Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Book thread.

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #1123 (permalink)
GothicBohemian
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

GothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a push
Default Re: The Book thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrsLii View Post
Have you tried Jim Butcher's Dresden Files books? Urban fantasy detective stories that are light enough to read several in a row without burning out yet still pull you in.

For something older you may have not read, try Jack Chalker's Rings of the Master series for more old-school SF, or his G.O.D., Inc. books for some detective stories with a SF twist.

I think pretty much everything else worthwhile I've read in the last few months was either part of a huge long series that requires a major time investment or was YA, which I don't know if you have any interest in (although there is some crazy good YA out there these days, if you're willing to wade through a lot of crap to find it).

Ooh, also, Connie Willis' Blackout and All Clear - possibly the best time travel/historical books I read all last year. And I tend to read about 250 new books a year, so that's kind of hardcore. Highly recommended.
Just wanted to let you know I'm loving Connie Willis' writing style; I'm a dialogue fan and she puts it to good use in Blackout. I've already begun recommending her to folks.

I haven't had a chance to take much of a peek at the Dresden books yet unlike you, I struggle to find reading time but what I skimmed looks promising!
GothicBohemian is offline   Reply With Quote