Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Being The Booker

View Single Post

Old 10-01-2005, 03:53 AM   #905 (permalink)
NatureBoy™
Years I've Been a Fan > Years You've Been Alive

Location: Kansas City - At the Argosy, Playing Blackjack with Harley Race
NatureBoy™ needs to make some friendsNatureBoy™ needs to make some friendsNatureBoy™ needs to make some friendsNatureBoy™ needs to make some friendsNatureBoy™ needs to make some friendsNatureBoy™ needs to make some friendsNatureBoy™ needs to make some friendsNatureBoy™ needs to make some friendsNatureBoy™ needs to make some friendsNatureBoy™ needs to make some friendsNatureBoy™ needs to make some friends
Default Re: Being the booker

Wolf Guy, I have been so busy man. I have many reviews to dish out, so my reviews wont be nearly as long as usual, especially for the two older shows. Once I post Taboo Tuesday tomorrow, and catch up on reviews this weekend, I will be back to normal.

Smackdown: September 8, 2005

Glad to see Jericho back, as I remember just getting into this thread back when JBL put him out. Looking forward to this match.

Bret is back, nice interaction with Benoit.

Brock squashes Kidman, and I wonder what is on his mind.

Very in character Eddie interview, but I don’t think he will win tonight.

Very good segment with Rock, and what an alliance between Lesnar and Goldberg. The future looks bright here.

Nice retain for the tag champs. Don’t remember system success. What an original team, perfectly created.

At first I was gonna come down on you about the Bret/Kurt segment, as I thought it could have been much better coming from you. But you brought it home in the end. It is perfect, and after thinking about it, you are doing it perfectly, as a drawn out scenario will turn out working the best. I loved Bret’s character here.

What is on Austin’s mind…?

Nice win for London, and nice show of sportsmanship from both men.

AFA is the greatest tag team in BTB history. Is it Simmons or Farooq? Both?

WOW!!! Austin retires! I see a WM22 match at least. He is beat up, and I think from here you should just bring him in for special appearances.

YESSSSSSS!! Benoit wins in what was a great TV match. He and Angle will no doubt be a classic for the gold! Benoit as the number one contender on Smackdown ay…COPYCAT!!

Phenomenal Smackdown!

Raw: KANSAS CITY BABY!!! KEMPER ARENA!!! I AM THERE…FRONT ROW!!!
In all seriousness, I have been to every WWE and WCW event in Kemper, including house shows, since the late eighties. And yes, that does include being an eye witness…SECTION 111, ROW C, SEAT 7…to the tragic accident that took the life of Owen Hart. God rest his soul.
BTW we are FINALLY getting a new arena, and I am sure WWE will bring a PPV to it when it opens, as WWE loves to “break in” new arenas!

Anyway, on to Raw!!

Great win for the tag champs against two reputable teams. Great to see Orton exacting revenge immediately, taking out his frustrations on HBK’s young cronies.

Very nice meeting between Edge and Christian. Where was Tomko?

Wow, it is cool that Shaniqua started her historic title reign in KC.

I wonder what Orton has on his mind.

Great RVD segment as always. I cant wait for him and Rey, and already, with four long weeks away, I already can say this is one of the most anticipated matches in my BTB viewing history. I cannot wait. I love the officials having to break the thing up to get him to stop cussing. What a character, and what a storyline you have going. Put the IC belt on RVD for 23 months, with Alfonso blowing the whistle the whole time!!

Nice match between Christian and Eugene, and although a tuff one, a decisive win for the Captain, who no doubt needs to make statements at every opportunity.

Quote:
Mick Foley: Go ahead Ric. Go ahead and start chopping me, get backdropped 20 times in a row, chop me some more, yell "WOO!!!", strut, take a couple more backdrops, pretend to be dead and then poke me in the eye, grab my testicles, and bite my finger, before clamping on the figure four.
^^^The funniest GD thing I may have ever read. I am so happy this thing finally erupted!! How great!! I don’t know what lies immediately ahead. A match at Nemesis…how fitting with the PPV named as such. Also I see something at Survivor Series, Foley and some guys vs Flair, Batista, Christian and Tomko.

DX as funny as ever, I just love HBCade. Shawn is back to the HBK of the late 90’s-full of himself.

RVD GETS FIRST BLOOD!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Rey will get back at him in the coming weeks, and then RVD will take the belt in a classic match. If he doesn’t, I’ll stop reading your thread.

Just kidding of course^^

Very good TV main event; and I like the fact that you wrote out some longer summaries this week. So it is Sting vs HBK. What a match it should be between two legends. I always loved Sting in the 90’s. I wasn’t too much of a Sting fan about a year after his return at Starrcade 1997 when he beat Hogan for the belt. He just became a completely lackluster character IMO. He didn’t seem to have drive or love for wrestling anymore, and his matches were not the heart stoppers they once were-but hell it was WCW-and in 1999/2000 what could you expect?!?! Anyhow, I am glad to see you have rekindled the fire that lies in the real Stinger, and I look forward to this match. One on one…the two men that always stayed loyal to their company no matter what. It is okay now for Sting to be in WWE since WCW is closed, but back in the day HBK would never leave WWE, and Sting would never leave WCW…Loyalty to a great degree. AJ Styles is the Sting/HBK stick-around “franchise” character of TNA IMO.

Sorry for going off topic a bit there.

SD! Review tomorrow, and I will finally be caught the F*CK up!!

Brilliant RAW!!!