Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #7814 (permalink)
Chismo
TAKIN' A MULLIGAN

Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHAMPION View Post
Add Samuray Del Sol and AR Fox to the debuts for ASW

And the SSB and Steen confirmed they'll be there.

Oh, PWG...

1. Round 1 – LIGHT TUBE HELL: Jimmy Havoc vs. Drake Younger

Excellent deathmatch. One of the best openers of the year. First time watching Jimmy, and he was really good, a promising deathmatch talent. Drake is insanely over in Germany.

2. Round 1 – RUHRPOTT DEATHMATCH: Mike Schwarz vs. Matt Tremont

3. Round 1 – TLC MATCH: DJ Hyde vs. Toby Blunt

Wait… Another good DJ Hyde match (Tangled Web 5 reference)? Well, color me fucking surprised. This was a prolonged squash, basically. DJ annihilated Toby. Poor kid took a BEATING. It was very well done, damn good match.

***1/2

4. Round 1 – FANS BRING THE WEAPONS: MASADA vs. Greg Excellent

**1/2

5. Jay Skillet Trial Series – Match 5: Jay Skillet vs. Karsten Beck

6. GridIron vs. OI4K (Dave Crist & Jake Crist)

7. Robert Dreissker vs. Are$

8. wXw 16 Carat Gold 2013 Qualifier: Alex Colon vs. Jonathan Gresham

At first, this match was nothing special, just a decent back-and-forth action between two smaller wrestlers. But then, they just kept getting better and better. Mainly due to Colon being awesome, but Gresham was really good too, he surprised me a lot. The crowd was hot for them, despite everyone waiting for a deathmatch main event. The finishing stretch was particularly good. Awesome match. Alex Colon is definitely one of the most underrated Indy wrestlers, every time I watch CZW, he’s one of the standouts.

***1/2

9. Finals – NO ROPE LIGHT TUBE BARBED WIRE DEATHMATCH: Drake Younger vs. Matt Tremont vs. DJ Hyde vs. MASADA

Usually, it’s kind of hard to execute 4-Way deathmatches properly, but the guys did a good job here. Sure, there were few sloppy and borderline messy moments, but nothing major or cringeworthy. Good match overall, and the right guy won. The finish was fucking tremendous. And brutal.

***1/4

Awesome show, with a lot of FUN. The Oberhausen crowd ruled, they helped a lot. The wrestlers worked hard, and this definitely wasn’t a throwaway show. The Drake/Havoc opener was great, it was the MOTN, and the DMOTYC. Can’t decide between Hyde/Blunt and Colon/Gresham for the second best match. Overall, thumbs up for this event. Now I need to find more CZW shows from Germany and England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbrian View Post
TV shows are the best entertainment programmes like wrestling. My favourite TV show is RAW and SMACK DOWN. I specially like fight of Rey mysterio and Randy Ortan. It was very amazing fight with lots of stunt.