Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #207 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

Yeah, this is late, but that seems to be the story of my life lately...

The Hammerstein Ballroom – Manhattan, New York City, New York

“Out of Exile”

Quote:
“The Fight Song” by Marilyn Manson vignette

(Whispers)

Fight…

RVD leaps for a Frog Splash…

Fight…

HBK cocks back, Sweet Chin Music ready…

Fight…

Finlay and Joe go at it on the balcony…

Fight…

Chris Jericho’s silhouette is highlighted…

*Opening guitar riff*

You'll never grow up to be a big rock star

The camera goes from the ground up to the face of Paul Wright in his debut Week 3

Celebrated victim of your fame

Aero Star leaps onto Jamie Noble from the entrance stage columns

Just cut our wrists like cheap coupons

Christian searches for his peeps from Week 5

And say that "death was on sale today"

Bryan Danielson raises his hand, singing his theme from Week 4

*Upped tempo, heavier sound*

And when we were good

Jack Evans’ double moonsault from Week 1

You just close your eyes

Aero Star, Psicosis, and Super Crazy perform a Triple Asai Moonsault from Week 14

So when we are bad

Paul Wright chokeslams Michaels through the table from the Supershow

We'll scar your minds

A replayed shot of Shelton Benjamin German suplexing Paul London off the ladder from Week 4

Fight!

SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!

Fight!

WARRIOR’S WAY!!!

Fight!

MUSCLE BUSTER!!!

Fight!

SPEAR THROUGH THE TABLE!!

Fight!

CHOKESLAM!!!

Fight!

WORLD’S GREATEST DOOMSDAY DEVICE!!

Fight!

GTS!!

Fight!

FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!!

*Final cymbal crash*

Chris Jericho holds the AOW World title high in the air

The main camera gives us a great shot around the arena, as AOW looks to be sold out for the umpteenth time in company history. The signs aren’t as clever tonight as they were Sunday night, but the entire Hammerstein is rockin’ as anything, 3,000+ popping hard all the way from the balcony. Part of that is because they’re just here to see another show, but another reason is because right now standing in the middle of the ring is the Hardcore Legend himself, the Acting Commander Mick Foley.

Mick Foley:
Ladies and gentlemen, I hope none of you are too worn out from Sunday’s festivities.

~Another resounding pop gets the crowd right back into things

Mick Foley:
That’s kind of what I was hopin’ for. So how about we celebrate what happened in that unreal main event, huh? How about we name ourselves a new number one contender right here, in the heart of the Hammerstein in Manhattan?

~The signature Foley cheap pop, complete with the Foley grin and thumbs up in the ring camera

Mick Foley:
So how about it? Ladies and gentlemen, a man who lasted over an hour in an absolute warzone in a display of guts never seen before that I think is more than deserving to be the next man to fight for the AOW Heavyweight Championship at The Outer Limits…CHRISTIAAAAAN CAAAAGE~!!

…and the roof of the Hammerstein comes absolutely BLOWN OFF, as “JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES” hits and the man himself, Christian Cage pushes back the blood-red curtain to make the crowd pop even louder. For the first time since nearly the first show of the entire campaign, Christian actually raises his hand to his brow…looking for his peeps. He still has a look of madness in his eyes, but it’s not as prevalent as it has been in the past as he gingerly walks down the ramp and to the ring, obviously feeling the effects of the Chamber to this day. He doesn’t pander to the crowd anymore after the brief seeking, his eyes locked on Foley before climbing into the ring and being handed a microphone.

Christian Cage:
Six months. Six months I’ve been the outcast. Six months I’ve had to stand in the middle of this ring and on the outside wondering if there was anyone in the world who would even listen to me.

~Christian is back to talking to the canvas and not looking at the camera

Christian Cage
:
So Sunday night, I did what I had to do. I took a team of misfits and myself and did what no one has been able to do in those six months. And that’s give the Worthy Legion the beating of a lifetime.

~Christian looks up after that last line, the crowd once again erupting. Cage then turns in Foley’s direction, who hasn’t left the ring

Christian Cage
:
But Mick, I want you to know something. I want you to know that I didn’t allow you to bring me back so that I could waltz down to this ring after going through absolute hell and have you stand here like a proud father.

[I]~The crowd quickly quiets back down[/i]

Christian Cage
:
I did it because someone had to do something. I did it because after we showed the world the Legion’s cracks, I knew there’d only be one man who could possibly take the entire empire down. And that was me.

~A lukewarm reception for that one, some in the crowd cheering, others remain silent

Christian
:
So don’t get it twisted. You’re not naming me the number one contender. That’s what I’ve always been. I’ve always been the only man in this entire company who could take down this monster and his army of monsters. But to do so, Foley, I had to resort to becoming a monster myself.

~Christian is really close to Foley’s face here

Christian
:
That’s not something I’m proud of. You said it yourself only a few days before I entered that Chamber, Mick. I wouldn’t let anyone in. I wouldn’t listen to anyone because no one ever bothered to listen to me. So you bestowing upon me this honor that I believe I’ve had all along, it’s…liberating. For me.

~Cage actually puts a hand on Foley’s shoulder, his intense gaze going a little bit softer as Foley looks at him, obviously a bit concerned

Christian
:
It’s liberating for me. But I have to open my mind and look past that. When I beat Chris Jericho for the AOW Championship, it’ll not just be liberating for me. But be liberating for everyone that he has oppressed. That includes you, Mick. That includes those guys who were in that Chamber with me. And –yes – that includes you people.

~A nice pop for Christian finally giving mention to the fans, but he still doesn’t look at them, merely pointing out before Foley surprises him by grabbing his still extended hand and shaking it, causing another pop. Christian doesn’t fight the handshake, seemingly going along with it

Mick Foley:
Believe me, Christian, there is no one in the entire world I’d rather have in this spot.

Christian:
Let me repeat myself, Mick – that’s because there is no one who could fill this spot. And don’t think I’ve forgotten about what you and what they all did to me. No. I could never forget that, no matter how hard I try. But facing Chris Jericho is bigger than that. And winning that title is bigger than me. So…I accept you naming me the number one contender.

Christian doesn’t let his re-intensified gaze go from the eyes of Foley, the crowd giving one last pop for Cage accepting the terms of Foley’s faith, but the somewhat heartwarming moment is completely ruined by the sound of “KING OF MY WORLD” hitting the system as an ironically UNGOLDY rain of heat pours down for AOW Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho and Paul “The Great” Wright, apparently the only two members of the Worthy Legion coming out for this interruption. Jericho is in a signature suit, but Wright looks beyond pissed, even moreso when we see his right hand is still in a cast. The only person in the entire arena looking more furious than Wright…is Jericho himself, virtually stomping his way down the ramp, his anger coming through his voice as he speaks while walking.

Chris Jericho:
This is an absolute outrage. This man has done nothing but perform blasphemies against me since he set foot in this company and this is how you repay him?

~Jericho finally gets to the base of the ramp and steps into the ring, Wright not coming with him and staying on the floor

Chris Jericho:
HUH? How can you sit there and justify that this miscreant has any business facing me?? Because of him, my Worthy Legion, the light that was to guide this company to majesty, is a WRECK!! Bobby Lashley needs surgery. I haven’t seen Kenneth since Sunday!

~Jericho is teetering on madman tone there

Chris Jericho:
So he spent an entire hour inside the War Chamber. You know who else lasted an hour in there? Bobby Lashley!

~Jericho is seething at this point, getting all in Christian’s face

Chris Jericho:
But Bobby Lashley isn’t here, is he? No! This disingenuous sociopath you call a number one contender, that you’re all clamoring ‘savior’ for injured Bobby Lashley in that Chamber! How dare you take down a man after such a valiant and heroic effort!

~The crowd throws heavy heat at Jericho flipping the tables here, being potentially disingenuous himself

Chris Jericho:
And while we’re at it, I, Chris Jericho, the Master of War, the God of Gods himself also lasted an entire hour in that satanic structure. I have the scars to prove it!

~Jericho points to stitches above his left brow that we haven’t seen due to the normal camera angle. The gash doesn’t look all that bad. The level of heat Jericho is getting is almost making it hard to talk

Chris Jericho:
My worthy blood was shed all over that hellzone more than this unworthy cretin. And yet, no one is giving me the praise I have so undisputedly deserved. I’m your savior, not his false prophet!! PRAISE ME, YOU UNGREATFUL SHEEP~!!

~Whether it’s a response to the heat being so loud or just being fed up with everything, Jericho screams this across the arena towards the crowd to an even LOUDER unleashing of hell from the fans. A quick glimpse at Christian’s eyes show they have transformed back to their madman intensity that we saw before TIE, the gaze never leaving Jericho

Chris Jericho:
…and all of this is no one’s fault but yours…Foley.

~Jericho now gets in the AC face, who isn’t backing down, this not the first time this has happened between the two

Chris Jericho:
You get taken out, Heyman comes back. I take Heyman out, you resurrect. You just couldn’t roll over and let well enough alone, could you? You wouldn’t allow these people to see that I’m trying to save all of them. You’re just like the attention whore zombie you’ve always been – never knowing when. To. Die.

~Jericho gets really close to Foley here, the crowd still buzzing with a parade of heat…but this suddenly whiplashes into a pop when Christian steps between the two, his nose almost touching Jericho’s. The contrast in their eyes is stunning – Christian’s is brutally intense while Jericho’s angry gaze suddenly dissipates to a look of potential fear, causing him to back away

Chris Jericho:
Oh, how trite. It’s almost cute how much of a hero you think you are, Cage. These people might find it admirable. But I find it…suspicious.

~A buzz of interest here

Chris Jericho:
I mean, Mick Foley used every part of his power in his position to get you back in the company. And for what? So he could use you for what he wanted.

~Christian quickly glances aside to Foley, but then just as quickly looks right back at Jericho

Chris Jericho:
So Christian, not only have these people turned their backs on you, the boys in the back abandoning you, but the administration itself is manipulating you.

~Christian’s gaze hasn’t flinched, nothing Jericho is saying even looking like it’s getting through

Chris Jericho:
I’m just looking out for you, Christian. I mean, facing me for the AOW title is a big opportunity. Almost enough to break a man right after he does what someone else wanted them to. And I would just hate it if you and your fragile mind were to break down again.

