Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rock convinces me that Austin should Never..Ever.wrestle again.....

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
KeepinItReal
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

KeepinItReal 251 - 500KeepinItReal 251 - 500KeepinItReal 251 - 500KeepinItReal 251 - 500
Default Re: Rock convinces me that Austin should Never..Ever.wrestle again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyLWO View Post
rock was always a mediocre wrestler. his charisma made up for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEELKris View Post
Lol, you obviously don't know anything about wrestling
No, he's absolutely right. Rock and Punk are my all-time favorites, and Rock might be a bit slower today, but that's it. He's just as entertaining, and he tells just as much a story. He was never an amazing in-ring performer, that's just the truth. He was like Randy Orton is today: great at playing his character at every moment of every match, great at selling, great at being 'intense,' but not an amazing performer aside from that. That still makes Rock an all-time great, I'd say top 3 with Hogan/Rock/Austin. Maybe 'mediocre' takes it a bit too far, but I might call him mediocre too. Rock was made famous by his incredible promos, not 5-star matches.

And I thought Rock/Punk was great. Apply standards consistently, and you'll realize that Rock's greatest matches ten yrs ago were as "psychological" as Rock vs. Punk. Lol its precisely because he was never an amazing in-ring performer, but rather a great actor, that he can put on classic Rock matches at the age of 40. Kurt Angle is nothing like he used to be because he was mostly about in-ring ability.
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote