Wrestling Forum banner

Official Royal Rumble Match Discussion Thread

29K views 380 replies 194 participants last post by  Jendo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

wwe.com said:
PHOENIX — On New Year’s Eve, John Cena made a promise to himself and to the WWE Universe: After a disastrous 2012, the Cenation leader vowed to turn things around and make 2013 his year. Tonight, the 10-time WWE Champion took a big step in that direction, outlasting 29 other Superstars to win the Royal Rumble Match and earn a World Title opportunity against the champion of his choosing at WrestleMania 29 on April 7.

FULL ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH SCORECARD -
http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/2013/royal-rumble-match-26080784

It was only fitting, perhaps, that the road to Cena’s big win began with the very Superstar to whom the Cenation leader made his now-prescient New Year’s toast, as Dolph Ziggler chose to enter the over-the-top-rope challenge at No. 1. But it was the emergence of the No. 2 entrant just 90 seconds later that sent the WWE Universe in Phoenix into a frenzy. When the familiar strands of “Break the Walls Down” blared and the lights went out, Chris Jericho made his shocking return to WWE.

With the crowd still on its feet and the entire mood of the night suddenly and irrevocably altered, the two Superstars circled each other inside the ring, and a rivalry that came to a head at SummerSlam was quickly renewed.

Jericho and Ziggler furiously traded blows until the ring filled up with other entering Superstars. As Ziggler, Jericho, Cody Rhodes and Kofi Kingston battled it out, Santino Marella made his way to the ring and looked for a moment to have eliminated everyone else in the ring. But all of the rumblers landed on the apron, not the floor. Despite striking Kofi with The Cobra, Santino would be the first elimination of the night, tossed over the ropes by Rhodes.

When the ring inevitably filled with competitors, Ziggler and Jericho fought as the match dictated, battling whomever stood in their way. Still, they both seemingly drifted back towards one another, always looking to settle their long-standing score.

Like Shawn Michaels and Rey Mysterio before him, “The Showoff” may have drawn an unlucky number, but with an abundance of talent on his side, Ziggler looked to make the best of a badly dealt hand, despite the fact that he seemingly found himself teetering on the ring apron constantly over the course of the melee.

One of the time-honored traditions that makes the Royal Rumble Match so unique is the guessing game that takes place in living rooms of WWE Universe members all over the world — which past Superstars will make their one-night return to enter the melee?

This year was certainly no different, as a number of beloved Superstars arrived back on the scene.

See less See more
#3 ·
So true. The best part of last year's rumble was Sheamus and Jericho's epic one on one. That had me on edge. But the whole everyone from commentary coming up and Show being number 30...fpalm

This is just really packed. Shield and Ryback possibly being in it as well, and maybe Lesnar, highly unlikely thou.

#187 · (Edited)
The Rumble this year just has a buzz for me. More excited for this Rumble then I have been for one in a while. We got so many established characters going in to the Rumble the crowd can connect with this year as compared to years before that it's crazy. When 3MB will make their entrance and eventually get eliminated in a comedic spot, I'll love it and I'll find it funny just because they have characters now and are actually entertaining on WWE Television. As opposed to just sending out Heath Slater, Mahal and McIntyre with vanilla gimmicks separately. You have Wade Barrett going in this year, Antonio Cesaro whose a rising star, Bryan and Kane are over as fuck, Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes make for a GREAT team dynamic, Prime Time Players are awesome, Kofi Kingston will do some epic shit. And that's only the MIDCARD. Sheamus, Randy Orton, John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, the Shield and possible Mark Henry and Christian returns will cover up for the top stars spots.

We got a JAM PACKED Rumble this year in terms of star power. I'd say the most since probably 2002 or so. Couple that up with what'll be a good Last Man Standing match between Big Show and Del Rio, and an AWESOME built up Punk/Rock match, we may be looking at one of the greatest Royal Rumble cards in history. Doubt it'll surpass 2006, but it can come close.

#374 ·
I don't think Ziggler should have been number one. I think Ryback should have been number 1 or number 2. Then have a low card guy be 1 or 2 with Ryback and have Ryback throw him out with ease and have like 3 more low card guys come in one after another getting tossed until maybe Kane comes in and its him and Ryback in the ring one on one. Ziggler and Cena should have been the last two left in the Rumble and have it look like Ziggler is about to win until he makes a mistake and gets tossed that way it makes Ziggler look good because he almost made his promise true to have a chance to win both world titles at Wrestlemania

#4 ·
Let Cesaro win the Rumble :mark:

#7 ·
Who eliminates Cena?

If Cena isn't winning the damn thing, then doesn't it have to be Dolph or Big E who knocks the rated G super C over the ropes?

Big E Langston eliminating Cena would make him look strong as hell, if he isn't fed to Ryback too soon. And I would simply mark the fuck out if it was Dolph who got the crucial elimination.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#12 ·
I just had a thought, what about C.M. Punk??For this to work though Punk wound need to face Rock first, Rock wins the Championship, then
comes the Rumble. No 30 buzzer hits, and out comes Punk, he goes onto win the Rumble.However only problem is, UNDERTAKER is supposed to be no 30, so what Vince does it he makes Undertaker vs C.M. Punk for Elimition Chamber. Punk wins with help from the returning Brock Lesnar.

Now onto the Chamber match, it's down to Cena and Rock, Cena wins he gets his win over rock, but it comes at a price, the sheild interupt the match, and attack the Rock and Cena, they fight them off, and they retreat, but Rock turns around into an A.A.

Next night on RAW Cena comes down saying he's not winning the Championship that way he wants a rematch with the Rock for the title. They agree but again sheild come out, as does Punk . It's announced the Sheild haven't been working for Punk, but rather Paul Heyman. This brings the following matches for Mania
Triple Threat match for WWE Title
C.M. Punk vs Rock vs John Cena

Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.