Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - X division could do with a revamp

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #58 (permalink)
rockdig1228
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

rockdig1228 rockdig1228 rockdig1228 rockdig1228 rockdig1228 rockdig1228
Default Re: X division could do with a revamp

As fun as Roddy and Ricochet are to watch in the ring, neither of them should ever be allowed near a mic. While a manager can help mask those deficiencies, it really does limit the amount of places you can go with a character. I'm not sure TNA wants guys who have limited speaking ability either. Don't get me wrong, I think they would do really well and get over solely based on ring work - but could they carry the division with the belt, which would require them to speak more often? I'm not sure.

In addition to King, Ion, York & Spud currently healthy, we can pencil in Sabin and Sorenson when they come back from injury. I think Gargano would be an excellent addition since he can work AND talk. Also, Chuck Taylor would be an interesting addition and he might be the single funniest guy in wrestling right now... his personality would be great on TV if given the opportunity. And although Joey Ryan is teaming with Matt Morgan at the moment, he could slide into an X-Division slot as well.

I think eight guys is probably the ideal number of roster spots, but they still would have a hard time featuring everyone on a regular basis. That is going to be an issue for TNA moving forward - how do you showcase everyone on the roster effectively? Guys like Morgan & Ryan aren't featured every week, so they need to find a balance there.
rockdig1228 is offline   Reply With Quote