~Jericho has the fakest look of genuine empathy on his face that isn’t fooling anyone. But he’s suddenly cut off by Mick Foley

Mick Foley:
Jericho, to borrow some words from your own scripture that once made you famous – SHUT. THE HELL. UP.

~A HUGE pop for Foley, who walks from behind Christian and back into the eyes of Jericho

Mick Foley:
This man has earned everything I’m giving him and he deserves it. He deserved to be back in this company. He deserved to caption Team AOW in the Chamber. And he deserves the right to face you for what you hold most dear.

~Foley points to the AOW title draped across Jericho’s shoulder, but just when it seems like Foley is actually going to touch the title, Jericho goes from fear back to insufferable rage

Chris Jericho:
I have done everything imaginable while in possession of this title! This gold means something because I made it mean everything!! And this man deserves none of that! He doesn’t deserve my everything! He deserves nothing!! He is nothing compared to me!!

~Jericho ROARS this while nose-to-nose with Foley before actually shoving him aside into the ropes to get back even with Cage

Chris Jericho:
So tell me, oh Savior, how does it feel to be staring a god in the eye??

~It’s JERICHO that actually looks like he’s starting to go mad here, while Cage’s gaze softens just a tad as he raises his microphone to his lips for the first time in what feels like forever

Christian:
I feel…saved.

CAGE LEAPS ONTO JERICHO!! CAGE IS WAILING AWAY ON CHRIS JERICHO LIKE A WILD ANIMAL!! Foley actually tries to pull Christian off, but he’s kicked off by Paul Wright, who has decided to come in to things, grabbing Christian by the back of the neck and TOSSING HIM off of the Worthy One. But Christian stays like a rabid dog, now LUNGING AT WRIGHT!! Cage actually gets several shots in, the crowd roaring along for him, but this is quickly stopped when Wright knocks all the wind out of him with a heavy club to the midsection with his casted hand, doubling Christian over and forcing him onto all fours. At that moment, Jericho gets back to his feet and throws off his jacket before kicking Cage stiff in the face.

The crowd deflates right back, but they spark up once again when Finlay strikes Wright in the back of the head, only for the big man to not even feel the hit. Instead, Wright takes hold of Foley and chunks him clean over the top rope, Foley tumbling all the way to the floor. This little window leaves Cage able to start mounting a comeback on Jericho, but the Worthy Champion puts a stop on that by hitting Christian with a LOW BLOW, forcing Christian right back down. Jericho then goes and brings Christian to his feet and holds his arms back, snarling angrily into his ear. With Christian being held and defenseless, Wright cocks back and GETS READY FOR A KNOCKOUT PUNCH…

**DON’T CALL IT A COMEBACK**

IT’S JOE!! SAMOA JOE!! The man who spent the least amount of time in the War Chamber comes bursting through to aid the man who spent the longest in there!! Joe sprints all the way to the ring, Wright turning to now look at the One Man Army that drove him through a steel girdle last night!! We can now see the marks that left on Joe, and when he starts firing right hands on Wright, “The Great’s” hoodie comes off, showing us his scars from the ordeal as well. It’s Joe and Wright now exchanging heavy hands as Christian fights out of Jericho’s grasp and starts going at it with him!! We’ve got ourselves a brawl on our hands!!

Wright and Joe and tearing each other apart, while Christian is beating on a covering Jericho, who isn’t getting any blows in. Christian forces him into a corner and begins a relentless pummel, but Jericho is able to push Cage back before he gets too into it. With that space, Jericho grabs the jacket he threw off earlier and throws it at Cage, blinding him!! Jericho now jumps on his handicapped foe, leaping onto him and beating him down following his underhanded tactic! Meanwhile, Wright begins pulling away from Joe in their heavy brawl, but Joe counters back when he delivers an elbow so hard, Wright is knocked back to the ropes.

This gives Joe an opportunity to throw Jericho off the defenseless Cage. Jericho recovers to see Cage and Joe seething at him, prompting Jericho to high tail it out of the ring, grab his AOW title that fell to the outside during the brawl, and start heading up the ramp, disgusted. As Joe and Cage turn to take him down, they taken out by a double clothesline from Wright!! Both men go down hard, but Wright cocks his fist back and awaits for one of the men to get back to their feet…only for Jericho to leap onto the apron and grab it, telling him to get the hell out of here. Wright climbs over the rope and goes with Jericho back on up the ramp, as Foley just now climbs back into the ring to see Joe and Christian back to their feet. Christian rushes at the ropes and damn near breaks them as if they were running tape before being somewhat restrained by the battered Joe and Foley.

All Christian can do is stare with his moonman eyes up the ramp at the all too familiar scene of Jericho just escaping by the skin of his teeth. Jericho isn’t taking pride in this escape, however, audibly telling Wright to ‘get the limo, we’re getting out of this madness!’ before going back behind the curtain. We stay focused on the shot of Christian in the ring with Foley and Joe, his gaze never leaving the spot where Jericho disappeared.

Joey Styles:
Well ladies and gentlemen, how about THAT as a welcome to Oblivion!! We’re fifteen minutes into the broadcast and already some earth-shattering developments in the wake of This is Exile.

JBL:
An’ by ‘earth-shattering’ I assume you mean ‘prejudiced’. Mick Foley has it in for Chris Jericho an’ all of you people know it! But yet you all jump on the Christian bandwagon anyway.

Joey Styles:
Oh, and I suppose Chris Jericho has done absolutely nothing to warrant behavior like that, right? And I suppose people aren’t allowed to change their minds about people either, right?

JBL:
It’s people like you who are the reason why this company is gonna go to the gutters. You don’t recognize a hero when you see one, you’re blind to your own ignorance, an’ because of that, you can’t see your worthy savior when he is clearly trying to save you all.

Joey Styles:
Christian certainly is a worthy man in that position, John.

JBL:
I WAS TALKIN’ ABOUT YOUR AOW CHAMPION, YOU GOON!!

Joey Styles:
Pipe down, John. This is the AOW Oblivion announce desk, remember? Not your Fox News show where you have to scream to get your point across. Christian Cage will finally get his shot at Chris Jericho at The Outer Limits from both men’s home country, but that’s the tip of the iceberg here tonight! Just four days after competing in the hellish War Chamber, CM Punk must defend his Dynasty Championship against the man he took it from, Muhammad Hassan.

JBL:
All my money’s on Muhammad, an’ I got a lot of money!

Joey Styles:
I’m not surprised in any way, shape, or form at that, but coming up on the other side of the break, we’ve got opening round action of the AOW Trios Tournament!! You won’t wanna miss that, or anything we’ve got going on tonight! This is Exile fallout galore tonight, here on Wednesday Night Oblivion.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from the break to a still buzzing arena, only for them to deliver another solid ovation, this time for the tune of “EXECUTERS OF EXCELLENCE”, as the Sons of the Dungeon walk through the curtain with their focused expressions showing signs of excitement, particularly from Smith, who hasn’t competed for five weeks due to his injury. The two then make some space between them only for Lance Storm to come through the curtain and fill it to a very nice ovation, as no one’s seen Storm since World Ablaze. The commentators do make note of the fact that the only guy in that trio that has seen any ring action in the new year is TJ Wilson as all three men approach the ring.

Their song gradually fades out into a familiar, yet unfamiliar theme song hits that is recognized as a remix of “World’s Greatest”, this one with the signature hum being infused with a bit of a hip hop beat, entitled “GREATER THAN GREAT”, as through the blood red curtain struts the AOW Tag Team Champion World’s Greatest Tag Team, still tight as ever despite their contest this past Sunday. Coming alongside them is their trios partner in a man who almost came up with a shot at gold Sunday in Low Ki. Ki doesn’t share in his partner’s pandering instead just keeping his extremely focused demeanor. Both Benjamin and Haas reach at Ki’s bald head to rub it for luck a la Jack Evans, but Ki doesn’t let either one of them do it by simply keeping on walking.

As both teams make way to their respective aprons and get everything set, referee Brian Hebner asking both corners for their ‘captains’ to come forward, with the veteran Lance Storm going for his corner and Charlie Haas coming forward for his corner, the commentators stating that it must have something to do with him winning Sunday night, with Benjamin not looking too thrilled about having to watch Chairie walk up there. But nonetheless, as the captains shake hands and head back to their corners, the commentators remind everyone of the Trios rules that differ from regular styles.

Quote:
Teams will be composed of three members each, with one person being designated as the team’s “captain”.

The role of “captain” cannot change during the match, but it may change between matches (i.e. the named captain does not have to remain captain all the way through the Tournament)

In order to win a Trios match, a team must either a) eliminate two members of the opposing team or b) eliminate the team captain
OPENING MATCH
~AOW Trios Tournament Opening Round~

AOW Tag Team Champions World’s Greatest Tag Team & Low Ki
v.
Lance Storm & Sons of the Dungeon

The match begins with both captains actually starting things off, but the commentators do note that things don’t have to be that way. The elder of captains don’t stay around for long, however, as in due time Storm rotates around and tries to get his other team members in on things, the first two minutes being dominated by the corner from Canada. After Storm tags Smith, it’s the big guy’s turn to get some of his ring rust off, smashing Haas in his exposed ribs as Storm holds him open. Smith then takes Haas down with a bit rear waistlock takedown, but Haas is able to scurry out of it and perform a sitting switch, getting Smith in his own rear waistlock. The amateur prowess of Haas on display there, both men getting to their feet, Haas still with the waistlock on.

Smith pushes out his hips to try and create some space, but it’s Haas’ turn to plant him in the mat with a rear waistlock takedown before he floats over and grabs the stronger Smith in a front headlock, trying to wear him down a little. Haas gets to his feet a little bit and keeps the headlock on as he backpedals towards his corner, Benjamin slapping him on the back to become the legal man. Benjamin enters and greets Smith the same way Smith greeted Haas and that being a firm boot to the ribs while restrained, but with Smith’s rib injury, Benjamin’s hit becomes more poignant. Benjamin then takes Smith and gives him a hard forearm smash to the side of the face before trying to whip him into a corner, but Smith reverses it. Benjamin goes careening towards a corner, but cleanly leaps up onto the top rope and leaps back towards Smith, taking him down with a leaping spinning forearm!! Benjamin goes for the first cover – 1…2…NO!!

Despite Benjamin cementing his athleticism early, he can’t put Smith away, opting instead to go back to his corner and tag in Low Ki for the first time, Ki not immediately entering and instead opting to give Smith a knee to the ribs before entry and leap over the rope and pull Smith into a sunset flip attempt, but the larger Smith won’t go over, standing over Ki. This gives Smith some leverage as he reaches down to pull Ki back to his feet and gives him a hard right hand that sends Ki bracing against the ropes, only for him to come right back with a hard forearm of his own. Smith backpedals from the blow a bit, retaliating with what looks like a clothesline, but Ki ducks underneath it and hits Smith with a pair of knife edge CHOPS(Wooooo!). Ki tries to whip Smith into the ropes, but again it’s reversed, but Smith nails Ki with a nasty clothesline on the rebound, getting his corner its first cover – 1…2…NO!! Ki has more life!

Smith pulls Ki towards his corner with Lance Storm tagging himself back in this time, the captain and Smith both whipping Ki into the ropes and catching him on the rebound in a double flapjack!! Ki hits the canvas hard as Storm goes for another cover – 1…2…3-NO!! Ki wants to fight on! But he’s in a bad position now, at the mercy of the technical veteran Storm, who delivers a hard shot to the side of his neck before wrapping him up in a rest hold. Ki manages to get to his feet after a bit of a struggle and knock Storm off, but when he rebounds off the ropes to get some momentum, he’s cut off by a Lance Storm picture perfect dropkick!! Storm covers Ki again – 1…2…NO!!

There’s still gusto in the tank, but the Canadian corner looks to further beat it out of him, as Storm goes over to now tag TJ Wilson in for the first time, but Wilson doesn’t hit Ki while he’s down. Instead, he waits until Ki gets to his feet, surprising both his corner and the WGTT. Ki gets back to his feet and sees Wilson standing across from him…and smiles a little. We take a look at Wilson…and he does the same. The commentators harken back to the first time these two men met in the ring at World Ablaze and what their confrontation meant to one another, but the WGTT doesn’t see or know that, barking at Ki to tag one of them back in because he’s taken heavy damage. Ki waves them off and prepares to dance with Wilson, the two circling around one another briefly before engaging in a collar tie-up.

Right out of the lock-up, Ki and Wilson begin to set a cruiserweight pace, both men countering the other’s headlock attempt with quick headscissors and following those up by trading arm drags. They then both rush to their feet, only for Ki to swing at Wilson with a ROUNDHOUSE, but Wilson ducks and awaits Ki to turn around to go for a ROUNDHOUSE of his own, but it’s Ki this time who ducks to catch Wilson from behind and get him in a roll-up – 1…2…NO!! Wilson throws his legs up and out of it, quickly approaching Ki and taking him down with at double leg takedown and going for the jackknife cover – 1…2…NO!! Ki wraps his arms around Wilson’s waist and coils around to catch Wilson in the backside – 1…2…NO!! Wilson rolls out of that predicament, getting to his feet to greet Ki with a dropkick of his own, but Ki slaps him down and has him eat air, Ki now looking to wrap the legs of the downed Wilson up for something, but Wilson counters by pushing him away and rolling back to his feet, both men at what looks like a ridiculous stalemate, but it gets a HUGE ovation from the Hammerstein.

Both men semi-circle one another again, only for Ki to burst forward and nail Wilson in the gut with a knee, lighting him up with a knife edge CHOP(Woooo!!) before tossing him into an empty corner, Wilson’s back hitting hard. Ki then sets up for the Tidal Crush, but Wilson ducks out of the corner at the last minute, causing him to kick nothing but air and stumble off balance back to his feet, only to get hit by a Wilson dropkick that sends him tumbling through the ropes! But Ki hangs onto the middle rope, using it to rise back up on the apron only to be struck by a Wilson ROUNDHOUSE, forcing Ki to fall all the way to the floor!

No sooner does Ki hit the padded outside does Shelton Benjamin burst into the ring, surprising the near-ropes Wilson and clotheslines him over the rope to the floor!! This causes an immediate reaction from Smith, who storms into the ring and nails Benjamin with a hard shoulder block that knocks Benjamin into a corner, but Charlie Haas now storms the ring, only to get a shoulder block of his own. But as Smith turns back to Benjamin, he gets CRACKED IN THE JAW BY A BENJAMIN KICK, sending him tumbling over the top rope!! As Benjamin tries to help Haas recover, they’re both taken aback by Lance Storm rushing at the both of them, nailing a DOUBLE CACTUS CLOTHESLINE, all three men tumbling to the floor!! It’s chaos in the very first match in the Trios Tournament bracket as everyone is on the floor!! What the hell else could come??

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

Upon our return from the break, we’re back in the ring where Wilson and Ki are still the legal men, but our return is rechristened with the image of Ki nailing Wilson with the kippou rolling kick, getting another cover here – 1…2…NO!! Wilson has life in him yet, Ki dragging Wilson to his feet, but Wilson pushes Ki off towards the WGTT corner. When he does so, Charlie Haas blind tags himself back in, much to the displeasure of Ki. He turns around to argue with Haas as he steps into the ring, both Tag Champions saying this is a ‘team effort’, but Ki still isn’t too happy. He doesn’t even exit the ring immediately, leading to Wilson coming up behind Haas and pushing him into Ki, who cracks heads with Benjamin and causes him to fall off the apron, Wilson catching the captain Haas in a surprise victory roll – 1…2…3-NO!! Haas is just able to push Wilson up off of him at the last minute and keep his team in the Tournament! Wilson regains his balance and charges right back at Haas, who lifts the cruiserweight over his head before nailing a flawless German suplex!! He keeps the bridge – 1…2…3-NO!! Smith barges into the ring to break the count, saving his tag team partner.

Haas now works over Wilson, keeping him grounded and away from his corner, trying to wear down the firecracker. Wilson sees a window of opportunity when he finally gets back to his feet and strikes Haas away, but Haas comes right back with a hard back elbow, putting Wilson up against the ropes. Haas takes a moment to step back before charging right back at Wilson, who kicks Haas in the face, and in the process, flips over the top rope and onto the apron. There’s enough space for Wilson to go for something as he leaps up for a springboard neckbreaker…DROPKICK OUT OF MID-AIR!! Haas kicks the rookie right out of the sky en route to another cover attempt – 1…2…3-NO!! Wilson keeps his hopes alive!!

Haas doesn’t stop trying, however, stomping on Wilson before dragging him back towards his corner and tagging Benjamin back in, whom enters and lifts Wilson up in a military press, only to drop him from that height into a Haas European uppercut!! But as Wilson reels, he does so right into a Benjamin belly to belly suplex!! An impressive combination from the Tag Team Champions there, Benjamin going to Wilson for yet another cover – 1…2…3-NO!! It’s Lance Storm who rushes to the youngster’s aid, Benjamin rising off of Wilson’s body to tell him to back off. Storm has to adhere to he and the referee, but as Benjamin turns back to Wilson, he’s met with hard rights and lefts to the gut and a shin kick to the side of the head, Wilson running and rebounding off the ropes right back towards Benjamin…SAMOAN DROP!! Wilson’s momentum is killed yet again as Benjamin covers him – 1…2…3-NO!! Wilson shows some Dungeon graduate resolve!!

Benjamin is slightly annoyed that that one didn’t eliminate Wilson, pulling him up to his feet and setting him up for the big EXPLODER SUPLEX…BUT WILSON FLIPS OUT OF IT ONTO HIS FEET!! The incredibly athletic Wilson flips out of the move, his momentum taking him right to his corner, getting the hot tag to Harry Smith!! Smith bursts into the ring and immediately puts Benjamin down with a clothesline, only for Charlie Haas to bust into the ring to his partner’s aid, only to get a clothesline of his own! Ki, possibly absorbing the ‘team effort’ thing, comes rushing in as well, only to eat a Smith Big Boot. Smith grabs hold of Benjamin and hoists him up in a very impressive delayed vertical suplex that gets a great reception from the crowd, Benjamin coming crashing down as Smith looks to cover – 1…2…NO!!

Benjamin groggily gets back up and tends to his aching spine, being taken by Smith and being hoisted on a shoulder, looking for the RUNNING POWERSLAM…but Charlie Haas intervenes, nailing Smith with a chop block, bucking his leg and causing Benjamin to fall right on top of him – 1…2…NO!! Smith isn’t pinned, but now Benjamin has a bit of an opening, using this to tag in Haas, who has quickly retreated to his corner. Low Ki crawls in underneath the ropes after falling to the outside on the boot on the tag in as well, Haas taking Smith in the rear waistlock, Benjamin and Ki getting the same idea…DOUBLE SUPERKICK/GERMAN SUPLEX DOMINO!! A very impressive triple team there, Haas again keeping the bridge and pinning Smith down – 1…2…3-NO!! It’s Lance Storm that breaks back in for the kids, again forcing the WGTT to keep going.

Haas isn’t too happy with that, almost reacting the same way Benjamin did, but he keeps his head on enough to await for Smith to get back to his feet to nail him with a pair of snap verticals for another cover – 1…2…NO!! Smith throws a shoulder up, even though he’s still very much out of it from the triple team. Haas again waits for Smith to get back to his feet, stalking him from the second rope in an empty corner and leaping for the second rope bulldog…NO!! Smith uses his brute strength to stop Haas’ momentum towards the canvas in it’s tracks, instead grappling Haas around the waist and nailing German suplex of his own!! But he can’t get back up to his feet, both men on their backs and trying to get to their corners for tags. Haas slaps the tag in on Ki, while Smith gets the tag in on captain Storm!!

Low Ki bursts in ready to get going once again, but he’s immediately caught off guard by Lance Storm entering the ring with a springboard clothesline!! Ki clutches his nose as he gets back to his feet following the blow, Storm waiting for him, whips him hard into a corner, only for him to hit it so hard he comes right back out…into a northern lights suplex!! Storm keeps the bridge – 1…2…3-NO!! Ki has life!! Storm is slightly disappointed, but he grabs hold of Ki’s bald head to bring him back to his feet, only for Ki to deliver a sharp headbutt right to the veteran’s jaw. This forces him to drop to a knee, leaving him open for Ki to nail him with the Krush Kombo, finishing the trio of kicks with a roundhouse to the skull!! Ki covers – 1…2…NO!! Storm keeps his team in this!

