Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Daniel Bryan: most overrated wrestler in the IWC
View Single Post
post #88 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 01:19 AM
THANOS
Respect My Pimphand..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Re: Daniel Bryan: most overrated wrestler in the IWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
So his best work is contained in organizations not readily available to the main stream audience, so instead we get saddled with the current shit to try and tell us why he's the best. How convenient.

His WWE run has been so uneventful. Its like saying "so and so is a great actor, but you only have to watch certain movies and ignore these other ones." Well gee, that's a little close minded. However great he was in the Indies, he's been sub par in WWE, and that's where he's getting exposure. Too bad we don't get to see those skills in a Raw ring...
That's actually a good point and completely true. Let me rephrase it for you, "Daniel Day Lewis is probably the best actor in the world right now, but his indy movies are by far his best showings because he's allowed more creativity and is not saddled with a shitty big blockbuster script!" This point is 100% relevant when it comes to Bryan. The man is capable of so much but hasn't shown it yet because he rarely ever gets 20-30 minute matches like the Angle's and Michaels' got weekly. Bryan's moveset has also been trimmed by more than 90% since coming to the wwe which changes his wrestling style up quite a bit as well. Put it this way, I can't really buy Daniel Bryan going up against Lesnar, but I CAN buy Bryan Danielson fighting him and believably out wrestling and tapping him out! He was that intense and wrestled that hard of a style in ROH against wrestlers of ALL shapes and sizes (check out his chain match with Takesha Morishima who's Lesnar size at 6'3 390lbs).

"Return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood."

Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome