Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - They're Already Ruining Del Rio

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
BreakTheWallsDown2
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

BreakTheWallsDown2 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBreakTheWallsDown2 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBreakTheWallsDown2 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBreakTheWallsDown2 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default They're Already Ruining Del Rio

When he turned face I was pumped because we all knew his heel ran it's course. And after the backstage segment with him giving the keys to Ricardo it was off to a really good start. And then creative decides to inject their usual babyface garbage on him, and make him into another sheamus, ryback cena.

1)He doesn't drive out in cars anymore? The reason, people make the point "Oh that's for rich heels". Wealth doesn't have to be associated with evil, and the cars were cool. It added something different to his entrance. It had an epic feel to it. Now he just comes out like anyone else.

2)They gave him one of those cringeworthy warmup taunts for his finisher. This seems like a new thing WWE likes to down with their babyfaces. Del Rio joins Kofi, Sheamus, HBK, Ryback and probably others I can't remember, with that turnbuckle taunting as their opponent gets up. I don't mind if one person has it, but it seems they like to stick it on every babyface and it gets old quick. I understand they are trying to get the crowd into it but at least think of something new.

3)He has already been teaming with the usual bunch of ME babyfaces such as Sheamus and team hell no. He should have had a tense relationship with the other faces, and slowly overtime gains their trust. All of a sudden he shakes hands with Sheamus and he's in team babyface.

4)He already won the Championship, so his popularity could very well peak. Holding the WWE championship for too long is usually a heel thing because people get tired of it very quickly. However, if Del Rio drops it soon, he will look weak (ie Drops it to Ziggler via MITB). So where do they go from here with this?

5)All of a sudden he becomes this super proud cultural guy? They make him use spanish in almost all his promos. That's well and good but it comes off as pandering. Such as the smackdown where he had everyone count from 1 to 10 in spanish. It's important to know where you come from, but in the WWE apparently they have to show it in every promo and every match. How many times do we hear Sheamus is Irish? How many times are we reminded Cesaro is European? These country gimmicks can work for heels, but not faces.

I really really like Del Rio, and am a huge fan. But I could feel it beginning to go down the wrong path very quickly, and see him turning into another Sheamus in a matter of months. Just being a straight up cornball.

http://i53.tinypic.com/aytw80.gif

Mark for:
Chris Jericho
Sheamus
Wade Barrett
The All American-American Jack Swagger
Dolph Ziggler
BreakTheWallsDown2 is offline   Reply With Quote