Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2013 MOTYC Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #297 (permalink)
dk4life
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

dk4life dk4life
Default re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Punk vs. Rock was pretty bad...a 400+ day title run ended with the peoples elbow, and Rock looked pretty bad in this match, and made CM Punk look just as bad, really slow and boring, some limb work, that didn't really matter, a 5 minute pause that served no purpose besides to give "the great one" a rest, and I was surprised he could even stand after how gassed he looked/was...so not even close to being a MOTYC...but onto an actual MOTYC, re-watch from the Dome show.

NJPW - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Kazushi Sakuraba - ****1/4

I loved how the preshow promo really put over how stiff Sakuraba works, well I think that's what was going on, Liger seemed pretty upset(was the promo before the previous match)...but how can you not love Nakamura, he became my fave in a few seconds.

Anyway into the match, starts off with both of them feeling each other out, until Nakamura slaps Sakuraba, and the whole match changes, the mat work was awesome, strikes were cool, I think there was a triangle choke that I didn't like because Nakamura was right next to the rope and didn't go for it, but dat knee!!!! thought Nakamura was legit knocked out, shit I think I could go on about this match for ages.

The whole event was awesome, but only consider the above match a true MOTYC, (main event just didn't pull me in) I think I might be watching alot New Japan this year, TNA haven't given anything this year, and WWE got me excited but failed to deliver with the same old shit at the rumble, didn't even bother with RAW last night because of their booking, watched the hockey instead.