Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #8352 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Elipses Corter
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Did Vince make the right decision regarding CM Punk vs Rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
Yeah Vince really buried Punk with that over 400 day title reign. He had to lose eventually , at least it was to The Great One.
So basically, anybody was deserving to beat Punk?

Bottom line, it's dumb to have him built up so long, 14 months, only to drop it to a part timer, who totally forgot how to sell at the end. It's no way of putting over talent and just kicks Punk to the back of the line, especially after Elimination Chamber.

Now, I'm not putting the blame on Rock because Punk's reign wasn't the best and he damn sure didn't accomplish much or deserve to hold the belt that long. But it seems to me that the only reason Punk was champion for so long was so he could drop it to Rock and eventually lead to Rock/Cena again. I knew Rock was going to win because of common sense. Still doesn't mean it was the right thing to do, especially if it just leads to Cena getting the belt and even more if Cena leaves WM by himself, SMILING like he has for the past 9 years.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome