Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Why didn't Edge go over Taker at WM24

View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
KeepinItReal
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

KeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why didn't Edge go over Taker at WM24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOThuganomics View Post
It made so much sense. Taker was already at 15-0 and had cemented his name as an all time great. Edge was undefeated at WM so that would've began a new streak. Edge was in him prime, IMO, at this time.

I respect Taker but I'm still disappointed to this day about the outcome of that main event.
For business reasons, the streak is just great. The Undertaker match is a main event each yr, which means bigger paychecks for every wrestler who performs at Mania.

That being said, I was at Mania 24 in Orlando, and I was completely going for Edge. I started watching in 2000 and though I liked the Hardys and Dudleys more than Edge and Christian, it was so cool to see how far Edge had come, and how great of a performer he was. When Undertaker won I was just pissed. Big Edge fan.
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote