Wrestling Forum banner

8 Man NXT Tournament - Winner To Enter Royal Rumble Match

3K views 39 replies 33 participants last post by  RDEvans 
#1 ·
NXT Royal Rumble tournament?

Many NXT stars are tweeting about a trip to Phoenix, and taking part in a Royal Rumble tournament in which the winner gets a spot in the Royal Rumble match. Who do you all think deserves this shot? My vote goes to Kassius Ohno, or Adrian Neville.

#30 ·
Good way to debut a guy but I think with all the time contraints and the fact they'll be focusing more on people like Ryback, Cena, Orton and Sheamus who they'll want to book strong, this guy (whoever) will be in and out before anybody remembers his name, plus, they won't even have time to explain who this guy is and what he's all about, it'll just seem like a filler pick to all who's watching might even hurt his chances in the longrun if he goes out real quick, so in that sense maybe it's a bad idea overall.

#32 ·
Which is exactly why this spot should go to Neville. No explaination needed. All everyone would have to do is watch whatever spot he ends up pulling off and boom goes the dynamite! Trending worldwide, "Holy Shit" chants, etc. Then he gets eliminated. All this could happen in the span of 90 seconds and suddenly you got the WWE Universe wondering when this Adrian Neville is going to show up again.

You give Bo Dallas 5 or 10 mins in the Rumble and, like you said, nobody will know his name come RAW, Monday.

#33 ·
- WWE originally had planned to do a multi-man match on the Royal Rumble pre-show that would have featured both main roster Superstars and wrestlers from NXT. They made the decision to put The Miz vs. Antonio Cesaro on the pre-show and create the NXT tournament for the Rumble Fan Fest. No word yet on who is penciled in to win the tournament and earn a spot in the Rumble match but Leo Kruger and Bo Dallas seem to be the favorites.

Source: F4Wonline.com
-

#36 ·
If WWE is smart, they'll have cameras at the fanfest and can put together a video package of the winner... just show it during a break between matches before the actual Rumble, and then the live crowd will know who that person is and why they are in the Rumble match.

Simple enough, right?

#37 ·
I think it's pretty cool to give someone an opportunity like this, i'm looking forward to seeing who wins.

#40 ·
fpalm I really did not want Bo Dallas to win.Imho the guy needs a gimmick before debuting on the main roster or just throw him in the Wyatt Family, I wanted Connor to win or Neville, both have impressive moves and great gimmicks which Bo Sadly has none of those characteristics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.