Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - How come we never saw Hogan vs Bret Hart?

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Elipses Corter
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches

Elipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselves
Default Re: How come we never saw Hogan vs Bret Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by promoter2003 View Post
All true, but I believe Bret Hart. I just think he was lied to plain and simple. I haven't seen Vince Mcmahon deny what Bret has said. The irony in this is that Bret was kind of guilty of the same behavior in 1997 although I understood why he acted the way he acted. He had the same worries that Hogan had in 1993 about his stock.
I understand that because I feel Bret always got a raw deal in WWE. Like I was saying earlier, it seems WWE did everything they could to prevent giving Bret the title and it wasn't until the steroid scandal really took off that he got the belt.

And like you said, Bret was guilty of the same behavior in 1997 but again, that stemmed from him being jerked around. Vince goes back on the original deal he offers Bret, tells him to negotiate with WCW. But when Bret did, Vince said he could live up to the contract. Just so much happened with that situation that makes me question who was really in the wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon_Vs_Icon View Post
Bret claims there were promotional pictures of him and Hulk both holding the title to hype up Summerslam
And that's all that is, are claims, as there is no proof that Bret/Hogan was ever going to happen, especially since Luger popped up into the picture and main evented. My question is how were Bret/Hogan going to main event Summerslam, when neither was the champion and Hogan was a lock to main event Summerslam, all the way until the week after KOTR? The original plan, even before Wrestlemania, was always for Hogan to drop the belt at KOTR and regain it at Summerslam, as that was the main reason he even came back.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote