nor did I really care for a specific injury. All I asked is for you to name me an NBA player that suffered a significant injury like Rose and played at a high level the season after his injury. You even admitted that there were none who did it after torn ACL's and since you didn't name anyone else for any other injury, I'm assuming you can't think of others there as well.

Actually no, I'm not illiterate. I'm aware of what you said about Baron Davis. It's still stupid. You bringing up Baron Davis for what I said is like me bringing up Adrian Peterson for what you said. It doesn't even make sense to do it. I asked for an NBA player playing at a high level the season after a major injury. You named Baron Davis who got hurt his freshman year in college and didn't become a star in the NBA until 4-5 years later. I might as well have brought up Adrian Peterson as a guy who sat out longer than expected for his injury.

It really isn't as big of a deal as Bulls fans and people like you are making out to be. Yes I understand them looking at Rose as the leader of the team, wanting him to return to finish the season off. But just me personally, I would prefer my superstar on my favorite team to return when he's ready to play instead of rushing himself back when HE doesn't feel he's ready just to please people. And I doubt it's his brand pushing him to do what he's doing because Rose's brand is taking more of a hit by sitting out than he would by playing hurt.

#7,479 ·

wait, it's just major injuries? Oh okay.

Blake Griffin. Amare Stoudemire. Andrew Bynum. Dwight Howard(it's not his best season, but he's still playing at a high level). Kevin Garnett. MICHAEL JORDAN. I'm sure there's PLENTY more that have had major injuries and come back and played at a high level. Are you happy now?

#7,481 · (Edited)

wait, it's just major injuries? Oh okay.

Blake Griffin. Amare Stoudemire. Andrew Bynum. Dwight Howard(it's not his best season, but he's still playing at a high level). Kevin Garnett. MICHAEL JORDAN. I'm sure there's PLENTY more that have had major injuries and come back and played at a high level. Are you happy now?
Great.

Now here's something to think about. Rose has missed over 9 months to recover from his injury.

- Blake Griffin - Out for a year.
- Amar'e Stoudemire - He got injured in October before the season started, came back in late March, played in a couple games but still wasn't healthy so the team shut him down for the year and brought him back for next season.
- Andrew Bynum - Injured his knee in April, still finished out the playoffs, but didn't recover until December. 8 months out.
- Dwight could still be considered playing at a high level, but he's still obviously not healthy and not recovered. But funny thing about Dwight is that he came back early from a serious injury but still gets shat on by people for inconsistent play.
- Kevin Garnett. Injured in February, returned for the next season but was still playing hurt. Was his worst season as a Celtic.
- Michael Jordan. No explanation needed.

Also notice another pattern, every guy you named except MJ was a big man.

Now of course I'm aware that every injury is different and I'm sure you're wondering what my point was but my point is, is that Rose has spent the amount of time recovering as the majority of guys you named who all still returned playing at a high level. If I was Bulls fan, I would prefer Rose taking however much time as he needs if it means he'll return to form.

#7,483 ·

I'd prefer my star to come back when he's ready and playing at a level he's comfortable and accustomed to than to return early just to please a bunch of fans when he feels he's not ready.

Not really return early since he's been medically cleared, but return earlier than he wants to.

#7,484 ·

You're speaking like the owner/gm/coach here right? Pretty sure nearly every one of them wants him to come back too. It's no coincidence these reports of him being ready to go for awhile have being coming out as soon as he said he wasn't ready to come back when he was. The fans want him back, the coach obviously wants him back, and so do the owner/GM. Everyone knows he's clear to play and there is no risk of reinjury, so what he's doing now is being a bitch by not coming back as saying he's not comfortable to play when he's more than ready to play is just being a bitch no matter how you spin it.

it's essentially like a sick kid that's been told by the doctors that he's no longer sick but he keeps telling his mom that he's sick and doesn't want to go to school. The kid is perfectly fine, the kid is just being a bitch. :kobe8

#7,486 ·

You're speaking like the owner/gm/coach here right? Pretty sure nearly every one of them wants him to come back too. It's no coincidence these reports of him being ready to go for awhile have being coming out as soon as he said he wasn't ready to come back when he was. The fans want him back, the coach obviously wants him back, and so do the owner/GM. Everyone knows he's clear to play and there is no risk of reinjury, so what he's doing now is being a bitch by not coming back as saying he's not comfortable to play when he's more than ready to play is just being a bitch no matter how you spin it.
Just because you get cleared doesn't mean there isn't a risk of getting another injury to your knee. Ricky Rubio got cleared and returned and the same happened to him. And his style of play isn't as explosive as Rose's is. Not giving that as an excuse for Rose not to return, but there's definitely still risks despite being cleared.

Of course the Bulls front office wants him back. He's their money maker. They don't give a shit about Rose's well being. All they care about is money.

Tom Brady is a prime example of a player returning from a ACL and/or MCL tear...
We've already established that NFL players come back from torn ACL's playing at a high level. But to be fair, Brady also got a year to recover. Before Rose even got medically cleared he was being pressured to return.

#7,487 ·

Pretty sure there being no risk of reinjury is apart of being medically cleared. I'm about 90% sure on that one. The only way he gets reinjured is if it's a completely new tear.

They don't care about his well being? Pretty sure they do seeing as they want him to be healthy as long as possible so they can continue profiting from him.

#7,488 ·

All they care about is profit and the money Rose makes. I'm sure if they could they would've had Rose return months ago. In January when he started practicing with the team probably.

Idk, it's just my way of thinking. I don't trust the majority of the owners of the teams tbh.

#7,493 ·

Celtics put up a good fight against the Heat two nights ago, and now the Cavs are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.