Why were the Shield not revealed at Royal Rumble? And other observations.
1. Why were The Shield not revealed last night? Found it very strange because usually when the lights come back on were they not anywhere to be seen and therefore it could not be proven it was then. Have a slight suspicion that CM Punk might still be the WWE Champion by the end of RAW tonight.
2. Am I reading too much into this but why did The Rock continuously use the word "promise" about winning the WWE title. I noticed he overused the word quite a lot and wondered whether there is something in this like The Rock took some extra measures to beat CM Punk.
3. Does anyone else think it was strange that if CM Punk has lost the title that he lost it to a peoples elbow. I just cant imagine Punk been backstage and agreeing to lose the title to such a weak move. It seems strange they would push someone one so hard for so long and the longest champion in 25 years for him to lose to an elbow signature move rather than a finishing move.
4. Did anyone else think it was below the belt and out of place with The Rock saying he was going to beat CM Punk for cancer. I totally get The Rock dedicating the win to his Mum who survived cancer and im very happy for him and his family that she made a full recovery as anyone else would.
But on an entertaining and scripted TV show about two guys having a must see match I found it quite tasteless that such a serious matter like cancer should be used in such a story line. Way out of line and way out of context I knew from that moment who was winning the title.
- Machoman Randy Savage - Bret Hart -Stone Cold Steve Austin -The Undertaker - Shawn Michaels - Chris Jericho - CM Punk - Bret Hart - Jimmy Snuka - Ricky Steamboat - Rowdy Riper - Scott Hall - Edge - Christian - Kurt Angle - Brock Lesnar - Bam Bam Bigelow - Yokozuna - William Regal -
- Paul Heyman - Paul Bearer - Jim Cornette - Vince McMahon - Jim Ross -