Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Dead Space 3 Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Phenom
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Dead Space 3 Discussion Thread

I'm not excited at all, because I thought Dead Space 2 was a complete stinker.

The original Dead Space was brilliant because you truly felt alone and abandoned on this huge and derelict spaceship, with your only company being mutants who wanted to feast on your entrails. The pacing between the action scenes and the exploratory segments never permitted you to feel comfortable, and the well crafted storyline tied everything together.

In contrast, DS2 felt like a dumb shooter and nothing more. Too much action, not enough storyline, and no scares at all. A very poor followup in my opinion. It was also too short - I beat it in around five hours. And where did that ambience and damning sense of isolation go?

And now DS3 wants to add Co op and some gun toting space marine character to the mix? What, is this Dead Space 3 or a new Gears of War? Dead Space is violent, but in the end, it isn't about the action - it's about being scared and feeling alone in the vast emptiness of space. That's where DS2 went wrong and where DS3 looks to stumble as well.

Quote:
He is the cornerstone of WWE and he is the reason that this business runs.
- JBL commentating on the Undertaker.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome