Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Memory Stick Problem

View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
iMac
Step Up And Play...

iMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a push
Default Memory Stick Problem

Right OK, I have a memory stick that I regularly use to transfer files between home and work. Been using it for well over a year now, never had any issues with it before. Today however, I plugged into my laptop as usual and all the files on the stick are now blank, yet Windows still says there is date on the stick. In the picture below you'll see the stick called NANO PRO:

Looks fine yeah? But then, when you open the stick, all the files within are showing 0 bytes. For instance, this is the backup folder for all the old BTB shows I have posted:

And this is repeated for every file on the stick. The name and file show up, but each and every one of them is now blank. Word docs, excel files, pdfs, powerpoints, even the lone mp4 file I had, they're all blank.

Now, at about half 9 this morning I gave my memory stick to a work colleague so she could put a file on the stick that I needed. I fear she may have given me a virus. But, the file I needed was taken off my stick and put onto my work computer no problem. So I dunno how that would work yet it would wipe all my files.

Further info. Computer's at work are windows 7, same as my laptop. However, today I was working on a stand alone Linux computer that isn't hooked up to my work's network. Could the change in OS have anything to do with it?

Anybody know if there's any way to salvage this situation?

iMac is offline   Reply With Quote