Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #287 (permalink)
Evil Peter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Evil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
That statement is completely wrong on so many levels. Comparing a Survivor Series match to headlining WrestleMania against an icon. Please. No, I don't think that would be one of Cena's moments. World Championship was a glorified mid card belt in the WWF at the time. It was a great way to elevate Jericho, but don't get carried away.

It doesn't matter how much he gets out of it short term. Guess what Rock got nothing from beating Hogan too. His popularity dipped.
I don't know what you're talking about but it's apparently not what I've brought up. I was talking about the undisputed championship and that didn't happen at Survivor Series.

And again you seem to choose to focus on the irrelevant part of the point. It's not about that Cena doesn't get much out of it, it's about that WWE these days just don't have as many stars as they used to and it's because of their booking. Cena has already had a moment with The Rock and they've gotten their big payday out of that. The smart thing now would be to try to elevate someone else to stardom.

Your comparison with Rock fighting Hogan just shows that you don't get the point. The Rock wasn't a guy carrying the brand on his own. They had Austin, HHH, Taker, Angle, Jericho etc on that card and they were all active full time (although Austin would of course be changing that).
Evil Peter is offline   Reply With Quote