Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #2544 (permalink)
T-C
HE'S FAT

T-C is new to the CHATBOX CREWT-C is new to the CHATBOX CREWT-C is new to the CHATBOX CREWT-C is new to the CHATBOX CREWT-C is new to the CHATBOX CREWT-C is new to the CHATBOX CREWT-C is new to the CHATBOX CREWT-C is new to the CHATBOX CREWT-C is new to the CHATBOX CREWT-C is new to the CHATBOX CREWT-C is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
English teams are obsessed with fourth place making the Europa League a distraction when it should be a priority. If the Europa League guaranteed a champions league place you wouldn't see the same results.

Also it does make perfect sense to compare Ronaldo and Gomez because one can outscore the other in the champions league quite comfortably yet can't match him in those seasons in league competition. That tells me that one league is a lot easier to play in than the other. You can talk about easy draws but there is no match in the champions league that compares to the mediocrity present in the bottom half of La Liga.

Gomez and Van Persie would comfortably score 30-35 goals in La Liga. I have no doubt about that whatsoever.
So you're saying that getting into the Champions League doesn't matter to Spanish clubs? Because that's just silly. Anyway United played a strong side in both legs against Athletic last season and got battered like no other team did all season. So the fourth place thing doesn't hold much weight there.

I was talking about the depth issue with the Ronaldo/Gomez comparison. Basically because Ronaldo was the second top scorer in La Liga last season how many did the second top scorer in the Bundesliga get in the champions league to compare?

Gomez was only 4 off that last season and Huntelaar got 29, who never set La Liga alight funnily. Van Persie is on course to possibly get 30 in the league this season, while he got 30 last season so I'm not really getting your point as to how La Liga defences are so bad.