Storm tries to get back to his feet, but Ki cuts him off at the pass with another hard kick to the side, now taking Storm and trying to whip him into the ropes, only to have Storm turn it around. Ki rebounds off the ropes and ducks underneath a Storm desperate clothesline attempt, only to turn around to see an airborne Ki nail him with the springboard enzeguiri!! Storm goes down once again, the kicking looking pretty damn stiff, Ki covering the Canadian for possibly the win – 1…2…3…NO!! Storm stays alive somehow!! The Sons over in the corner are ecstatic their coach/captain is still in this, but Low Ki and his corner are getting pretty mad at all these kickouts. Ki has to wait for Storm to get back to his feet, rebounding off the ropes and back towards him, ducking underneath a reverse elbow attempt and rebounding again. On that one, Ki leapfrogs clean over a ducking Storm to rebound off the ropes once again, leaping with a great deal of momentum onto Storm’s shoulders for a hurricanrana…SITOUT POWERBOMB!! A COUNTER SITOUT POWERBOMB FROM LANCE STORM!!! WOW!

The crowd comes alive as both legal men are once again floored, giving it their all here in just the opening round! Both men struggle to get back to their corners and tag in someone else, Storm getting there first and tagging back in Smith, Ki getting there just a second later and tagging Haas back in. Smith rushes towards the opposing corner, but immediately gets caught in the Haas one-man flapjack. Haas keeps Smith’s legs wrapped up, reaching up to tag Benjamin back in, who delivers a hard elbow to the back of Smith’s head and rolls him over for a cover – 1…2…NO!!

He throws a shoulder up, which Benjamin grabs to keep him down and tag back in Haas, who leaps over the top rope and delivers a leg drop to the back of Smith’s head, rolling him back over for a cover – 1…2…3-NO!! Smith stays in this, but Haas just goes right back and tags back in Benjamin, walking back in and bringing Smith to his feet with Haas. They set him up for what looks like a double suplex…NO!! The mighty son of the British Bulldog throws both men off of him, Haas coming back at him to eat a hard elbow. Benjamin retaliates with the Dragon whip…but Smith ducks…Benjamin still spinning…and nails Haas with the Dragon whip!! Haas tumbles outside, Smith nailing Benjamin with another clothesline with some momentum behind it, that momentum taking him right back into his corner to tag in Wilson. Smith takes Benjamin up in the bearhug while Wilson waits on the apron with the springboard…HART ATTACK!! HART ATTACK TO BENJAMIN!! Smith goes over and knocks Ki off the apron for good measure while Wilson covers – 1…2…3…!!

ELIMINATED: SHELTON BENJAMIN at (18:12)

FINALLY, someone’s gone!! The next fall wins it for the Sons of the Dungeon and Storm, but Charlie Haas doesn’t look like he’s gonna let that happen, leaping right back into the ring to jump on Wilson for eliminating his partner, clubbing him rapidly before whipping him into the ropes and nailing another flapjack on the rebound…BUT ROLLS IT RIGHT INTO THE HAAS OF PAIN!! Just like Sunday night, Haas rolls right into his finishing submission!! The flexibility of Wilson is letting Haas crank back hard here, Smith on the brink of intervening…but Storm stops him? Storm is yelling, trying to encourage Wilson to get out of this himself without his corner’s help. While Storm’s heart might be in the right place, his team could potentially lose a member here…but Wilson reaches out and grabs a rope!!

Miraculously, Wilson makes it there, forced to use the ropes to get back to his feet and back to the fray with a pissed off Haas. Haas charges at Wilson, but TJ surprises the tag champ with a double leg takedown…SHARPSHOOTER!! SHARPSHOOTER!! One submission to another!! Haas starts scrambling in pain, trying to find a way out of the hold, but he can’t quite do it! The crowd is going nuts at the possibility of the Sons eliminating both of the Tag Team Champions, smith and Storm also pumped at the notion and cheering Wilson on. It looks like Haas is gonna tap…SPRINGBOARD ENZEGUIRI FROM LOW KI!! Ki keeps his team and his title hopes alive by cracking one of his signature kicks off of Wilson’s head!! Wilson lets go of the hold and collapses, the Hebner trying to shoo out Ki as Haas tries to go for a cover – 1…2…3-NO!! Wilson won’t go down like that!!

Haas is nearly ripping his hair out after that one, now taking Wilson and looking for another EXPLODER SUPLEX attempt…but Wilson starts fighting out of the clutches of Haas, instead catching him in a jawbreaker before springboarding off the second rope and downing Haas with the leaping back kick!! Wilson collects himself and tags back in Smith, Wilson heading to the apron and getting prepped for something. Smith enters and grabs the worn Haas with another bearhug…Wilson springboards…HART ATTACK!! A SECOND HART ATTACK TO THE OTHER TAG TEAM CHAMPION!! It’s Smith who is the legal man this time, however, as he goes to cover Haas one more time. But before he can, Low Ki springs back into the ring, only to be cut off at the pass by a Lance Storm SUPERKICK!! A SUPERKICK FROM STORM!! Ki is beheaded as Smith drapes himself on top of Haas and hooks the leg – 1…2…3…!!!

Winners: Lance Storm & Sons of the Dungeon at (20:04)

They did it!! Whatever training and coaching the Sons have been getting from Lance Storm looks to have paid off, as Storm and co. get a clean sweep and pin BOTH members of the AOW Tag Team Champions AND move on to the next round in the Tournament. Smith and Wilson share an embrace before Storm comes up behind them and pats them on the back, congratulating the rookies on their big win.

Joey Styles:
WOW!! And that was just the first match in the opening round of our AOW Trios Tournament!

JBL:
Well I’ll be damned.

Joey Styles:
Indeed so, partner! The Sons of the Dungeon and Lance Storm win in the first round without anyone being eliminated, but perhaps even bigger, they pinned both members of the AOW Tag Team Champions!

JBL:
But in the bigger picture, they just eliminated possibly the biggest threat in this entire tournament in the very first round. The World’s Greatest Tag Team has been the undisputed most dominant team in this company from day one an’ Low Ki has shown he’s more than up for a big fight. Then you had these guys, two of’em haven’t been in a competitive wrestling ring for over a month, in Storm’s case almost three months. I think they just pulled off a hellova upset.

Joey Styles:
For once, you and I agree, partner. The Sons and Storm move on, while the World’s Greatest and the Warrior have to go elsewhere in our opening round action, but later on tonight, we’ve got more opening round action as the newly dubbed Mercenaries Inc. will take on the team of Paul London, Brian Kendrick, and Low Ki’s tag team partner, Jack Evans. They’ll be hard pressed to be as hard hitting as this match, though.

JBL:
But that’s still not the best yet to come.

Joey Styles:
Indeed because later on tonight, we still have CM Punk defending his Dynasty Championship against the man who lobbied furiously for a rematch in Muhammad Hassan.

~Backstage, rear parking lot…

We’re brought to the scene of Chris Jericho bursting through the double doors to the back lot, his chauffer and limo waiting. Jericho grows ‘”Took you long enough” under his breath, still seething from earlier. A quick shot of the front of the vehicle shows a dent that was quite possibly caused by Finlay and Samoa Joe several weeks ago that still hasn’t gotten buffed out. Jericho’s face has gone deep red in rage, throwing off his tie and about to get into the back seat. A peek inside the limo reveals that Paul Wright is already there. Just as Jericho puts a leg in to get in, he’s interrupted by Ken Doane.

Doane:
Hey, Jericho!! Look, before we leave, I gotta ask you something –

Chris Jericho:
Doane? Where the hell have you been? More importantly, where the hell were you earlier when I needed you?

Doane:
I’ve been hanging with these guys since Sunday.

~The camera pans back to reveal the duo of American Made – Jack Hagar and Nick Nameth

Chris Jericho:
And what were you thinking when you went MIA to hang with these fools?? Huh? I needed your help and neither one of them are me!!!

Nameth:
Hey! No offense, Jericho, but at least we won our match Sunday night.

Chris Jericho:
Ohhhh…don’t you dare even think about getting into that with me right now, junior! So you got a messily little win over London and Kendrick. LATTIE FREAKIN’ DAAAAA!!

~Jericho seems to be completely losing his composure here, his face a deep tomato red as he gets in Doane’s face, his hands looking like they want to rip Doane’s face off

Chris Jericho:
The world that I have worked so hard for is crumbling around me. All this wealth and power and knowledge of wealth and power I’ve accumulated and no one seems to be by my side anymore!! Before you go off partying with the frat boys again, just let me remind you who has made you in this company. You were swimming in a sea of nothing going nowhere until I brought you into this fold. You remember those days?

~Doane no longer has a slight look of hope on his face, now looking thoroughly defeated

Chris Jericho:
So what can these two goofs offer you that I can’t, huh? What’s so great about America’s sweethearts that would lead you to leave a man as powerful as I am high and dry, HUH?

~Jericho is nearly roaring across the parking lot at this point

Doane:
Well…uh…we’ve been working out a deal.

Chris Jericho:
…what??

Doane:
Please, Chris, hear me out. They know I didn’t do too hot of a job in the War Chamber. And they gave me an offer to help maybe bring a little bit of honor back to the Worthy Legion.

~Jericho seems to settle down just a little bit

Chris Jericho:
…go on.

Nameth:
See, at This is Exile, the hottest chick I’ve ever seen gave me her phone number. But she never gave me a name. And no one’s answering her number. That’s where you guys come in.

Chris Jericho:
Pardon me?

Hagar:
We’ve asked for Kenny here to help use your power and connections to help us find this girl and actually bring her up here to the Hammerstein…

Doane:
…and in exchange, I team up with them in the Trios Tournament, bring home the trophy, and get the Worthy Legion some of its luster back. You understand, boss?

Chris Jericho:
So let me get this straight…you’re offering my resources, my power, and my works in general without any of my knowledge or say…so your buddies can go panty raiding a girl they don’t even know…in exchange for your nothing-without-me services in the Trios Tournament?

~Jericho’s face looks blank with rage, while all hope is drained from the trio standing before him

Doane:
…yes sir.

~Doane even dips his head down, knowing nothing good can be coming next

Chris Jericho:
Y’know what? Go ahead.

~This absolutely shocks AM and Doane, Jericho even fixing the collar on Doane’s shirt

Doane:
You…you really mean that, Mr. Jericho?

Chris Jericho:
Sure. Anything that can be done to glorify my Worthy Legion’s name should be taken full advantage of, especially in this time of need. Plus, when all I’m doing in return is delivering something as trivial as a woman, I think I’m getting the better bargain here.

~Jericho looks directly at American Made, who are taken aback by Jericho’s bluntless there

Chris Jericho:
But be warned, gentlemen. You’re both now in debt to me. And you will pay it back in some form in the future.

~Nameth and Hagar look at one another before nodding their heads at Jericho, Hagar even going so far as to audibly gulp. Jericho then gets in Doane’s face

Chris Jericho:
And as for you…you’d better come back with that trophy. Or so help me god – so help me me, I will see to it that you go right back into that sea of nothing going nowhere. Except this time, I’ll do everything in my power to make sure you drown in it.

~With a daunting gaze, Jericho drives that point home with Doane by getting into his limo, the chauffer closing the back door as Doane is struck silent and stunned, as the limo drives off without him

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

~Backstage, the Green Zone interview set…

Steve Romero:
Greetings, ladies and gentlemen, I’m Steve Romero here with my guest at this time who impressed many in the War Chamber Sunday night and is set to defend his AOW Dynasty Championship in just mere moments…CM PUNK!!

~The camera pans to our left, Romero’s right, to reveal none other than the Straight-Edge enthusiast and wrestler with a focused look on his face wearing a black hoodie and his title slung over his shoulder. There’s noticeably a shiner over his right eye from the War Chamber itself.

Steve Romero
:
Now, Punk, you’re only just a few days removed from competing in the first ever War Chamber. What’re your thoughts on being forced to compete tonight against Muhammad Hassan?

Punk:
Y’know what irks me the most, Steve? I don’t care about the fact that Hassan thinks he’s owed a rematch. I can actually understand that. I don’t care about the fact that he’s getting a match against me when I’m bruised and beat up. That’s actually pretty smart on his part, so I can understand that too.

~Punk rubs at his chin for a moment before speaking again

Punk
:
What irks me the most and the one thing I don’t understand about all this is the fact that he’s gone about this in a way that completely goes against what I stand for. I've mentioned several times here in AOW that I’m a professional wrestler here to professionally wrestle. What Hassan did to get his rematch had nothing to do with professional wrestling, but legalities. Backstage politics. Lawyer talk. You’d think he was running for public office, not being a pro wrestler.

~Punk lets out what sounds like a chuckle before touching his shiner and speaking once again

Punk
:
Not blaming Mick Foley, mind you, but in the end, I do find it funny that these guys can get away with talking the talk and not be pro wrestlers, but when it gets right down to it, they have to be pro wrestlers to back their talk up. AOW is better than that. The Dynasty title is better than that. I’m better than that. So whether it be to the Muhammad Hassans or the Chris Jerichos of the world, I’m gonna go out there tonight and retain my Dynasty Championship for one thing…freedom. Freedom from strings being pulled. The freedom to actually be a professional wrestler.

~Punk places a hand on Romero’s shoulder before giving him a good look and starts to walk away…but he’s stopped when Lance Storm enters the scene. He and Punk stare into each other for a seemingly tense second…before Storm pulls Punk in for a hug. As both men undo their embrace, Storm pats Punk on the back before barely mouthing the words ‘give’em one for me, kiddo”. Punk nods his head and shakes the hand of the man who made his title reign possible, the crowd heard in the arena letting out a pop for the clearly driven Punk as we fade away…

~Back at ringside…

As we return our focus to the ring, we hear “SKIP OVER” playing over the sound system, as Elix Skipper stands in the center of the ring doing several shadow boxing techniques, whipping himself up into last minute form for a match that could get him on the fast track towards championship gold.

That’s because the next sound to hit the threshold is none other than “FINAL COUNTDOWN”, as Cruiserweight Champion Bryan Danielson comes down the ramp to a very welcome pop, the orbital area above his eye looking much better than it did last night, however, it still doesn’t look like he should be in any form to compete. Nonetheless, the truly fighting champion rolls into the ring and plays to the crowd for a moment before taking off his strap and handing it to referee Justin King.

…but then suddenly, a third tune hits the system, as “IT’S TIME – HACKER’S REMIX” plays now, as Gregory Helms makes his way through the blood-red curtain and on down to the ring. He’s in non-competition attire, but the look on his face doesn’t exactly say ‘innocent’. He walks around the ring and makes his way over to the commentary table, putting on a headset

Joey Styles:
Um…well, ladies and gentlemen, we were expecting Bryan Danielson to come out here for a match that he requested even after the damage he took in the War Chamber. What we weren’t expecting was for anyone to come and join us on commentary tonight –

JBL:
But a special case can be made for the best cruiserweight in the world. How ya doin’, Gregory?

Helms:
I’m doin’ alright, John. Thank you so much for asking.

Joey Styles:
Are you feeling any better tonight after Low Ki nearly kicked the life out of you?

Helms:
That is a stupid question that does not warrant an answer from me.

JBL:
Greg is right, Joey. You have to ask the right questions.

Joey Styles:
Oh, pardon me. Where are my manners. Well then, how about this one – what’re you doing out here completely unannounced and unscheduled?

JBL:
He’s here to scout the Cruiserweight Champion, Joey! That question was just as stupid as the one that came before it. Y’know what? How about you shut up an’ only I ask Gregory the questions, okay? I’m sure he’d much rather appreciate that.

Joey Styles:
I’m sure Bryan Danielson appreciates him being here as well.

MATCH 2
Cruiserweight Champion Bryan Danielson
v.
Elix Skipper

We catch up to the match just over a minute in, Danielson and Skipper in the tail end of their feeling out process. They go for another lock-up, but Skipper catches Danielson in a hammerlock, only for Danielson to work his way around and reverse the hammerlock and catch Skipper in his own. Skipper rushes into the ropes and holds onto them on the recoil, forcing Danielson to release the hold and roll back onto his feet. Skipper rushes back towards Danielson, but the champ immediately greets skipper with a hard kitchen sink that sends Skipper flipping right over the knee!! Skipper has a hard landing, but Danielson doesn’t go for the immediate cover. Instead, he takes that moment to glare over his shoulder outside the ring at Gregory Helms. Helms shrugs off the stare on commentary, telling Danielson that he’d better pay attention to the ring veteran Skipper.

Danielson doesn’t heed this warning, but isn’t any worse for wear, as he takes the recovering Skipper and whips him into the ropes. On the rebound, Skipper shoots over the head of the ducking Danielson to pull him over for a sunset flip – 1…2…NO! Danielson is quickly able to roll back out of the move, only to welcome Skipper back to his feet with another hard knee to the gut. Danielson then looks to lift up Skipper for a suplex, but Skipper stops him and instead floats over Danielson to grapple him around the midsection. Danielson is aware of this, and immediately hits a standing switch, yanking Skipper back and nailing a nice German suplex!! Danielson with his first cover – 1…2…NO!! The veteran still has something left in the tank.

Danielson again glances over to see Helms, but it’s only a quick look this time before he focuses his attention back on Skip. This time, Skipper takes advantage of the split second distraction, knocking Danielson on the side of the face his injured orbital bone resides. This gets a quick spiel of heat, but Skipper doesn’t mind as he gets back up to quickly put Danielson down again with a nice back suplex. Immediately following dropping Danielson, Skipper doubles the pain with a quick leg drop, followed by another. A second cover for Skipper – 1…2…NO!

Danielson still has a lot more in the tank, but it looks like Skipper wants to completely drain it out of him when he catches Danielson in the Primetime Submission!! The modified octopus stretch…but it’s not fully synched in, as Danielson fights his way the whole time the move is being set up, throwing Skipper over his shoulder while holding onto his arm…LEBELL LOCK!! LEBELL LOCK LOCKED IN…BUT DANIELSON LETS GO!! Why? We look on the outside and get our answer, as Danielson slides underneath the bottom rope and stomps over to the commentary table, where the timekeeper has just given the Cruiserweight Championship to Gregory Helms.

Danielson, knowing fully well what happened last time Helms got his hands on it, snatches the gold right out of Helms’ hands. Helms tries to defend himself, proclaiming he was just “getting a closer look at it”. Danielson isn’t buying it, screaming at Helms to “never touch what’s mine again!” Danielson throws the title back towards the timekeeper, who now appears to know better, but as soon as Danielson enters back into the ring, he’s caught off guard by a Skipper spinning crescent kick!! Skimmer smashes his leg into Danielson’s nose and goes for another cover – 1…2…3-NO!! Danielson still holds on!

Skipper then takes Danielson and gives him a pair of forearms to the face before trying to deliver a suplex. It’s Danielson this time who stops the move, his turn to now float over Skipper, but the veteran is ready for him and greets him with another knee to the gut, followed another. Skipper then takes Danielson and tries to whip him into the corner…but Danielson scales the corner and backlips right over Skipper!! This turns right into a duet of charging Danielson sitout clotheslines, Skipper rising back to his feet after the second one. Danielson then greets him with a vicious shoot kick to the midsection.

He follows that up with another, and another and another, each one harder than the last because he pauses to look at Helms until Skipper drops to one knee, clutching his midsection in pain. Danielson doesn’t stop there, giving Skipper even more repeat shoot kicks, increasing the tempo as he stares a hole through Helms still. Danielson lets out one final roar before gearing back and KICKING SKIPPER’S HEAD OFF! The impact of Skipper’s skull caving in is heard all over the arena, but Danielson doesn’t go for a cover there. Instead, he grabs the limp Skipper by both of his wrists…AND STARTS STOMPING THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF HIM!! The wrist-clutch stomping from Danielson doesn’t even seem to have a target, each stomp causing Skipper’s flexible body to violently whiplash and nail Skipper’s head, throat, and chest areas. And Danielson refuses to stop the onslaught, a look of pure rage overcoming his face as he relentlessly stomps the life out of Skipper so much, that the referee calls for the bell after Skipper is completely knocked out.

Winner: Bryan Danielson at (5:40)

Danielson doesn’t stop stomping until the referee damn near forces him off of Skipper, the Cruiserweight Champion in a fit of rage here tonight, surprising quite a few people. As soon as he stops rabidly stomping, he stares daggers over at Gregory Helms, his patched up orbital bone making the gaze look all the more menacing. Helms doesn’t look all too intimidated, but he does get up from the announce desk innocently and walks back over to the timekeeper’s table and slows down his walk…before walking away and back up the ramp.

Joey Styles:
Well, Gregory Helms obviously looking to perhaps play a few mind games with Bryan Danielson before he challenges him for the Cruiserweight Championships.

JBL:
You’re damn right he is. An’ he’s doin’em pretty well I do say so myself.

Joey Styles:
Well, it really is hard to blame Helms. I mean he’s been beaten pretty decisively by Danielson twice before, so I imagine he’d try and do something a little different this time.

JBL:
Oh shut yer yap. He was out here doin’ exactly what he needed to do. He knows what Danielson’s capable of, but most importantly, he knows exactly what Danielson’s weaknesses are now.

Joey Styles:
Well speaking of weaknesses, what do you think of that ‘agreement’ that was struck by Ken Doane with American Made?

JBL:
I think it’s brilliant. I think Chris Jericho is a fantastic leader for letting his young gun go out an’ try to expand their worth, I think it’s great that Ken Doane is showing some initiative even after taking that huge blow in the Chamber loss, an’ I think it’s great that American Made is lookin’ to make themselves better an’, well, can ya blame’em for goin’ after a pretty girl?

Joey Styles:
Pretty women have been known to be the downfall of man, John.

JBL:
Yeah. I suppose you can go ask your buddy Christian about that one.

Joey Styles:
Anywho, there’s still more Oblivion to come after the break, because coming up next, coming off the heels of that incredible opening round contest in the Trios Tournament, we have another! Trios action, next!

Quote:
The entire screen begins to cut in and out of static until we’re brought to what looks like an executive office scene, a chair sitting behind a desk. The entire scene is dimly lit and grungy looking until the chair swivels around to reveal Chris Jericho in a suit and a sinister smirk.

Chris Jericho:
There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture.

The scene throbs in static for a moment before returning to clarity, except this time, all color is sucked out of it and monochrome

Chris Jericho:
I am controlling transmission. If I wish to make it louder, I will bring up the volume.

The camera begins to slowly move towards Jericho, then it cuts away to the Hammerstein Ballroom losing their minds and cracking decibel levels

Chris Jericho:
If I wish to make it softer, I will tune it to a whisper.

It again flashes to Jericho staring hypnotically, then flashes back to Jericho holding the AOW Championship high to nothing but silence over the bodies of Rob Van Dam, Shawn Michaels, and Bryan Danielson

Chris Jericho:
I can reduce the focus to a soft blur…

The scene gets blurry and out of focus so much, that we can’t make it out anymore…

Chris Jericho:
…or sharpen it to crystal clarity.

When the picture reforms, we’re on a very close up shot in the office of Jericho, his eyes locked on us as though he truly is getting us under his control

Chris Jericho:
I will control the horizontal.

As he says that now, a scene flashes of a horizontal white line that trails behind Bobby Lashley as he spears Rob Van Dam through a table from the World Ablaze main event

Chris Jericho:
I will control the vertical.

Another scene flash, this one of a vertical white line following Ken Doane as he puts Paul Heyman through the announce table with the Sky High Leg Drop

Chris Jericho:
For the first several months of this company, I have dominated all and proven my worth. Now I need more lands to conquer.

We’re back to Jericho now, pulling away from his close up, his puppetmaster fingers interlocking with each other on the front of his desk, the color somewhat returning to the scene, but everything is tinted with a red and white hue

Chris Jericho:
And I won’t just go for more things alone. Oh no. You all are coming with me. I will control what you see and hear.

We continue to pull back from the desk, but Jericho’s eyes haven’t budged

Chris Jericho:
You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to...The Outer Limits.

As Jericho says that, the wall behind him becomes draped with a tattered, bloody Canadian flag

~ART OF WAR WRESTING PRESENTS~

THE OUTER LIMITS
!!A THREE-HOUR PAY-PER-VIEW SPECIAL!!
Bell Centre - Montreal, Quebec, Canada
March 16th, 2008

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from the break focused on the ring, but it isn’t long before we hear what sounds like “LONDON CALING” going across the arena, as The Hooliganz come through the curtain to a good solid pop, only for them to introduce the third member of their team tonight, Jack Evans. Evans does a little jig on the entrance stage with his partners before all three men madly dash down the ramp and into the ring. While London and Kendrick go to the turnbuckles to play to the crowd, Evans stays in the middle and break dances for a moment before stopping. The three lunatics get a good reception, with Evans looking like he’s teaching the ‘ganz how to dance like him while they wait for their opponents…

“WELCOME TO WHITECHAPEL” hits its ominous pipe organ, as the newly named Mercenaries, Inc. steps through the curtain at a slow, methodical pace to display William Regal and the Mercenaries in all their meticulous glory. Burchill and Albright throw off their black jackets, but Regal keeps his black and red one draped over his shoulders as he and the Mercs make their slow walk down the ramp. The team captain steps into the ring first, the perpetual scowl still etched on his face before throwing off his coat and greeting the opposing team captain, who would turns out to be Paul London. The two shake hands as the tournament seems to call for, but there’s nothing respectful about the look in Regal’s eye at all.

MATCH 3
~AOW Trios Tournament Opening Round~
The Hooliganz & Jack Evans
v.
Mercenaries, Inc.

The opening minutes of the contest saw Jack Evans display some athleticism for his team, but it didn’t take long for William Regal to capitalize on his recklessness and put him at the mercy of he and his corner. But even so, Mercs Inc didn’t want much to do with Evans, but keep demanding that London tag himself in. We pick up two minutes into the contest, Evans rolling back into his corner and now tagging in Brian Kendrick, defying the wishes of the Mercs. Seeing this, Regal tags in Albright and gives him instructions before he steps in. The two fresh men approach center ring and lock up, but it doesn’t take long at all for Albright to break the lock up and take Kendrick down with a massive double leg takedown, almost looking like a spinebuster.

Albright takes clear control of Kendrick here, dragging him around and pulling him into submission holds to wear him down and potentially force him to tag back out. Albright catches Kendrick in what looks like a modified camel clutch, but Kendrick fights his way out back to his feet, trying to reach his way into his corner. But just when it seems like he’ll get there, Albright pulls back for what looks like a full nelson suplex, but Kendrick manages to flip out onto his feet and hit Albright in the spine with a dropkick, propelling him towards the high-flyer corner. Albright’s jaw collides with the post, stunning him, while Kendrick does get to tag in London. Evans grabs the still stunned rookie by his arms, while Kendrick grabs his legs, holding him in place draped across the corner so London can leap in…and mushroom stomps him in the back!! London with an impressive triple team cover – 1…2…NO!! Albright still has enough in him to kick out!

The team captain doesn’t waste much time trying to up the pace, but as he tries to whip Albright into the ropes, the whip is reversed. On the rebound, London catches Albright by surprise and leaps at him with a full on crossbody, but Albright isn’t caught off enough as he rolls through the move and covers London himself – 1…2…NO!! London throws his legs up to escape the hold, but as he does, Albright grabs hold of him and plants him with a back suplex and another cover – 1…2…NO!! London still has some gusto in him, Albright trying to wrench that gusto out of him with a rear chinlock. London needs some prompting from the crowd and his corner, but when he gets it, he escapes the neck wrenching move with a sitout jawbreaker!

Albright goes reeling, London nailing him with a series of arm drags and capping it off with a beautiful dropkick, the pace all in the high end now as London goes for another cover – 1…2…NO!! Albright still has some resolve, but he gets nothing to show for it but a London kick to the gut. London rebounds to try and go for another move, but Albright sidesteps him and catches him from behind…HALF NELSON SUPLEX!! The same move that damn near gave Super Crazy a concussion Sunday night strikes again!! Albright with a cover – 1…2…3-NO!! London stays in! Albright doesn’t waste much time following that, however, as he now tagging in Burchill. Burchill doesn’t leap in, instead waiting for Albright to take London’s legs and set up the catapult…MERCY KILL!! MERCY KILL CONNECTING!! The catapult/second rope clothesline combo beheads the completely unsuspecting London!! This could be it if they pin the captain, Burchill covering – 1…2…3…NO!!! Evans and Kendrick both storm the ring to break the count!

But as both of those men storm the ring, so does Regal and Albright, the four non-legal men duking it out here! Kendrick and Evans gain the surprise upper hand, dropkicking Regal and Albright out of the ring!! They then wait for them as they get back to their feet on the outside, both men rushing towards the ropes with double suicide dives…NOBODY HOME!! Regal shoves Albright out of the way of the projectile bodies as they go completely crashing and burning. Regal jumps back onto the apron, as Burchill tries to lift the still dizzied London up for perhaps a turnbuckle powerbomb…but London keeps rolling over for a sunset flip attempt!

Burchill doesn’t go all the way down, however, teetering over London as he tries to pull him. This allows Burchill to tag in Regal, London pulling him over for the sunset pin…but there’s no count. Burchill rolls out of the futile pin attempt to greet a puzzled London, who gets punted in the gut by Burch, doubling him over. Regal takes note of this and rebounds off the ropes nearby…and ROCKS LONDON’S TEMPLE WITH THE KNEE TREMBLER!! London, coming off the half-nelson and the Mercy Kill, is possibly concussed with that one last blow to the head!! London drops lifelessly to the canvas at the feet of the legal Regal, who doesn’t go for the pin, but instead wraps both of his legs up…and contorts London’s body into the REGAL STRETCH!! All the concentrated damage London’s taken in in almost no time flat now takes its toll…and causes him to tap out!!

Winners: Mercenaries, Inc. at (6:42)

Regal just stands up and dusts off as if that were business as usual, the newest member of the AOW roster getting his team the win in very quick fashion. Burchill and Albright soon join him in victory, but none of the men look very emotive bar the devilish smirk they all seem to be sharing

Joey Styles:
A very convincing win for William Regal and the Mercenaries, but I found it most interesting the way they went about this match – they didn’t care to live up to the opener.

JBL:
Because they didn’t need to, Joey. It’s not always about stealin’ the show an’ making these people walk away happy. These guys are here to hurt people an’ make money hurtin’ people. You saw that with the strategy they used. They didn’t’ dillydally – they found out who the team captain was and went right after him to end this thing as quickly as possible.

Joey Styles:
They are brutal and methodical men who live up to their name indeed. But speaking of brutal and methodical men, this past Sunday at This is Exile, Finlay may have gone too far in his quest to break Rob Van Dam...er...Robert Szatowski. Sunday night, it was Tommy Dreamer, the old ECW mainstay, who answered Finlay's open challenge.

