Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #7968 (permalink)
Th3Gr3atOn3
Humbled

Th3Gr3atOn3 101 - 250Th3Gr3atOn3 101 - 250
Default Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFranticJane View Post
Sir, is it THAT wrong to compare Rock to Arquette?
Both Hollywood stars, both using that to attain success they have not earned, both casting a poor shadow on the other talent by their presence in the company.
Yes, The Rock was a great star. But past glories do not give you the right to go over a man like CM Punk, who - despite my personal distaste for the man - has just been getting more and more beat up by defending his belt non-stop on TV and on house shows, things that are beneath the mighty Rock and his army of admirers.
Does Punk deserve to be mocked? To have this feud boiled down to the expression 'cookie puss' just because Rocky wants some cheap laughs?
Rock has done nothing but disrespect both Punk and the entire WWE with his childish remarks and no-selling of the longest reigning champion in 25 years.

He is negative influence on the company at this point. And I say that not from the perspective of a Cena fan, but a WRESTLING fan who doesn't enjoy Hollywood stars burying the guys in the trenches who've been trying to get the company back on track since Rocky went AWOL.

Quote:
Sir, John is like a sculpted Greek God. Rock is sagging and old.
Dude can't help it, he's getting on in years. But it's like comparing Adonis to John Candy.
Because John needs to get the win back, John NEEDS to go over Rock.
Yes, yes, I know Rock's a funny guy. But he's a celebrity, a part timers. No different than David Arquette, Dennis Rodman, Jay Leno or any other celebrity roped into the pro wrestling business. His past history doesn't change the fact that his priority is Hollywood and he should have NEVER gone over John at Wrestlemania.
Quote:
Sir, John needs to get the win back, he needs this definitive moment, this past year has been really shitty for him and I think he deserves this one big standout moment that defines him as the torchbearer of WWE for years to come.
Th3Gr3atOn3 is offline   Reply With Quote