Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Is WrestleMania this obvious?

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #67 (permalink)
arnoldlee895
Learning to break kayfabe

arnoldlee895 50 - 100
Default Re: Wrestlemania 29 Slogan: "Let's Return the Favor."

Quote:
Originally Posted by promoter2003 View Post
I understand the Cena situation to be honest as the company wants an all-time great passing the torch(literally and physically with the wwe title on the line) to him.
WM 3 was that actual moment and the rematch was done on NBC. Andre was actually protected as he couldn't really be an active defending champion anyways with his condition.

Hogan/Warrior 2 was actually the original plan, so that almost happened. The company felt turning Slaughter would generate more interest for some reason than Warrior(I know he wasn't drawing as expected, but he was still more over than Slaughter just look at his entrance at RR 91).

I don't get why HHH/Lesnar II has to happen at Mania though. It should just happen at EC just as Hogan/Rock II happened before Mania 19. It's a waste of Lesnar and I don't think its the best use of either guy to help draw for the event. It's not like SummerSlam drew monstrous like WM did thus being a can't miss blockbuster sequel.
The torch has been passed to Cena in 2005 when he beat JBL. So after 8 years, he still needs to get the torch? LOL.
I guess by that logic when Hulk Hogan returns, I guess CM Punk or Cena needs to pass the torch to Hogan.