JBL:
I love Tommy D, but there was just simply no way he could have beaten Finlay.

Joey Styles:
Well, Finlay brutalized Dreamer to the point of hospitalization in an attempt to draw a fight out of Szatowski. He did not succeed, but we do have word that Dreamer is doing fine, recovering from his wounds like any ECW Alumni would. From one devout Extremist to another, Tommy, I wish you a speedy recovery.

~Backstage, locker room area

We’re brought to the scene of Mick Foley, Samoa Joe, and Christian Cage standing together. Joe is looking like he’s trying to ease Christian, who is sitting, while Foley reaches in his flannel and pulls out a cell phone. He reads the screen before speaking.

Mick Foley:
Well, I just got word that Jericho has long left the arena. He just up and ran.

Joe:
Figures. Any word on the big guy?

Mick Foley:
He’s gone with’em.

Joe:
Damn. You let me know anything you find out. I got a hit list to finish.

Joe pats Christian on the back before walking out of the scene, leaving Foley and Cage alone. Cage looks just as intense as he did in the opening minutes, staring a hold through the floor…until there’s a knock on the door. Without much else warning, in comes…Paul Heyman?!? In a wheelchair and neckbrace?!? Heyman is wheeled in by a broad shouldered man wearing a three piece black suit and sunglasses (although he looks incredibly similar to OVW talent Alex Riley…)

Paul Heyman:
Hello, Foley.

Mick Foley:
Mr. Heyman. What a pleasant surprise. Come on in!

Paul Heyman:
…uh…

~Heyman takes a look in the door and sees the madman looking Cage

Paul Heyman:
…how about you come out here.

Mick Foley:
Suit yourself.

~Foley exits through the door and into Heyman’s hallway, the camera following them. Foley makes no effort to close the door behind him, allowing us to be able to see Christian as the two men converse in the hall

Mick Foley:
I heard you weren’t supposed to be flushing your own toilet until sometime next month, let alone be up and rolling around here.

Paul Heyman:
After that debacle I saw opening my show tonight?? I broke every traffic law in the book getting here!!

Mick Foley:
Good think you didn’t break your neck, eh?

~Foley ‘playfully’ gives Heyman a whack on the back of the neck, prompting Heyman to become completely paralyzed in pain, his eyes as wide open as his mouth, but no sound is coming out

Mick Foley:
So. What can I do ya for?

Paul Heyman:
You can start by not letting my program fall into utter chaos. That would be preferable.

Mick Foley:
Sorry, boss. No can do. I like the guys in the office to take a ‘hands on approach’ to problem solving, you know?

~The smartass jab is not lost on Heyman, who scowls through his neckbrace while Foley beams a grin right back

Paul Heyman:
Oh yeah? Well next week, you’re gonna make sure there’s order!! Because that’s when Christian and Jericho will sign on for their AOW Championship match at The Outer Limits. If either one of them so much as thinks about touching the other before, during, or even in the weeks after that, they’ll be severely punished. Do I make myself clear??

Mick Foley:
Yes sir, you do.

Paul Heyman:
Good. Now wheel me back out to my car.

~The Riley-esque MIB agent wheels Heyman right back out of the scene, leaving Foley with a bit of a hopeless look on his face. He goes back into the locker room, Christian not having moved a muscle

Mick Foley:
So I’m guessing you heard that?

Christian Cage:
Yeah. He said I have a week to figure out how to kill him without touching him.

~Christian says nothing else, getting up and walking out of the door to a somewhat surprised Foley who, after a moment, gets a semi-smile behind his bushy beard as we fade away…

Quote:
We're brought to what looks like a very dingy street in a run-down neighborhood. There's a sudden flash in the scene, showing a very shadowy figure walking down that street. We can't see anything about them other than a golden crucifix chain around their neck. The figure then reaches out around it's neck and puts the golden cross on doorknob of one of the rundown houses in the neighborhood. In a flash, the figure is gone and all that's left is the chain gleaming in the sun on the door until we see the words --

THE SAINT HAS MARCHED...

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We come back to Oblivion to see a wide pan shot of the ring area and to hear the ringing of the bell and Tony Chimel telling us that the following contest is for the AOW Dynasty Championship. Not too long after that, the ominous and annoying Arabic chanting hits the sound system, as “MAD MAN” rings out over it to a great deal of heat as Muhammad Hassan pushes his way through the blood-red curtain and opens his arms to the sky to absorb all of that heat. Hassan is in absolutely no hurry whatsoever to get to the ring…and we soon see why, as Hassan doesn’t even walk down the ramp, but instead, proceeds to disappear behind one of the Roman stone columns making up the entrance stage decoration. The heat is unbridled for this, as many know what may come next…

…but this greatly contrasts when “MISERA CANTARE – THE BEGINNING” blares out across the arena, as Dynasty Champion CM Punk breaks on through the curtain with a great deal of desire in his eyes. He drops to one knee, but as he does, he tends to his lower back, which is still understandably wrapped with pain. But Punk gets no time to declare what time it is because here comes Hassan ambushing Punk from behind!!

MAIN EVENT
*AOW DYNASTY CHAMPIONSHIP*
CM Punk(c)
v.
Muhammad Hassan

Everyone saw this coming a moment ago, but Hassan doesn’t seem to care, as he doesn’t wait to lay into Punk here! Brooks barely has time to unhook the title from around his waist when Hassan gets in his face and starts going at him with hard clubs before pulling on Punk’s elastic waistband of his tights and keeps pulling him back in for repeat forearm shots to the lower back, Hassan immediately targeting a spot here! The crowd throws a shitload of heat for this, referee Ray Ramsey now stepping out of the ring and having to go chase down the combatants, begging them to get into the ring.

Hassan yanks Punk by his hair and starts leading him down the ramp, apparently adhering to the referee’s admonishments, but he stops about halfway down, only to take Punk and chunk him spine-first into the guard rail!! Ramsey again admonishes Hassan for that, but Hassan doesn’t seem to give much of a damn, taking Punk by his hair once again and leading him all the way down to ringside where he looks like he’s going to throw Punk in the ring, but instead, he just grabs around his midsection and drives his lower back into the ring lip!! Punk lets out a scream of pain, as Hassan is really picking apart the already battered Punk in what was obviously a premeditated notion, almost mirroring his strategy from their first encounter.

Hassan finally rolls Punk into the ring, but Punk doesn’t let him go for a cover, instead, opting to use some ring presence to roll away from him and stay on his stomach. Hassan notices this and just uses it to get free shots at Punk’s exposed back, laying his boots into it and causing Punk to cry out in pain once again. Hassan then drops a knee right into the worked over area before leaving it there, pulling up on Punk’s hair to further the torque. Ramsey is ordering he let go of the hair, which Hassan does, but only to take Punk’s head in his hands and throw it into the canvas. Punk’s head whiplashes violently before Hassan looks to finally go for a cover –

1…

2…

NO!!

Punk rolls the shoulder, but Hassan stays right on him and gives him a hard club to the side of the head before bringing Punk back to his feet and setting him back down with a high-elevation backdrop. Punk curdles his entire body in pain, Hassan forcing him back down for another cover –

1…

2…

NO!!

There’s still much left in the tank from Punk, who tries as he might to get to his feet but has to stop and grip his ailing vertebrate. Hassan watches the weakened Punk try, only to kick the dog by literally kicking him in the face. He then takes Punk and tosses him into the opposite ropes, but Punk doesn’t come back, wrapping both arms around the rope. Hassan charges at Punk to try and push the issue, but Punk greets him with his first sign of offense so far with a kick to the face of his own. Hassan stumbles away, giving Punk time to rush towards Hassan and roll through him, catching him in a school boy pin attempt –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Hassan kicks his feet up just in time, just narrowly escaping Punk’s attempt at a fast one. But just as soon as both men roll to their feet, Punk surprises Hassan and everyone by clocking him in the head with the roundhouse!! From literally out of nowhere, Punk reminds us that he’s very much alive!! Hassan is stricken in the back of his head, falling flat and rolling out of the ring, perhaps out of instinct. This gets a good amount of heat from the crowd, as Hassan breaks up Punk’s momentum before he can even really get going. Hassan roams the outside trying to shake the cobwebs out of his noggin, walking over near the entrance ramp to maybe get more room to pace. Worn out spine and all, Punk doesn’t give him that time to do anything, opting instead to go up to the ropes and leap on them…SPRINBOARD CLOTHESLINE TO THE OUTSIDE!! PUNK FLIES INTO BEHEADING HASSAN ON THE OUTSIDE!! The crowd suddenly has a fire lit under their ass, everyone on their feet to see that move and pop hard for it, but both men feel the effects of the move outside, Punk having to again tend to his back. Both he and Hassan lay out as we cut away for our final…

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

When we cut back from the break, both men are still fighting on the outside, the count out having been restarted at some point or another, but it’s Hassan who is now on the offensive, trying to toss Punk into the steel ring steps. But Punk reverses the momentum and the whip, instead sending HASSAN CRASHING INTO THE STEPS!! The ring steps get displaced from the momentum Hassan strikes them. Ramsey has his count out up to six at the moment, but Punk rolls in and rolls out to break the count, still opting to be a fighting champion.

Punk strikes Hassan with a hard backhand that looks a bit stiff as he brings Hassan back to his feet. Even though he was just rocked, Hassan still has his head on straight, surprising Punk by clubbing him in the base of the spine, going for the tender spot again. He then looks to possibly break Punk’s back when he gets him back up for a backdrop ON TOP OF THE DISPLACED STEEL STEPS…but Punk manages to fight out of the move, forcing Hassan to put Punk back on his feet. It’s now Punk’s turn to ram Hassan, this time forcing him spine first into the steel ring post!! Hassan stays up against the post from the impact of the move, Punk taking a few steps back and rushing right back at Hassan, leaping off the steel steps…INTO THE RUNNING HIGH KNEE!! HASSAN’S HEAD POUNDS AGAINST THE STEEL RING POST BEHIND IT!!

A double whammy blow for Hassan there, Punk now taking advantage and rolling the limp body of Hassan in the ring, which isn’t easy now that it’s completely dead weight. Punk quickly climbs in and goes to cover Hassan for his first real definite cover –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Punk possibly took too much time trying to roll Hassan back in, but whatever the case, Hassan rolls a shoulder!! Punk lets out a little growl of frustration but doesn’t sit on it for too long, opting instead to go back over to the ring ropes and climb through them. Punk lies in wait on the ring apron, keeping his weight back and stalking Hassan as he slowly makes it to his feet…another springboard clothesline…NO!! Hassan sidesteps sending Punk crashing right back down empty handed. Hassan wastes no time going back over to Punk, pulling him up by his hair and catching him in the inverted facelock…FINAL TOUCH!! The high speed elbow sends the back of Punk’s head crashing down, Hassan hooking a leg here –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Punk still has more life in him!! It’s Hassan who now lets out a roar of frustration now, letting out some of that frustration by laying more boots into Punk’s spine, going back to the weak point. Hassan stops only to acknowledge the heat being thrown on him, spitting in the fan’s general direction. He reaches on down to grab Punk by the hair yet again…GTS!! GTS…NO!! Hassan drops off of Punk’s shoulders, catching him in a front headlock…lifting swinging DDT!! Punk’s head is planted into the canvas, Hassan now in control once again –

1…

2…

3…

NO!!

PUNK ROLLS THE SHOULDER!! The crowd pops in approval, as Hassan pounds the mat in utter anger, even pulling Ramsey close and ordering that he make sure that wasn’t a three count. Ramsey says it wasn’t, infuriating Hassan even more. Hassan takes a moment to knock some sense back into his head, possibly still feeling the effects of that high knee on the outside. Copani then stays on Punk, stalking him until he gets back to his feet, charging at him…SNAP POWERSLAM!! Punk snaps back to life, slamming Hassan over!! Punk scrambles to hook the leg and keep his title –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Hassan throws a shoulder up, but Punk grabs the shoulder that was thrown into the air and uses it to bring Hassan right back to his feet. He pulls Hassan in for a pair of knee strikes to the ribs before getting some double underhooks on the Mad Man…double underhook backbreaker!! It’s Hassan’s turn to feel some back pain!! Hassan crumples to the canvas, Punk again scurrying to get on top of him –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

AGAIN Punk can’t put Hassan away here! Punk has to push the hair out of his eyes and now he asks Ramsey if he was sure that wasn’t three. Ramsey assures him it was only two, Punk being forced to keep going. Hassan uses the ropes to try and get back to his feet, gripping at his back now. Punk roams over to Hassan, only for him to catch Punk in a drop toehold, dropping Punk’s neck across the top rope!! A lot of heat goes across for that signature heel tactic, Hassan now able to use it to take Punk up and get him in position for the REVERSE STO…NO!! Punk stops the finishing move by striking Hassan repeatedly in the side of the head with elbows, forcing Hassan away. Punk follows up on that with another roundhouse…NO!! Hassan ducks underneath that one, grabbing Punk from behind – BACKDROP BACKBREAKER!! Punk’s ailing spine comes right back into play as it’s dropped right across Hassan’s knee. Hassan going for the title winning cover now –

1…

2…

3…NO!!

PUNK STILL HAS LIFE!! A huge pop from the Hammerstein for their midcard hero, but Hassan immediately silences the cheers by stepping over Punk’s back…AND LOCKING IN THE CAMEL CLUTCH!! CAMEL CLUTCH!! All the work to Punk’s back may come to a head here, as Hassan pulls up and furthers the strain all over that area!!! The crowd is going crazy, everyone in the Hammerstein begging Punk to stay in there, but the pain is written on his face as he desperately tries to crawl to a rope. Hassan has a look of sheer intensity in his eyes, roaring across the arena for Punk to tap out. Punk doesn’t want it to end like this here, but he’s got no way out. With every move Punk makes crawling on his elbow to a corner, Hassan appears to crank back some more. Punk reaches, wanting more than anything to get out of this with his title and his back intact, but everything in him is wrapped with pain…HE GETS THERE!! PUNK WRAPS AN ARM AROUND THE BOTTOM ROPE!!

Even so, Hassan refuses to let go of the hold, forcing the referee to get all the way to a count of four before finally stopping the strain on Punk’s back. Punk can’t even get to his feet the pain is so great. The devout straight-edger has to use the ropes to get to try and get to his feet, but he’s stopped part of the way up when Hassan gives him another good club to the base of the spine before forcing his head up against the middle rope, choking Punk out now. Again, referee Ramsey has to count Hassan down, but he lets go before he’s disqualified. Frustrated all to hell now, Hassan takes Punk and gets him in his arms once again for the REVERSE STO…but Punk is aware of his surroundings, using a drop toehold that mirrors Hassan’s earlier to drop Hassan’s face off the ring corner!!

Hassan is suddenly dizzied, giving Punk enough time to get some breath back in him and get back to his feet, giving Hassan a good right hand for insurance. Punk now looks to climb up to the top rope, oddly not taking Hassan with him until he’s already there. He puts Hassan in the double underhooks once again and brings him up the middle rope…oh we’ve seen Punk end Hassan with this before…PEPSI PLUNDGE…NO!! Hassan stands upright, flipping Punk over in a back body drop from the second rope, all the way to the canvas below!!

Again, Punk’s body is wrapped in pain, falling right on his ailing back. Hassan is now in unfamiliar territory on the higher plane, but he decides to go for something big and climb all the way to the top rope. What could Hassan possibly have in mind? It takes him a moment to get his footing down, but just when it looks like he has it, Punk gets a burst of adrenaline and springs to life, quickly climbing up the top rope with Hassan…FRANKENSTEIR!! FRANKENSTEIR!! HASSAN GOES FLIPPING ALL THE WAY TO THE MAT!! Punk is down! Hassan is down! The crowd is flipping their shit for yet another impressive contest between these two bitter rivals! Neither man can make it to their feet, Ramsey forced to start the KO count –

…1!!

…2!!

…3!!

…4!!

…5!!

…6!!

Punk climbs to his feet gripping the ring ropes, waiting on Hassan…

…7!!

Hassan begins to get vertical…

…8!!

Punk signals that it’s naptime for Hassan as both men get completely vertical, the count being broken as immediately puts Hassan on his shoulders for the GTS!! GTS…PUNK’S BACK GIVES WAY!! Just like their first encounter, Hassan’s working of the back comes right back into play when Punk can’t hold Hassan up for too long! Punk is forced to drop to a knee, but Hassan drops to his feet and yanks Punk back for the REVERSE STO!! REVERSE STO CONNECTING…OR NOT?!? ANACONDA VICE!! ANACONDA VICE!! It looked like Hassan got the reverse STO, but it was Punk who forced Hassan down with a urange instead!! Hassan is choking himself out from the precarious position he’s in, trying his damndest to try and get out by driving some knees into Punk’s spine…but Punk SHIFTS HIS HIPS, getting them completely clear of Hassan’s reach while the submission is locked in completely tight!! The crowd is white hot, Punk screaming passionately along with them while Hassan tries to fight more and more, but can’t find a way out and fades by the second…

…………
……

………
……

……
……HE TAPS!! HE TAPS!! HASSAN TAPS OUT!! IT’S OVER!!

Winner and STILL AOW Dynasty Champion: CM Punk
at (14:49)

He did it!! Punk, battered, bruised, and completely beaten, has prevailed by making the man who has been on him forever finally submit in definitive fashion!! Punk is handed his Dynasty Championship and has it and his hand hoisted high for all to see that he has indeed fought for his freedom here tonight.

Joey Styles:
There you see it! Do you need any more proof that this kid is for real?

JBL:
This is hodgepodge!! Throw this match out!

Joey Styles:
Oh, now you wanna cry foul? You weren’t saying the match should be thrown out when Hassan ambushed Punk and damn near won the title by dirty tactics, were you? Besides, you nor anyone else has any reason to say he didn’t fight tooth and nail for that win.

JBL:
I can say whatever the hell I wanna say an’ I say this kid doesn’t deserve that damn Dynasty Championship!

Joey Styles:
OH~!! Who the hell is that…?

Styles and Jibbles are cut off on the commentary booth by Punk suddenly being struck from behind with a burlap sack!! Punk collapses to the canvas where Hassan once was, where we get a good shot at whoever the hell just drilled him. A man dressed in all black, what looks like a turtleneck covering his mouth, sunglasses, and a hood covering up his facial identity. The crowd is letting out a resounding round of heat for whoever the hell this is, but Punk’s lights are out. Whatever was in that sack has completely done away with Punk, but the man in black doesn't drop it. Instead, he reaches down into his hoodie and pulls out…a gold crucifix chain, the very one that we’ve been seeing in video packages for weeks. Is this “The Saint?”

Whoever he is, the next thing he does is pull down his hood, revealing cornrows. It’s a black guy? With the hood down, we do see his forehead, confirming it is indeed a dark skinned man. He then pulls down the collar of his turtleneck, revealing the lower half of his face, showing us some facial hair. Some can already start to recognize him, but it’s not until he pulls off his sunglasses that the whole arena stares back in shock…

MONTEL VONTAVIOUS PORTER?!?! WHAT THE HELL??? IT’S MVP!!

A man, A CHAMPION, who was literally on Monday Night RAW days ago and at the Smackdown tapings the very next night is standing in the middle of an AOW ring!! What’s the meaning of this? The entire Hammerstein is buzzing something fierce, only for MVP to reach down into his burlap sack and pull out…

THE WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP?!?!?!?!

Joey Styles:
That’s…that’s Montel Vontavious Porter and that’s…that’s not an AOW title!

JBL:
That’s the property of a whole other company!! What the hell is goin’ on here??

Joey Styles:
Did someone just jump ship?? What in the hell is all this -- ?

The final image we get of the fallout from This is Exile edition of Oblivion is that of the man we know as Montel Vontavious Porter/Antonio Banks holding the title which he holds currently in another company high over the body of a decimated Dynasty Champion in CM Punk with a plethora of more questions than answers as we

Fade…

To…

Black…

END SHOW

THE OUTER LIMITS
The Belle Centre – Montreal, Quebec, Canada
March 16th, 2008
*Current Card*

*AOW Heavyweight Championship*
The Worthy Champion Chris Jericho(c) v. The Man on the Moon Christian Cage

~AOW Trios Tournament Finals~
TBA vs. TBA

Hope all don't hate me for lateness, or at least hate me less for the ending...

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Origins & Endings NOW POSTED!!:.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote