Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Movie Discussion Part II (part III coming soon)
View Single Post
post #2522 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Bah! Humblarg_
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Well, I blame the Director for undertaking a project that was doomed from the start. I mean, there were some subtle changes like Norman Bates masterbating while he's peeping through the hole, was that really necessary? This falls more on whoever was in charge of casting, but Gus should've known that Vince Vaughn was a HORRIBLE choice. If you're going to remake something shot for shot, at least make sure that the remake has potential to outdo the original, or at the very least have a purpose for making it outside of a quick cash grab. At least when Michael Haneke remade Funny Games, it had the goal of introducing his movie to a Western audience. The Psycho remake was rendered completely pointless.

When it comes to the Death Trilogy, I wasn't a fan of all 3 films. The steadicam visual and slow burn approach gave the movies a distinctive feel, and the overall message was powerful, but I found the movies dull rather than engaging.

haha Lars Von Tier has made some shit films, and the man himself is a bit of a prick. Breaking the Waves is probably his best film, and I loved Antichrist despite the film getting mixed reviews. Probably not a popular opinion, but Lars is a capable director, and one that's developed a massive following for his 00s work alone.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome