Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Little things from the old days that you miss?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
redban
Little Poppa Pump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Little things from the old days that you miss?

What little things do you miss?

Little things as in stuff ordinary people might overlook. So don't say, "I miss Stone Cold" or "I miss the Attitude Era."

For me, I miss:

1) The long hair. Today, the majority of wrestlers, almost all of them, have short hair. Or no hair at all. Even the ones who kept the tradition going, like Edge, HHH, and Chris Jericho, have cut it off. The long hair gave wrestlers a distinct look and helped associate the product with rock&roll. I guess the culture changed, and WWE adapted to it. The wrestlers today look like MMA fighters.

2) The cartoon names. Look at the names. Randy Orton. John Cena. Alberto Del Rio. Brock Lesnar. Daniel Bryan. Why are they using real names? Give me King Kong Bundy. Give me Ultimate Warrior. Give me Doink the Clown. Give me Mr. Perfect. Give me the Honky Tonk Man. I want comic book characters, not real people.

3) The old railings (http://www.retroactionfigures.com/images/CIMG0559.JPG). I liked whenever the wrestlers got near it, the fans used to reach over and touch them.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome