Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else have a problem with WWE NOT building the Rumble match?

View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
thaang
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

thaang 50 - 100
Default Why so little hype?

I was just wondering why this year's Royal Rumble hasn't been more hyped?

They barely mention the Royal Rumble on either Raw or Smackdown! We haven't had qualifying matches. This year everyone is eligable to enter. But what about all the rest above 30 superstars? I mean why are some in and others not?

I am just sitting here with a feeling that the Rumble match isn't important to the superstars because they haven't talked more about the Rumble than they have. It is like the Intercontinental Title. Noone is talking about taking the belt. Yet, when someone challenges for the title then it seems illogical.

I want to see qualifying matches. I want to see wrestlers draw their numbers. You don't have to reveal which number they draw, it is enough to see their expressions. I remember the 1989 annual Rumble where Ax and Smash drew their numbers. Ax said: "It looks like I'm in for a long nighht", which Smash replied: "Me too". It turned out they have pulled the number 1 and 2 spots, which meant they would have to face each other.

I do also remember another classic moment. I don't remember the year. But the moment was when Hunter Hearst Helmsley challenged Duke "the Dumbster" Droese for the number 1 and number 30 spots. Hunter Hearst Helmsley cheated for the win, which was later overruled. Hunter Hearst Helmsley then had to enter as the number 1 entry. But this year you have got nothing at all to hype the Rumble match.
thaang is offline   Reply With Quote