Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#6,968 ·
Re: "MONTA ELLIS HAVE IT ALL!"

Now I know the West has been deeper than the East for years now but at least the East has still had some good/intriguing playoff matchups. However this years look to be awful.

If the playoffs started today, these would be the matchups in the East:
Heat vs. Bucks
Knicks vs. Hawks
Pacers vs. Celtics
Nets vs. Bulls

None of those series interest me. None. None of those matchups seem interesting. Heat vs. Bucks is just a massacre waiting to happen, Knicks vs. Hawks is a borefest, Pacers vs. Celtics will be offensive hell, and the Nets & Bulls are both boring as shit.

Meanwhile, in the West
Spurs vs. Lakers
Thunder vs. Rockets
Clippers vs. Warriors
Grizzlies vs. Nuggets

All of those matchups interest me. All of them. Spurs vs. Lakers would make for some great games. The Thunder & Rockets would be an entertaining series with two fast-paced, young and athletic teams. Same with Clippers & Warriors. I find the complete contrast in styles between the Grizzlies & Nuggets intriguing as hell, also the fact that they both have amazing playoff crowds.

I know there's over a month of season play left and that the seeds are subject to change but I don't think there will be any significant change for the most part. The East playoffs will be a DUD fest.

#6,973 ·

Now I know the West has been deeper than the East for years now but at least the East has still had some good/intriguing playoff matchups. However this years look to be awful.

If the playoffs started today, these would be the matchups in the East:
Heat vs. Bucks
Knicks vs. Hawks
Pacers vs. Celtics
Nets vs. Bulls

None of those series interest me. None. None of those matchups seem interesting. Heat vs. Bucks is just a massacre waiting to happen, Knicks vs. Hawks is a borefest, Pacers vs. Celtics will be offensive hell, and the Nets & Bulls are both boring as shit.

Meanwhile, in the West
Spurs vs. Lakers
Thunder vs. Rockets
Clippers vs. Warriors
Grizzlies vs. Nuggets

All of those matchups interest me. All of them. Spurs vs. Lakers would make for some great games. The Thunder & Rockets would be an entertaining series with two fast-paced, young and athletic teams. Same with Clippers & Warriors. I find the complete contrast in styles between the Grizzlies & Nuggets intriguing as hell, also the fact that they both have amazing playoff crowds.

I know there's over a month of season play left and that the seeds are subject to change but I don't think there will be any significant change for the most part. The East playoffs will be a DUD fest.
Eastern is way more likely to change though, there's only likw 2-3 games seperating 5-8 or something

#6,979 ·

Nets vs Bulls will be boring for real. But I think Bulls will get through, so I'll definitely take it. Only thing is it would more or less guarantee a second round exit at the hands of the Heat.

We could actually take out the Knicks as well. Would lose to Pacers. Celtics match up could go either way.

So yeah, BULLS chances:

Heat - lose
Knicks - strong possibility of winning
Pacers - lose
Nets - win
Celtics - either way
Not even acknowledging the other two

#6,986 ·

I'm a Pacers fan and they got GUTTED by the Heat. I thought they could match up well against them and keep it tight but
blink-and-you-missed-it Miami got up by about 15 and never came close to relinquishing that lead.

Heat/Bucks would be one of the biggest post season slaughters ever. The Bucks have ZERO chance.

#6,992 ·
Just read that Nets are only 2 games behind from second place.

I find it hard to believe the Nets will lose to the Bulls if they played in playoffs.

So many minutes Thib has his starters playing.

Teams I'd want to face in playoffs are Pacers, Knicks and Bulls.

Celtics are very hot, and are bigs could hurt them but its the Celtics and there also very popular and would get a lot of fan support in New York

#7,002 ·

Bulls pretty much hung with the Nets with a seriously depleted team. The only win you have managed over Bulls.

Maybe it's me, but I just don't rate the Nets. I think if we have all our guys healthy (not even including Rose) we'll go through. Just think it's agood match up for Bulls.

#6,993 ·

Even his teammates are starting to believe he might be a lost cause...

Across the Sacramento Kings locker room, players are not sure whether DeMarcus Cousins will ever figure out how to control his emotions on a consistent basis.

Cousins was ejected for throwing an elbow on Sunday, and his teammates admit they are unsure how much more advice and guidance the young big man needs.

"You can give a person as much advice as you can," Jason Thompson said. "From us, to coaches, to Hall of Famers, to whatever. But at the end of the day you're in this league because you're a grown man, you've going to do what you want to do."

Isaiah Thomas believes Cousins will get over this obstacle at some point.

"I hope. I don't know what it's going to take. I hope so. He's a helluva player, one of the best big men in the league. He has to be smarter in certain situations so one day so I hope it does click or something but I think it's in his control. It's in nobody's control but himself. And I think it will click, hopefully soon."

#6,998 ·

I think Shabazz is overhyped but I think Cleveland would be better off drafting Nerlens and trading Vaj.

I know Nerlens tore his ACL but he should be back around October-November and he's the best prospect in the draft. Nerlens is still pretty raw offensively, but he's insane athletic and he's a defensive stud. If not Nerlens, then picks Len.

It all depends on how Cleveland views Waiters. I could see them picking Shabazz if they view Waiters as more of a 6th man type like he was at Syracuse. I don't think it would be a good idea for Shabazz to play SF.

Who knows Cleveland could be hoping to pick Cody Zeller so they can team him with his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.