Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 1/28 Raw Discussion: Fallout from the Rumble

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #4785 (permalink)
The Main Headliner
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

The Main Headliner needs to make some friendsThe Main Headliner needs to make some friendsThe Main Headliner needs to make some friendsThe Main Headliner needs to make some friendsThe Main Headliner needs to make some friendsThe Main Headliner needs to make some friendsThe Main Headliner needs to make some friendsThe Main Headliner needs to make some friendsThe Main Headliner needs to make some friendsThe Main Headliner needs to make some friends
Default Re: 1/28 Raw Discussion: Fallout from the Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hardy Hater View Post

Rock has lost a step for sure, on the mic.
Wow. While the IWC hate of the Rock is utterly ridiculous and hypocritcal. And while I'd gladly take Present Rock over 95 percent of the current Roster on the mic, i must say:

WOW. That wasn't even the rock in his prime and that was friggin sick and i'll admit, on another level; flow of comments, jokes, insults, etc; crazy that was now almost 9 years ago. Rock was "part time" but he was only a year or two in to making 2-3 month stretches of appearences after 5 straight years, so certainly he was much, MUCH, MUCH sharper. You can definitely see the difference, which isn't a bad thing because no star after coming back for so long will ever be as good as his prime. Jordan couldn't beat Jordan. Austin in 2003-random appearances till 2011 doesn't touch Austin in 97-99. Current Rock isn't 98-2004 Nation/Corporate/People's Champion/Hollywood Rock.

But Legends are legends and watching that reminds me why Rock has no other competition besides Hogan and Austin, why he is where he is and why even past his prime in the ruthless aggression era he was better than most on the roster.
The Main Headliner is offline   Reply With Quote