Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Biggest Superstar in history of WrestleMania?
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 PM
Rock316AE
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: The Biggest Superstar in history of WrestleMania?

OP already opened a similar thread a few months ago. Anyway, my answer from that thread:

It's between The Rock, Hogan, Undertaker and HBK.

Rock for beating 3 faces of the industry at one time clean at WM in what you can argue were the biggest matches in the history of the industry. Biggest you can ever do in the borders of kayfabe. Along with plenty of classic matches and is second in terms of selling WMs with 7. Rock also broke and hold every record in the history of the PPV.

Hogan for pushing the WM brand to its feet in the first decade, without him, it's NEVER getting as big as it is/was. Along with that, had Top 10 biggest matches in the history of the business almost every time. Andre, Savage, Warrior and Rock, should be on every Top 10 when you talk biggest matches. Add to that that he's holding the record for selling the most WMs with 10 PPVs.

Undertaker obviously because of an unbelievable 20+ years streak on the PPV. To me, it's not about kayfabe record, it's about the fact that he did it for 20 years, almost year after year. What's holding him back a little bit is that he wasn't THE main focus and attraction a lot, and a lot of his matches and opponents weren't "first line" in terms of importance and quality by the time he wrestled them. Still, strong contender.

HBK, stealing the show time after time, main eventing, selling the matches, big attraction for a lot of them. Mr. WrestleMania.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome