Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#6,957 ·
Re: "MONTA ELLIS HAVE IT ALL!"

Magic just said Kobe's been the MVP since all-star break.
Magic is a homer.
Magic also said earlier this season that the Lakers had no chance of making the playoffs. He's not so much of a homer as he is reactionary without long term vision. I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Pringles needs to learn to bench Metta when he keeps chucking. fuck sakes, don't shoot when you're open if you're not a good shooter. there's a reason you're always fucking open.
To be fair, Metta has had good games and been valuable on offense. The problem in this game is when he didn't have his shot early and they let him keep shooting. If the shots aren't falling, find someone whose is. That same thing applies to Kobe and everyone else on the team. There is enough talent on that team that when someone is cold, someone else will be hot. Don't keep chucking it when you're cold on the night.

It was nice seeing the Lakers finally play a more consistent game over 48 minutes. They were able to win after digging holes against bad teams but that shit won't fly against good teams.

#6,935 ·

I'm not denying that Kobe has had great numbers. But he plays for a team tied for 8th place. How the hell can you be MVP on a fringe playoff team?

And despite his great numbers since the All-Star break, he hasn't had a better season than LeBron.

#6,936 · (Edited)

I'm not denying that Kobe has had great numbers. But he plays for a team tied for 8th place. How the hell can you be MVP on a fringe playoff team?

And despite his great numbers since the All-Star break, he hasn't had a better season than LeBron.
Not that I think Kobe will win it, but a player's value to his team is relative. Can you remind me what the Lakers record in '76 was when Kareem won MVP?

McAdoo: '75 Braves (49-33) .597
Malone: '79 Rockets (47-35) .573
Malone: '82 Rockets (46-36) .560
Kareem: '76 Lakers (40-42) .487
Pettit: '56 Hawks (33-39) .458

MVP not always about who's best player in NBA each and year sometimes it's best Most Valuable Player to their teams. I personally think LBJ has way better cast of players around him than Kobe does. Especially talent and coaching wise. Remember Magic said since All-Star BREAK not the entire season.

#6,937 ·

LeBron's 5 best players after him are Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers & Udonis Haslem
Kobe's 5 best players after him are Dwight, Pau, Nash, Metta & Clark.

It's not like there's a vast talent difference.

LeBron has been better than Kobe this entire season. Are we forgetting the fact that he's putting up great numbers while leading his team on a 17 game winning streak right now?

#6,938 · (Edited)

LeBron's 5 best players after him are Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers & Udonis Haslem
Kobe's 5 best players after him are Dwight, Pau, Nash, Metta & Clark.

It's not like there's a vast talent difference.

LeBron has been better than Kobe this entire season. Are we forgetting the fact that he's putting up great numbers while leading his team on a 17 game winning streak right now?
Again those names look great on paper but that's not really the case at all. Wade and Bosh >>> Gasol and Howard. Wade and Bosh are munch closer to their prime than Gasol and Howard are. You have be crazy to think otherwise. Lakers switched HC during the season. That hurts on offense and offense systems. Chemistry been huge deal this season with all injuries Howard, Nash, Gasol, Hill, and Earl Clak. With missing bunch of games while others being out entire season. Not making excuses just saying. Heat have better bench too, it's not even that close. Yeah it's great winning streak no doubt but Clippers won 17 games in a row this season and wasn't huge deal either. Unlike Heat get bunch of love on ESPN and major sports networks about it.

#6,939 ·

The Clippers got a lot of attention for their winning streak. Of course they didn't get as much as the Heat or if it were the Lakers but they still got plenty of press for it.

And if you go by the standard of who's valuable to their team and who isn't, LeBron is very damn valuable to the Heat. Believe it or not, those guys depend on LeBron a lot.

Also are you implying that Dwight Howard is out of his prime?

#6,940 · (Edited)

The Clippers got a lot of attention for their winning streak. Of course they didn't get as much as the Heat or if it were the Lakers but they still got plenty of press for it.

And if you go by the standard of who's valuable to their team and who isn't, LeBron is very damn valuable to the Heat. Believe it or not, those guys depend on LeBron a lot.

Also are you implying that Dwight Howard is out of his prime?
Meh not really munch I heard on ESPN about Clippers win streak.

Lol compared to his Orlando days? Hell yeah. Is that serious question. :lmao

Big's (centers) start to decline athletically after back surgery. Especially any major surgery for that matter.

Dwight Howard numbers: 16.2 PPG, 12.2 RPG, FT% 48. Those are some of his all time low's for his entire career. Also below his career averages. Funny stat just showed on ABC. Steve Nash 6.8 APG(Lowest since 1999-00) season.

#6,941 ·

Dwight isn't healthy, he's playing hurt. I wouldn't say he's out of his prime.

Also it was expected that his scoring numbers would drop in LA seeing as he's gone from #1 option to #2 option, well technically #2 but really #3 since Metta World Peace has made himself the 2nd option :lol

Compared to his numbers last year, only his scoring numbers (Which were expected to drop), and his defensive rebounding numbers have dipped. He's shooting pretty much the same from the field, his FT% went down by one point. I'd hardly say Dwight is out of his prime. He's just hurt and he's struggled adjusting to his role in LA.

#6,942 · (Edited)

Dwight isn't healthy, he's playing hurt. I wouldn't say he's out of his prime.

Also it was expected that his scoring numbers would drop in LA seeing as he's gone from #1 option to #2 option, well technically #2 but really #3 since Metta World Peace has made himself the 2nd option :lol

Compared to his numbers last year, only his scoring numbers (Which were expected to drop), and his defensive rebounding numbers have dipped. He's shooting pretty much the same from the field, his FT% went down by one point. I'd hardly say Dwight is out of his prime. He's just hurt and he's struggled adjusting to his role in LA.
He's 27 years old already. You do know historically centers decline with age right? Add in major surgery's being worse. He might have 2 to 4 good (All Star level)/great years left maybe. I don't see him as franchise player true #1 but great #2 to build right. Howard is good piece but not great one. All his numbers are down dude. Huh? Howard FT% shooting this season is 48.3 his career average 57.9 yeah I say that's huge dip. I know he is playing injured. I just hope we get old Howard back next year. I guess we all will have to wait and see. I'm skeptical though.

#6,943 ·

Yes I know historically centers decline with age. But not at 27...around that age is when most NBA players hit their peak.

I was comparing his numbers to last season in Orlando, not his career averages. To say Howard is out of his prime is ridiculous.

#6,944 · (Edited)

Yes I know historically centers decline with age. But not at 27...around that age is when most NBA players hit their peak.

I was comparing his numbers to last season in Orlando, not his career averages. To say Howard is out of his prime is ridiculous.
lol okay then. Not always. Not ones coming off major back surgery. Some centers had to retire with bad backs while never being same player they once were. Howard is out of his prime until I see old Howard of seasons past. I'll be ecstatic with 80% Howard moving forward. I don't believe Lakers will get that Howard again ala Orlando one. Like I said let's see where Howard is in 2-3 years time.

#6,954 · (Edited)

Thought the Miami game was later, ive missed the whole game while at work. Looks like it'll be 18 in a row barring a huge collapse.

Whats funny is I keep trolling my friends saying Chalmers is better than Rondo and would be an allstar on any other team. This game will give me loads of more material :lol

#6,958 ·

Magic is like a typical Lakers fan. If they're winning or playing well; "Kobe is an MVP-candidate", "Lakers gon win the championship", etc. If they're losing; "blow it up", "time to rebuild", "trade Dwight", "Kobe is done", etc.

Only difference is Magic is on TV oh, and he's one of the GOATS.

#6,959 ·

The Lakers are a scary team heading into the playoffs. I'm not predicting them to win the title or anything like that but I could very well see them upsetting one of the top three seeds.

If Memphis were to remain at the #3 seed, I think that would be their ideal matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.